BY REVLON

Natural-looking, salon-quality highlights, made easy. see more...

• Can you use this over dyed hair? (for instance, virgin black hair l...1 Answers
  • Would this work well with someone who has thick dark brown hair? Or...2 Answers
  • I used it for ombré. It works great- I just would not recommend mul...1 Answers
Revlon Frost & Glow - Honey Highlights for Medium to Dark Brown Hair
  • "Might need to use a wella toner afterwards, and make sure you deep condition." in 1 review
  • "I would recommend this even if you didn't go to the salon! " in 1 review
  • "Easy to use, way cheaper than going to the salon and looks & works great for such a great price!" in 1 review
  • "Use this every three months and get compliments on my hair all the time." in 1 review
  • "It blended naturally and looked natural with my medium-dark brown hair." in 1 review
Madison C.
Madison C.
I purchased this after seeing a YouTube video about how Jessie James Decker "honey dips" her hair, so that's the way I used it, without the cap. I've used this to dye my hair two or three times now and am always pleased with the results. It is damaging but it's bleach so that is to be expected. I've never had an issue with brassiness, but that probably depends on the color you start with. Overall for a medium blonde who wants highlights or lighter ends I would definitely recommend giving this a try as a cost effective alternative to the salon.
Johanna S.
Johanna S.
Fredericksbrg, VA
I love the ease of use for a first time hair dyer like myself! However I'm off to buy some purple shampoo before going in public because it did leave a strong orange tone on my natural dark brown hair. I didn't use the cap, just freehand applied where I wanted. I have very long thick hair and used every bit of product just to do ombre with highlights. I highly recommend having a plan to tone or use some purple shampoo like Clairol shimmering lights! Not bad for eight bucks. :) ( I did upload a picture before using purple shampoo to tone. )
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Waukegan, IL
I had a bayalage professionally done. I loved the results, but it was pretty pricey. When I needed a retouch, I couldn't afford it. Therefore, I went to the store and picked this up. Loved it! No one could tell I had done it myself let alone for $7.
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Wayne , MI
My favorite hair dye! The honey dye makes your hair have a honey glow and not a blonde blonde glow! It's belautiful I do it myself and get so many compliments!! I love this hair dye I will never switch it's 12 dollars max! 8 dollars at Walmart!
anna b.
anna b.
My hair is very dark and this worked very well. I didn't use the cap but brushed it on freehand instead. it lightened my hair one shade lighter. would take multiple applications, but I liked this and will use it again.
Erin D.
Erin D.
Yes yes yes! If you want save money on do it yourself highlighting this is the fool proof way to go. I am not the best at technique so this is a must for me. The color comes out great every time. It's so shiny!
Susan C.
Susan C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would recommend this because it's easy to use, only takes about an hour. It blended naturally and looked natural with my hair color.
Valerie W.
Valerie W.
Greenwood, SC
This kit is so easy to use! It creates the perfect honey color highlights. Way cheaper than salon treatments with the same results.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Longview , WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I was a poor college student, I couldn't afford to have my hair done in a salon, so I opted for this $7ish boxed kit. Holy hair dye, I was hooked after the first use, and to this day, 8 years later, I still apply this twice a year. I have had countless people ask me where I get my hair done, and you can only imagine the stares I get when I say, "my bathroom counter"! It is nice to have an extra set of hands to help get the back of your head, but this is the most convenient highlighting kit I've ever used! I have medium brown hair, so I love the coloring of the "honey" style. Do it. You won't regret it.
Tara B.
Tara B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hands down the ONLY kit I will use!!! It is so easy to use. I had medium brown hair when I first used it & was in a rush (dumb idea I know!) and didn't let it lift (for newbies that means lighten enough) this kit does NOT lift quickly esp if you have really dark hair I am sure. So make sure you have the time to take your time. Honestly, the cap part isn't fun but you do get absolutely perfect results. Just leave the bleach on the right amount of time. And YES do a strand test...even if you're like me thinking "oh I got this I do this all the time." If it's a new product to you just take the time to do one. For some people you may need it on 20 minutes for others 45. It's finding that balance between not too long & frying your hair & just long enough so you're not left with orangey tinted highlights. Best product ever though. Have used this twice since taking a 2.5 year hiatus from coloring my hair at all & now thinking about trying the blonde version. I'll post pics for sure if I do!
Samantha D.
Samantha D.
HALIFAX, NS
Would this work well with someone who has thick dark brown hair? Or should I just book a trip to the salon?
Sumaya A.
Sumaya A.
Gulfport, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can you use this over dyed hair? (for instance, virgin black hair lifted to a medium brown)?
Vanessa L.
Vanessa L.
Dallas, TX
I used it for ombré. It works great- I just would not recommend multiple applications to avoid possible damage.
Brooke N.
Brooke N.
I was looking to highlight my hair but I never used box dye before, only dye from Sally's. I wanted to get an ombre or balayage look, do you think that could be achieved with this? Any recommendations? Or should I just try to get it professionally done?