BY REVLON

• I currently have revlon photoready foundation in the colo...1 Answers
  • What's better , makeup or candy ? Revlon Colorstay Makeup4 Answers
Tabatha G.
Knoxville
I really used to love this foundation. It lasts a long time on my normal areas, but for my oily T zone I realized it did not set well and had patchiness and separation. At the time I thought it was just my skin, but over time in trying other products I realized it's just a formulation issue specifically for me.
So if you have some issues with Your foundation not lasting or looking fantastic after application, maybe what you're trying is just not for you. Try a velvet finish, or glow or matte finish.... try a different brand line. It's all about experimentation and finding what works specifically for YOUR skin.
Beat of luck!
Jessica P.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Combo/Oily Skin-Toffee more...
After staring at this in rite aid, I finally decided to risk it all and try this. I was scared it wasn't going look good on me, but after I gave it a chance it blended pretty nicely. I like how lightly it goes on, and I apply it with a brush and I feel that just 2 dots go a long way. Its perfect for the summer, I've even wore it to the sprinklers and my face got pretty wet, and the coverage is just impeccable. I used to spend $38+ on a decent foundation. However, now I think I'll stick to this. My face also gets really oily but thankfully this foundation isn't heavy and I don't feel like my pores are being clogged. I used a swipe of air spun powder and spray with some rose spray and my face feels so soft and I don't look like a grease ball. I apply this foundation at 7:45 a.m and end the day by 10.45 and my foundation is still in place. For the price its pretty amazing. (For the days I get no sleep, I apply maybelline eye concealer age rewind before this foundation and it's pretty awesome.)
Caroline S.
Eagleville
As soon as I started wearing makeup as a young teen, I began my long journey of frustrating trial and error to find a foundation that worked for my skin, looked good, and was long lasting. I tried high end foundations as well as drug store ones, and it wasn't until I found Revlon Colorstay that my journey could finally end!

They make two lines of this foundation: one for normal/dry skin and one for combination/oily skin. My skin gets oily in my t-zone and what I love about the foundation for combo/oily skin is that it helps keep my oil at bay, which keeps my makeup looking good and matte.

I apply this makeup in dots around my face after primer application, then take a stipple brush, spritz some setting spray onto the brush, then stipple this foundation around my face for about 2 minutes until it is even. I apply concealer and cream contour, blend with a beauty blender, then set with a matte transparen't setting powder. This gives me a perfect and even canvas to apply the rest of my makeup. The coverage is perfect. I usually like a heavier coverage foundation because I suffer from the occasional pimple and have slight uneven skin tone especially around my eyes. The coverage is buildable and you get heavier coverage with more product. This foundation is never cakey though, and it doesn't *look* like a heavy coverage foundation on because it never settles into lines or looks thick or fake on your face. It holds up nicely too, I can put this on in the morning and have it still look good at night. I usually touch up throughout the day if necessary with a few quick swipes of a powder compact. This foundation is easy to remove, and I usually use either make up wipes, remover, or most often wash my face with a facebrush and the foundation comes off completely. This foundation doesn't clog pores or make you break out. It doesn't have much of an odor. It's not too liquidy or too thick. It comes in enough shades I feel, and have been able to go up to darker shades as the summers go on and I get more tan. It also stays on during hot activities or even water activities. A bottle usually lasts me a good month, and it's $10 at Target (the best, most consistent price I have found). I have been using this foundation solely and consistently for about 4-5 years. I get compliments all the time about how clear and even my skin is, but it is actually this foundation giving the illusion of a perfect face, which is the entire point of makeup right? I cannot stress how amazing this foundation is, and is my absolute favorite and reliable beauty product!
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Review for: Ivory more...
If you're looking for a full coverage foundation from the drugstore, I would highly recommend picking this up.  The shade range is decent.  Ivory is a little dark for me in the winter, but works beautifully when my skin is a little more tanned in the summer.  It's more of a neutral undertone, but works for my warm/olive skin.  The packaging is some of the best in my opinion (even better than highend).  I love that it comes with a pump and is easy to use even when you get to the bottom of the bottle.   It's a thick formula, but blends out very easily.  It doesn't clog my pores or sink into fine lines.  It covers all of my acne scars and also any active acne that I have.  It also lasts all day on my oily skin.  If you haven't tried this yet, you're missing out!
Sally D.
Pulaski
Review for: Normal/Dry Skin-Porcelain more...
I like this foundation and i thought it looked good on my skin. When i looked in the mirror however it looked masky. I suppose that could’ve been poor lighting. I bought the normal/dry formula and it actually worked very well on my oilier skin. I have no doubt this is a good foundation but it’s not super on my skin.
Hali A.
Martin
Review for: Ivory more...
This was a pretty great product overall. The coverage was good but not overpowering which is great! The only thing I would say about it is that it doesn’t stay as much as it claims to. Mine would move and smudge and come off when I would barely sweat. So i don’t know if it was just me, but I liked it so-so.
Jordyn P.
Tomah, WI
Review for: Normal/Dry Skin-Porcelain more...
I like this product there but there are a few flaws. If feels quite light weight which I love but sometimes it looks as if you can see the color pigment on my skin separating. Now it doesn’t always do this so it might be the way I apply it, would love to know if anyone else has this problem.
Cortney W.
Swissvale, PA
This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE foundation. I love that it comes in a dry skin formula as well as one for oily skin. It also has a great shade range, literally the only foundation that matches my skin perfectly and it’s affordable so I can continue to repurchase
Maya R.
Heavener, OK
Review for: Combo/Oily Skin-Almond more...
Someone recommended me this foundation because I’ve been looking for a drugstore full coverage foundation for awhile. I purchased it expecting it to be just like every other drugstore foundation; not full coverage. I was wrong. This is possibly the best one out there! I have a lot of acne scars and this covers them so well. It last for up to 8-9 hours for me without having to blot. The only thing I noticed is that it looks kind of heavy on me and emphasizes my pores even with primer on. I can usually fix it with some powder though. Other than that, it is amazing. The price, coverage, color, finish, etc! AND IT HAS A PUMP. 😍
Harley G.
Rumford, ME
Pros:  The price!  At only $13, this foundation definitely isn’t breaking the bank.  Another cool thing is that it comes in Combination/Oily formula OR Normal/Dry formula, so if your skin changes with the season, you can just pick up a different formula instead of switching brands.  Each formula has TWENTY shades, so it’s not hard to find a shade that works for you.  This foundation goes on easily — it doesn’t dry quite as quickly as many long-wearing foundations, so you don’t have to be as careful in application.

Cons:  None, really!

Overall, I really liked this foundation.  Do I like it as well as the Kat Von D Lock-It?  No.  It doesn’t provide the same amount of coverage.  While many reviews list this as a full coverage foundation, I’d have to say it’s decidedly a MEDIUM.  If you are looking for a long lasting foundation that is not super heavy, that makes this a great option!  It went on nice, not at all cakey, and was easy to blend.

As far as longevity, I found it to be pretty decent.  While it won’t look fresh and flawless after 12 hours, it will get you through an 8 workday looking nice, provided you aren’t sweating outside in the heat.  If you’re wanting to carry your make-up over to evening, you will most definitely need a refresher mid-evening.
Cassandra P.
How do you prefer to apply?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this lightweight?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
Is this foundation good for oily skin?
Christina L.
Garland, TX
Does it leave your face with a cakey look?
Nydelis O.
Ocala, FL
Who hates this foundation because i don't know anyone who dosn't

Walmart