Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat 955 uploaded by Arrianne J.Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat 955 uploaded by Nichaela Y.

BY REVLON

Quick Dry Base Coat bonds to nail surface to create a lasting base for nail enamel and extended manicure wear . Super-fast drying formula. Helps prevent nails from yellowing, peeling and splitting. Helps lock in natural moisture and forms a hard, flexible, shatterproof shield. DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde Free. . see more...

• I've never used a nail polish base coat. Does this product extend...1 Answers
  • Is this base coat a good option for strengthening weak nails?1 Answers
Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat 955
  • "this is my first base coat ever it does dry quick but it tends to bubble and or make weird dry lines not the best way to make my nail polish smooth i do continue to use it but its not the best" in 5 reviews
  • "While not as quick-drying as some base coats, it dries reasonably quickly -- within a minute at the most." in 5 reviews
  • "Makes my nail polishes last longer for sure and it dries so quickly which is fantastic." in 3 reviews
  • "It protects your nails and the quick dry formula makes the process extremely easy !" in 2 reviews
  • "It definitely holds the polish onto the nail for a long time without staining if i'm using a dark colour" in 1 review
Vicki T.
Lincolnton
This is my go to nail base coat! I use this every time I do my nails at home, natural or acrylic. It provides a smooth surface to start my nail look on. I love that I dries quickly so I am able to move to the following step quickly. I always keep a backup of this product in my nail supply case!
Luiisa v.
tomball
i have oily skin and this makes my nail polish last the most i have try so many different nail polish bases but noting has work as good as this one i also use the top coat and it makes them last almost too weeks i love Revlon formula its one of the best in my opinion.
Marlena S.
I've experimented with several base coats and this one is pretty good. It not only dries fast but it creates the perfect silky matte canvas for your color polish. It goes on evenly and has a color-correcting, ivory tint to it. The only downside is the scent. It's very strong to the point of being nauseating. I definitely recommend wearing a breathable cone mask while applying this base coat.
Nichaela Y.
After trying and failing with other brands, this one really takes the cake. It dries quickly, and depending on the brand of polish i use over it, I've had a manicure done at home last a whole week. That never happens, until now.
Jordan W.
Austin, TX
I have searched to the ends of the earth for an at home nail polish system that holds up to my hard working hands. I've met my match with the Revlon Base Coat. I apply two layers, then two layers of color, then two layers of Revlon Top Coat and voila! When I look at my nails 7 days later they're still all pretty and perfectly painted. Sometimes even longer. YASSS
Anne P.
Olympia, WA
This definitely dries very quickly but I don't think it works quite as well as the OPI base coat. I used this for a long time and went through a few bottles of it but noticed that my manicures weren't lasting as long as I would have liked. If you're looking for a really affordable base coat that dries quickly I would recommend this, but for a few extra dollars I would probably get the OPI base coat.
Arrianne J.
Atlanta, GA
A pretty decent base coat. Applies quite easily and dries pretty quickly. My only qualm about it would be that once you've had it a little while it gets a little stringy.
AnnieJo T.
Stephenville, TX
I love this stuff. I was looking for a base coat when I bought this. I wasn't crazy about the milky color so I almost didn't buy it. I am a busy, working mom. After using this the first time, with a cheap polish and Revlon top coat, my nails lasted a week. They lasted thru doing dishes daily, bath time with my little ones, cleaning the house with chemicals, and typing daily at my job. I was in AHH. I have used it twice now and both time the color lasts. I don't have to baby my nails/manicure. I have seen other people say it causes bubbles, I did have that but I put a little too much color on my nail and then bumped it before it was completely dry. The dent in my nail smoothed over without me having to repaint it but there are tiny bubbles on my nail. This polish is a little hard to get off. But common sense will tell you if it holds on to polish thru dishes and such that it is on your nail really well.
Tiffany H.
Cleveland, TN
This is the only base coat I have ever used. I'm currently out of it so I will be purchasing some more soon. Since it is the only one I have experience with, I can't compare it to anyone else. It goes on fine and dries pretty quickly. It provides a smooth base for my nail polish to go onto.
Shayla S.
Boston, MA
This was good at the beginning, but I have found that over time it has become more sticky and thick than before. It does dry quickly, but it doesn't leave a smooth layer for the color to go on top of. I would skip this one and look for a better quality one in the future.
Allison B.
Is this base coat a good option for strengthening weak nails?
Becka B.
Gilbert, AZ
I've never used a nail polish base coat. Does this product extend the time of your manicure by helping to reduce chipping polish; or does it simply protect and strengthen your nails?