Add a Photo

Photos (44)
Nickyia N.
Nickyia N.
New York , NY
I bought this mascara with high hopes and it has let me down, in a big way!
It promises volume and length but it doesn't deliver in the length in a single way, my lashes don't appear longer at all; also I noticed that it has some kind of long fibers, probably for the lengthening, but they just got into my eyes and clogged the brush.
And when it comes to the volume, it does give them definition but if I am not careful when layering you will end up with tarantula lashes, and I hate that.
It did last quite a long time without smudging and it barely flaked, but I had the waterproof version. It is a dry formula, at least mine was, I didn't care, but it made application a bit more difficult and clumpy.
I won't repurchase this mascara again.
Connie W.
Connie W.
Pros
Defining
Lengthening
Not clumpy

Cons
Doesn't really hold a curl
Seems to smudge more than other waterproof mascaras

Price
$6+ for 0.28 oz / 8.5 ml

Verdict
Rating: C
I didn't see great reviews for this mascara or any of the new Revlon mascaras, but I found a $5 off coupon on Facebook, so this ended up being ~$1 plus tax for me. I actually think this isn't a terrible mascara... But it weighs my thin lashes down, so the length is basically useless when you can barely see your lashes. Unfortunately this is the first waterproof mascara I've tried that doesn't hold a curl, maybe it's the fibers.

Repurchase?

Would I recommend it?
If you don't have problems keeping your lashes curled these might be ok
Samantha A.
Samantha A.
May 9, 2016, 10:44 p.m.
Review for: Blackest Black Waterproof
I wasn't a huge fan of this mascara. I felt like it wore off during the day. It did add length to your lashes, but only upon the initial application. My tube ended up breaking after about a week and a half of use. The plastic piece at the top of the hole in the mascara got stuck to the lid of the wand and wouldn't come out. So anytime I had to use the product, I would have to wipe the wand off with a tissue to get rid of the excess mascara before I applied it to my lashes...which ended up being a huge waste and a lot of effort for a product that wasn't amazing to begin with. I just threw the tube out. Won't repurchase.
Heather S.
Heather S.
Eureka, CA
June 4, 2016, 6:37 p.m.
Review for: Blackest Black Waterproof
I was able to try this product for under a dollar for National Mascara Day and I love it. I have very thin eyelashes that usually take 5 or 6 coats of mascara before you can see them. I only have to use two coats of the Revlon and they are long and full. The brush is full coverage bristles so you don't have to separate your lashes. It is great for both day and night and wont run even from crying, I'm a movie crier. Well defiantly recommend this to my friends. I plan on doing a coverage comparison between it and Hard Candy on my blog this upcoming week.
Robin S.
Robin S.
Granbury, TX
I'm honestly really pissed. I only started using this like 2 days ago and yesterday i developed pink eye. I haven't used anything else new and haven't shared any make up with anyone so this is the only thing I can think of that would have made my eye get infected. Now I have to throw out my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and my contour kit from Anastasia (i used one of the colors for eye shadow.) I'm so upset. I bought it from a Walgreen's in San Antonio. I don't know if its just this batch but either way I would NOT recommend this mascara.
Tara J.
Tara J.
San Antonio, TX
After hearing about this new line of Revlon mascaras, and coincidentally needing new mascara, I decided to buy this particular product. The price was decent, under $10. In my opinion, it's just a basic mascara. Nothing spectacular. I've used better (Benefit They're Real, Lash Sensational) and worse. The formula is okay-not too wet-not too dry. It doesn't flake on me and usually lasts all day without reapplying. It's not my favorite mascara so I probably won't purchase it again or recommend to anyone.
Morgan R.
Morgan R.
SALEM, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
May 16, 2016, 3:55 p.m.
Review for: Blackest Black Waterproof
I am in love with this mascara! I love the volume and the length it adds to my lashes. I don't have any issues with it transferring to my lid or getting under my eyes. I love the separation of my lashes. I don't like mascara that clumps all of my lashes together and this is perfect for me. I feel like it lasts all day without flaking away. I am also happy it is easy to remove I don't like scrubbing makeup off my eyes I need something that lasts all day yet is easy to remove at night.
Connie L.
Connie L.
Mediocrity is not something to aim for but....this mascara has achieved true mediocrity. I mean...it's not horrible....? It's not the best??? Like the most average mascara ever. There is some?? Lengthening?? There's some?? Volume?? But definitely not a lot and there is some smudging around my eyes. Also it's pretty difficult to take off for some reason. This mascara is like that clingy ex boyfriend. We had some aight times but they were only aight buddy it's time to move on.
Kambrie K.
Kambrie K.
This product does WONDERS for my lashes!! Big con though. The fibers in the formula are incredibly plasticy and hurt A LOT if you get them in your eyes. They usually stick to your waterline and irritate your eyes a little bit. The fibers are very easy to see and remove though once you know they're there! Despite this, I would still recommend this product because it stays on all day, even if you're prone to messing with your eyelashes like I am.
Tania G.
Tania G.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this mascara! I have long but semi-sparse lashes and I have been looking for a mascara that gives me volume but every mascara I have tried either gives me length, or makes my lashes clumpy. I truly think that the formula works very well with the brush that it came with! It doesn't deposit too much product but that way, it doesn't clump up my lashes. I did about 2-3 coats and my lashes still look good! I definitely recommend it!
Amber M.
Amber M.
How do you guys like this? I used to use an older Revlon volume mascara but they discontinued it
Emily C.
Emily C.
Edmond , OK
I bought this mascara because it said it would give volume and length. It didn't do either for me :( Did anyone else have that problem? I can't decide if it's the formula or the wand.
Bailey T.
Bailey T.
I have been considering trying one of these.. is this better than the volume mascara and the length mascara since they are together??
Bobbie W.
Bobbie W.
Geary, NB
I already have long lashes but I like to add more volume. Does this mascara clump at all ?
Lea M.
Lea M.
Vista, CA
I love Revlon! I was wondering if it's hard to remove ? usually waterproof mascara is very difficult to remove .