Revolution uploaded by Jennifer C.Revolution uploaded by Jennifer C.

BY REVOLUTION

• I watched half of the first season. Is it still on?3 Answers
  • Anyone else annoyed that this show wasn't picked up for another s...4 Answers
  • Anyone else as infatuated with this new show as I am? 18 Answers
Revolution
  • "I really liked this show, it took a different spin on the post-apocalyptic life." in 2 reviews
  • "Plus it had done really good actors/actresses in it." in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed Revolution." in 1 review
  • "This was a great show, it makes me sad they canceled it." in 1 review
Patricia G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This show had the potential to be great. It started to pick up, and then it was canceled. As a show, it gave no closure to anything and I feel betrayed. The show is about a dystopia where there is no electricity. The world is war torn and most of America is run by a militia. There are people revolting against the militia, and the plot follows them. There is action and some science fiction elements.
Ashley S.
Elizabethtown, KY
Admittedly my interest is starting to wane with this show. I like the mystery that surrounds the major plot line - one day everyone wax just living there lives, and then all of the electricity went out and everything changed.

In true J.J. Abrams style not much is given away at once and truthfully, it had a very LOST feel in that the episodes so fat seem to focus more on character development more so than letting us in on what actually happened. As a viewer, I think they need to give a little more away this time. We all waited LOST out and it just didn't feel worth it, and if the writers/producers keep holding out I don't see this show getting renewed for a second season.

I'm in interested in Charlie, I want her to reunite her family but I find myself caring more about the supporting characters. I'll probably like this show more if they actually provide us with a little more insight on the past and move the story along a slightly accelerated pace, it's just moving so slowly for this kind of story.

There was a lot of buzz for this show, it was well advertised, I'm ready to see it live up to the expectations the marketing team set.
Anna C.
Pflugerville , TX
This show is really good. I have watched it from the beginning and when it ends each week, it leaves you wanting to see more of it. The show started by all of the power on Earth going out. It doesn't really tell you much in the beginning, but a man comes home to his wife and children and says "It" is happening. Then it fasts forwards several years. Things have changed drastically. People have learned to survive without power. They have formed small communities in which they live, etc. It bascially follows the life of a teenage girl that is trying to get her brother back with the help of her uncle and some other allies. The teenage girl and the brother she is in search of are the children of the man at the beginning that said "It" is happening. Basically, the people in power know that they are the children of that man and the story gets deeper, but I don't want to give it all away since some probably have not seen it, yet. Anyway, good show.
Jenna D.
Orlando, FL
This was such a good show! When I found out it didn't get picked up for another season I was really disappointed! I would still recommend watching the shows that did air on TV because it was a fun show to watch!
Terri T.
Jacksonville, FL
Liked the first season then it went off thr rails. The plot was to convoluted and lacked continuity. I didn't like the fact I couldn't find anyone to really make me invest in the show.
May P.
I was initial attracted to this series, like many others, because of it's interesting plot. What if one day we lost power? The relevance of the series is the selling point. Just in case the power does go out, I'm far more prepared. Just kidding.

However, the acting, especially the main character Charlie, is horrendous. And there are many holes in the writers logic, which I'd have to admit is quite hilarious when talking to others about it. However with all it's faults, I'd have to admit the only reason why I still watch this is because I love the plot line. I'm hoping that the series really turns around and the writers take a chill pill and write things that could actually happen.
Debbie K.
Revolution does have a few downsides and bad ideas but if you look past all of that it is really a great action show of a dystopian society. I think they really portrayed really well how society would go if something like this actually happened.
The main character, Charlie, is kind of annoying at first and has seemed to be the main reason most people I know get turned off the show. She is whiny, cocky and thinks she knows everything. As the show goes on you watch her grow up. She gets a grim view of what the world really has come to. In the second season you can see the effects of this with her new attitude.
Christine L.
Parsippany, NJ
I was really reluctant to start another series, especially one created by JJ Abrams. Don't get me wrong, I love JJ Abrams but I was really disappointed by Lost's season finale, but I digress. So far Revolution has been good. The characters are riveting (although the forums complain of the main girl. I think she's fine). I love that Billy Burke has a main role instead of being known as Bella's father in Twilight. I was actually pretty bummed there wasn't a new episode last night because of the Presidential Debate. I feel that this is one of the good new shows of Fall 2012.
Mandymae C.
Keeping in mind that Kripe did great with Supernatural and that at first it started off some what dicey then turned in to the badassness that we've seen over the years, I hope that Revolution follows in it's path. It has great potential to be a really good show so I'm hoping that it gets picked up for a second season so they could improve on it. It's not horrible, the story is interesting and the characters are likable but as is the case with most shows in their first season it needs a little work. Not bad though. I have enjoyed what I've seen so far.
Kayla S.
Waukesha, WI
When I heard about this series, I thought it was going to be great. But I feel like the entire action of the series took place in the first 5 minutes. They should've drawn the before-power-out section out and built the intensity up. I was extremely disappointed that the action was pretty much over within the first 5 minutes and then the skip a large period of time to where they are finally functioning properly without electricity...I think it would've been great to see the apocalyptic frenzy that would've ensued. Again, so much potential...wasted.
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
Anyone else as infatuated with this new show as I am?
Helene H.
Which character annoys you?
Kim S.
Anyone else annoyed that this show wasn't picked up for another season and it seems like we never got a real ending? !
Tanita C.
Springfield, MA
I watched half of the first season. Is it still on?
Isis E.
What was your favorite part of the show?