Rex Goliath Red Moscato, Red Wine

by Rex Goliath

At the turn of the 20th century, Rex Goliath, the “World’s Largest Rooster”, was the treasured attraction of a Texas circus. We honor Rex with our premium varietal wines. Mark Ferguson joined the team as a winemaker in 2011 and has added his expertise to every bottle ever since. He brings enthusiasm and comprehensive experience and works to continue the legacy of bold flavors and big personality for which the wines have become known. Rex Goliath wines have won more than 65 gold medals in the major wine competitions. This red moscato is the king of sweet, with majestic jam and strawberry punch flavors. Best served chilled or ice-cold, enjoy this refreshingly sweet wine alongside your favorite fruit or cheese.

I’ve never tried this wine. Can anyone tell me it’s notes? I’m wondering if it’s worth a try.
Is it affordable?
Where can i purchase this
Start your review of Rex Goliath Red Moscato, Red Wine!
Greensboro, NC
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is a very good wine !! I really enjoy this ! I bought this at my local Harris teeter ! Also Abe this at foodlion . It’s really crips and refreshing ! I enjoy it ! I would definitely buy again I believe they were on sale 2 for $11
Austin, TX
I first tried Rex Goliath about 6 months ago. Ill be honest, I grabbed it off the bottom shelf at my local grocery because of 1. The price $4.99 how can you beat that? 2. I liked the rooster. And 3. I loved the name. I had never seen it before so I figured I'd give it a whirl. It was a wine kind of night after a long day of work. I first tried Merlot. Soooo good for the price. Spicy and mild all at once. I just tried moscato 2 days ago. Paid $5.99 for it and again extremely pleased! Sweet and juicy. It definitely snuck up on me and I had a relaxing girls night. I'm not usually into sweet wines but this is a Muscato I would try again as well as buy for my friends who love Muscato. ALSO beware its moving up on the shelves! Which means its gaining popularity and price will slowly but surely increase. My advice, STOCK UP!
Bedford, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
Wine is always "you get what you pay for," you can find some surprisingly good cheap wines. This however is not one of those good cheap wines. It seemed to have little to no flavor, and what flavor it did have was nor pleasureable. We ending up saving and serving to guests (terrible hosts but we didn't want to waste it.) The guest you could tell were just kind of bearing it since we had offered it.
Denville, NJ
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
When I began drinking wine, I started with moscato. I eventually grew into dryer wines, but still enjoy a glass of moscato as dessert or mixed with a dryer wine for a blend. The rex goliath moscato is great, you can really taste the grape in it and it is super affordable.
Hilliard, OH
This is not my go-to Moscato brand. It's not as sweet as others of the same price/price range, and I'm certainly looking for sweet when I go with moscato. It's not awful, and I would drink it if I had no other option, but it's not what I pull off the shelf if others are available.
I was a little skeptical on this drink after reading the reviews and seeing how cheap it was. however I decided to try it anyways bc some of the best wines I've had have been like 6$ (barefoot), I'm really glad I decided to give it a chance! It's pretty good and I'd probably buy it again! I do recommend at least trying it once!
Mooresville, NC
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Honestly, it's decent, but this cheaply-purchased wine is lackluster, at best. For a new wine drinker, it will suffice just fine. The price is spectacular. However, for one who enjoys wine, at only a few dollars per bottle, you are getting exactly what you pay for with this selection and that is a mediocre product.
Tuscaloosa , AL
One word: TERRIBLE! I'm in no way a wine snob, and don't have a problem drinking cheap wine. What I do have a problem with is drinking bad wine, and this wine is bad! A friend of mine had this at a party, and I didn't get past the first sip. I actually poured the rest of the glass out! There are much better quality Moscato's on the market in the same price range.
Clark, NJ
I really like Rex Goliath's red wines so I happily tried out the moscato. When I buy a moscato, I want a sweet, fruity light wine that's great for sipping. Unfortunately, this was not very sweet and had quite a bite to it. For the same price point, there are other moscatos I enjoy much more.
Ladson, SC
Rex Goliath Red Moscato, Red Wine uploaded by Jessica H.
I just opened this bottle last night. Needless to say it is empty this morning. I picked it up from a local grocery store on sale for an amazing price of $6.99. It is very tasty for such a low price! I will return to get more!