BY REVLON #1 in Hair Highlights

Natural-looking, salon-quality highlights, made easy. see more...

• Can you use this over dyed hair? (for instance, virgin black hair...1 Answers
  • Would this work well with someone who has thick dark brown hair? ...2 Answers
  • I used it for ombré. It works great- I just would not recommend m...1 Answers
Revlon Frost & Glow - Honey Highlights for Medium to Dark Brown Hair
  • "Might need to use a wella toner afterwards, and make sure you deep condition." in 1 review
  • "I would recommend this even if you didn't go to the salon! " in 1 review
  • "Easy to use, way cheaper than going to the salon and looks & works great for such a great price!" in 1 review
  • "Use this every three months and get compliments on my hair all the time." in 1 review
  • "It blended naturally and looked natural with my medium-dark brown hair." in 1 review
Stephanie M.
This came with a cap so you can create the highlights as shown on the packaging. I used it the first time and it was difficult to do on myself. I didn’t get the color I wanted, but that was my fault because I didn’t wait long enough for the dye to develop on my hair.
Wilma M.
Easy to follow instructions, has everything you need.. easy to use ypu may need some help. takes a while but worth it... came out great and didnt bleed on to the rest of my hair. It worls better then some others. I was satisfied with this product.
Britiney B.
Evarts, KY
Works great for at home highlights. The cap makes it easy to apply and give you that all over highlighted look. I use this anytime I want to change it up and add some blonde to my hair.
Alexandria H.
Salem, OR
I’m obsessed with this product! I’ve used it for literally 15+ years and my hair always turns out great! I use this one or the blonder one and i absolutely love it great results and so easy to use. Recommend to anyone wanting a little extra blonde with out the outrageous expense.
Michele S.
I didn't care for it much because when I frost my hair I like it very light and it do that for me no it didnt.i don't think I would buy this product again.it not hard to use.
Tara B.
Hands down the ONLY kit I will use!!! It is so easy to use. I had medium brown hair when I first used it & was in a rush (dumb idea I know!) and didn't let it lift (for newbies that means lighten enough) this kit does NOT lift quickly esp if you have really dark hair I am sure. So make sure you have the time to take your time. Honestly, the cap part isn't fun but you do get absolutely perfect results. Just leave the bleach on the right amount of time. And YES do a strand test...even if you're like me thinking "oh I got this I do this all the time." If it's a new product to you just take the time to do one. For some people you may need it on 20 minutes for others 45. It's finding that balance between not too long & frying your hair & just long enough so you're not left with orangey tinted highlights. Best product ever though. Have used this twice since taking a 2.5 year hiatus from coloring my hair at all & now thinking about trying the blonde version. I'll post pics for sure if I do!
Cheryl S.
Saint George
This was fairly easy to use but you have to work fast and be careful to take only small sections at a time. It provides excellent lift but can leave hair dry and frizzy
Shannon H.
Salinas, CA
I have used this brand several times before, and actually used it the other day. One thing I learned was, the timing is crucial! It's important to leave it on long enough, however to be careful not to leave it on too long as you will dry your hair! Definitely test the strands as indicated and add more product to the strand if it needs to sit longer. You may experience an orangey colour if you do not leave it on long enough. I also pre-punched the holes on the cap with a metal hook before I started! Saved time and muscle strength of frustration! Lol
Tanisha H.
Manchester, CT
I just used it on my hair to do an at home baylayage! I love how the color came out on my dark brown hair and I didn't have a lot of damage or breakage other at home hair colors usually do to my hair! The color came in fast and didn't have to wait forever! It came out like a golden-ish color! Can't find a pic that you can really see this was the best one!
DeAnna S.
I loved the color of the highlights for my dark hair! The blonde wasn't yellow, I left the dye on for the given time in the instructions and it worked perfectly. The ease of at home use was wonderful. This product was just as good as going to the salon and the conditioner provided smelled amazing and left my hair very soft and moistened as if it had never been colored!!! Loved it and highly recommend to anyone!!!
Samantha D.
Would this work well with someone who has thick dark brown hair? Or should I just book a trip to the salon?
Brooke N.
I was looking to highlight my hair but I never used box dye before, only dye from Sally's. I wanted to get an ombre or balayage look, do you think that could be achieved with this? Any recommendations? Or should I just try to get it professionally done?
Vanessa L.
Dallas, TX
I used it for ombré. It works great- I just would not recommend multiple applications to avoid possible damage.
Sumaya A.
Gulfport, FL
Can you use this over dyed hair? (for instance, virgin black hair lifted to a medium brown)?