BY REVLON #25 in Liquid Foundation

• Combo/Oily Spf 15

Linda A.
Chicago
Review for: Other more...
I used normal/dry 200 nude As soon as I started wearing makeup , I began my long journey of frustrating trial I tried high end foundations as well as drug store ones, and it wasn't until I found Revlon Colorstay that my journey could finally end! They make two lines of this foundation: one for normal/dry skin and one for combination/oily skin. My skin gets oily in my t-zone and what I love about the foundation for combo/oily skin is that it helps keep my oil at bay, which keeps my makeup looking good and matte. I apply this makeup in dots around my face after primer application, then take a stipple brush, spritz some setting spray onto the brush, then stipple this foundation around my face for about 2 minutes until it is even. I apply concealer and cream contour, blend with a beauty blender, then set with a matte transparen't setting powder. This gives me a perfect and even canvas to apply the rest of my makeup. The coverage is perfect. I usually like a heavier coverage foundation because I suffer from the occasional pimple and have slight uneven skin tone especially around my eyes. The coverage is buildable and you get heavier coverage with more product. This foundation is never cakey though, and it doesn't *look* like a heavy coverage foundation on because it never settles into lines or looks thick or fake on your face. It holds up nicely too, I can put this on in the morning and have it still look good at night. I usually touch up throughout the day if necessary with a few quick swipes of a powder compact. This foundation is easy to remove, and I usually use either make up wipes, remover, or most often wash my face with a facebrush and the foundation comes off completely.
Harley G.
Windsor, ME
Pros:  The price!  At only $13, this foundation definitely isn’t breaking the bank.  Another cool thing is that it comes in Combination/Oily formula OR Normal/Dry formula, so if your skin changes with the season, you can just pick up a different formula instead of switching brands.  Each formula has TWENTY shades, so it’s not hard to find a shade that works for you.  This foundation goes on easily — it doesn’t dry quite as quickly as many long-wearing foundations, so you don’t have to be as careful in application.

Cons:  None, really!

Overall, I really liked this foundation.  Do I like it as well as the Kat Von D Lock-It?  No.  It doesn’t provide the same amount of coverage.  While many reviews list this as a full coverage foundation, I’d have to say it’s decidedly a MEDIUM.  If you are looking for a long lasting foundation that is not super heavy, that makes this a great option!  It went on nice, not at all cakey, and was easy to blend.

As far as longevity, I found it to be pretty decent.  While it won’t look fresh and flawless after 12 hours, it will get you through an 8 workday looking nice, provided you aren’t sweating outside in the heat.  If you’re wanting to carry your make-up over to evening, you will most definitely need a refresher mid-evening.
kendall l.
Libertyville , IL
Review for: Other more...
FOR ONCE in my life, i went to the drugstore and found a foundation LIGHT ENOUGH for my skin tone. it’s supposedly 24 hr wear, though i wouldn’t ever recommend wearing makeup for that long... the shade is 110 ivory, and while it is accurate for my skin tone, i’d say ‘ivory’ based on past foundation shades with that name is the wrong choice for this. this should be called porcelain at least. the formula is for normal/dry skin, and since i have that skin type, i was excited for a shade that matched and a formula just for my skin type. unfortunately it clings to dry patches i didn’t even know i had, and ultimately MAKES ME LOOK OLD. no freakin joke it makes my skin feel way more dry than it already is and i LOOK OLD. I actually look old. if i put on the teeniest amount, it actually looks kind of okay (until hours pass and it dries out my skin???) although still clingy and chalky. good job Revlon for the shade range, but this formula is NOT good for normal/dry skin in the slightest. photo shown is my maybelline fit me concealer compared to the revlon colorstay foundation. i didn’t find a single revlon concealer that would have been lighter than the foundation, and as you can see the maybelline concealer is darker than this foundation.... i’m sick of being forced to buy high end foundations so they match my skin..
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Review for: Ivory more...
If you're looking for a full coverage foundation from the drugstore, I would highly recommend picking this up.  The shade range is decent.  Ivory is a little dark for me in the winter, but works beautifully when my skin is a little more tanned in the summer.  It's more of a neutral undertone, but works for my warm/olive skin.  The packaging is some of the best in my opinion (even better than highend).  I love that it comes with a pump and is easy to use even when you get to the bottom of the bottle.   It's a thick formula, but blends out very easily.  It doesn't clog my pores or sink into fine lines.  It covers all of my acne scars and also any active acne that I have.  It also lasts all day on my oily skin.  If you haven't tried this yet, you're missing out!
Sandra D.
Review for: Nude (200), Medium Beige, Other more...
This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations and I hope that Revlon continues to make it for years to come. During high school, I tried out foundations from several drugstore brands (which I will be reviewing, you can probably see my reviews on my profile). I have had the best luck with this Revlon Colorstay foundation; the one for oily skin stays on me pretty well, and it has high coverage. I love that it does not melt off of my face like other foundations. On me, it has sort of a matte finish, and it does not transfer unless you put on a ludicrous amount. I would recommend this foundation to anyone who wants something that's affordable and that covers well. The only downside that I have seen with this foundation is that it sometimes breaks me out. I think that because of the high coverage, or something else, it might be a bit much for the pores. But I'm sure that you can find ways around that, like using a good primer or something that acts as a barrier between your skin and the makeup. I have tried this in several shades, depending on the season and how dull I think my skin looks. I tend to wear foundations that are lighter than my skin by a couple shades because I feel like if my foundation matches my skin exactly, it looks too dark and dull. So I get it in all the lighter beige colors, which vary from pink to neutral and yellow undertones. So this foundation is also good for its variety of shades.
mack r.
Review for: Combo/Oily Skin-Toffee more...
For me personally, $10 for a drugstore foundation is a bit much. However, this foundation is worth every penny. When I first started using it, my skin was broken out from the acne meds that I was on and dry. My mom recommended it to, as this is the only foundation she’s used for years. I instantly fell in love with it. It’s full coverage, but I feel that it didn’t feel cakey or like mud on my face, as some foundations do. It didn’t irritate my skin or accentuate my dry spots. I bought the oily/ combo version. It wasn’t overly drying. Plus, it came with a pump! I love it so much and switch between it and the Rimmel Perfect Match foundation, depending on what I’m going for. I definitely recommend it.
Ashley S.
Douglasville, GA
Review for: Other more...
I just got this foundation the other day and it's great! First off, I love the packaging b/c it has a pump! For the product itself, it has really nice coverage and it doesn't make me feel greasy or anything! I personally like a more dewy finish even though I'm oily, and this makes me look dewy without being oily, if that makes any sense at all. I'm only giving it 4 stars bc it oxidizes just a little bit on me, so I'll have to go back and get a lighter shade! I love the formula though, so I don't have a problem rebuying! For reference, this doesn't break me out, but the maybelline fitme and the elf foundations were :( Revlon Colorstay Makeup
Shelby P.
Dryden, MI
Review for: Sand Beige more...
This stuff is so awesome!! Probably the best foundation I have ever used in my life.  It made me realize how bad the other foundations I've used in the past were.  It's almost full coverage on me, doesn't cake, feels really nice, blends really well, is buildable, and best of all CONTROLS MY OIL!  Of course I don't stay 100% matte all day, but I can go the entire day without blotting my face with this stuff and it doesn't even seem half as oily as I have gotten in only a few hours with other foundations.  It's seriously a miracle that I thought would never be possible.

Plus, to make it even better, it has a pump!  And you can pretty much push it to get a little out, or to get a lot out.

The shade range is even awesome.  There's shades for yellow and pink undertones, and after oxidizing, the 'sand beige' shade seems to be a pretty close match, I maybe just need it a bit more yellow.

The ONLY thing I'm not 100% happy with is that it does rub off.  I wear glasses and contacts and when I wear my glasses, it comes off where they sit on my nose.  It also comes off a bit if I itch my face, and on the sides of my nose.  If  it wasn't for that I would give 5 stars.
Maya R.
Heavener, OK
Review for: Combo/Oily Skin-Almond more...
Someone recommended me this foundation because I’ve been looking for a drugstore full coverage foundation for awhile. I purchased it expecting it to be just like every other drugstore foundation; not full coverage. I was wrong. This is possibly the best one out there! I have a lot of acne scars and this covers them so well. It last for up to 8-9 hours for me without having to blot. The only thing I noticed is that it looks kind of heavy on me and emphasizes my pores even with primer on. I can usually fix it with some powder though. Other than that, it is amazing. The price, coverage, color, finish, etc! AND IT HAS A PUMP. 😍
Ashley B.
Wilkesboro, NC
Review for: Normal/Dry Skin-Natural Tan (330) more...
For the price, this foundation is perfect. It has a great natural finish. For me, I have combination skin but I also have never had a problem with breakouts. Sadly, after using this product, I broke out all over my face and had to put my love for this product to a screeching halt. Like mentioned before, for the price, it’s awesome, and I would honestly say it’s a Esteè Lauder Double Wear dupe, but it just depends on if your face can handle it!
Below is a picture of me in the foundation in shade 330!
Cassandra P.
How do you prefer to apply?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this lightweight?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
Is this foundation good for oily skin?
Christina L.
Garland, TX
Does it leave your face with a cakey look?
Nydelis O.
Ocala, FL
Who hates this foundation because i don't know anyone who dosn't