BY REVLON #27 in Liquid Foundation

• Combo/Oily Spf 15

Linda A.
Chicago
Review for: Other more...
I used normal/dry 200 nude As soon as I started wearing makeup , I began my long journey of frustrating trial I tried high end foundations as well as drug store ones, and it wasn't until I found Revlon Colorstay that my journey could finally end! They make two lines of this foundation: one for normal/dry skin and one for combination/oily skin. My skin gets oily in my t-zone and what I love about the foundation for combo/oily skin is that it helps keep my oil at bay, which keeps my makeup looking good and matte. I apply this makeup in dots around my face after primer application, then take a stipple brush, spritz some setting spray onto the brush, then stipple this foundation around my face for about 2 minutes until it is even. I apply concealer and cream contour, blend with a beauty blender, then set with a matte transparen't setting powder. This gives me a perfect and even canvas to apply the rest of my makeup. The coverage is perfect. I usually like a heavier coverage foundation because I suffer from the occasional pimple and have slight uneven skin tone especially around my eyes. The coverage is buildable and you get heavier coverage with more product. This foundation is never cakey though, and it doesn't *look* like a heavy coverage foundation on because it never settles into lines or looks thick or fake on your face. It holds up nicely too, I can put this on in the morning and have it still look good at night. I usually touch up throughout the day if necessary with a few quick swipes of a powder compact. This foundation is easy to remove, and I usually use either make up wipes, remover, or most often wash my face with a facebrush and the foundation comes off completely.
kendall l.
Libertyville , IL
Review for: Other more...
FOR ONCE in my life, i went to the drugstore and found a foundation LIGHT ENOUGH for my skin tone. it’s supposedly 24 hr wear, though i wouldn’t ever recommend wearing makeup for that long... the shade is 110 ivory, and while it is accurate for my skin tone, i’d say ‘ivory’ based on past foundation shades with that name is the wrong choice for this. this should be called porcelain at least. the formula is for normal/dry skin, and since i have that skin type, i was excited for a shade that matched and a formula just for my skin type. unfortunately it clings to dry patches i didn’t even know i had, and ultimately MAKES ME LOOK OLD. no freakin joke it makes my skin feel way more dry than it already is and i LOOK OLD. I actually look old. if i put on the teeniest amount, it actually looks kind of okay (until hours pass and it dries out my skin???) although still clingy and chalky. good job Revlon for the shade range, but this formula is NOT good for normal/dry skin in the slightest. photo shown is my maybelline fit me concealer compared to the revlon colorstay foundation. i didn’t find a single revlon concealer that would have been lighter than the foundation, and as you can see the maybelline concealer is darker than this foundation.... i’m sick of being forced to buy high end foundations so they match my skin..
Yaneth S.
OK so many people recommend this foundation so I bought it and let me tell you've be careful when you choose your shade because this foundation is so white since it has sunscreen but I didn't think it be so white. The color on the bottle could be deceiving so but a shade a bit darker then you would to see if that matches you better. Overall I like it because its dewy it doesn't dry my skin out and the coverage is a light medium.
I inserted a picture of a hand switch can you see how light the foundation is on my hand compared to my natural skin.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Ivory more...
Let me preface this review by saying I use the shade "Ivory" for Combination/Oily skin...because I have very light, oily skin.

The packaging gets an A+ from me, it has a PUMP which I love so much. You get a lot of product in the bottle, which is always nice. It's a thinner consistency liquid, and it dries very quickly on the skin, so you have to work fast to blend it out. I use a damp beauty sponge, and it gives me a nice, semi-matte finish. I'd say it's medium coverage at best, but it is buildable.

After I set with powder, this stuff really does last all day long. I don't have to touch up my t-zone until about 6-7 hours in, which is fantastic for a drugstore foundation. All in all, if you're looking for a GOOD, affordable liquid foundation, this is a great product to purchase.
Sara T.
Dumfries, VA
Review for: Combination/Oily Skin-Golden Beige more...
I've heard this foundation is amazing but I didn't try it for a long time because I wasn't sure if it would feel too heavy and cakey, as it's a long wearing foundation.  I also usually don't use drugstore foundation, as so many have caused me to breakout, but I with all the great things I heard about this one, I figured I'd give it a try.  I will say that I don't think that it lasts for 24 hours, but It does stay put pretty much all day.  It is more of a medium to full coverage foundation, so if I just need to go out and run errands I'll reach for my stick foundation instead.  All in all, I'll purchase this again when I run out rather than purchasing the more expensive prestige brand--those just don't fit in my budget anymore!
Sandra D.
Review for: Nude (200), Medium Beige, Other more...
This is one of my go-to drugstore foundations and I hope that Revlon continues to make it for years to come. During high school, I tried out foundations from several drugstore brands (which I will be reviewing, you can probably see my reviews on my profile). I have had the best luck with this Revlon Colorstay foundation; the one for oily skin stays on me pretty well, and it has high coverage. I love that it does not melt off of my face like other foundations. On me, it has sort of a matte finish, and it does not transfer unless you put on a ludicrous amount. I would recommend this foundation to anyone who wants something that's affordable and that covers well. The only downside that I have seen with this foundation is that it sometimes breaks me out. I think that because of the high coverage, or something else, it might be a bit much for the pores. But I'm sure that you can find ways around that, like using a good primer or something that acts as a barrier between your skin and the makeup. I have tried this in several shades, depending on the season and how dull I think my skin looks. I tend to wear foundations that are lighter than my skin by a couple shades because I feel like if my foundation matches my skin exactly, it looks too dark and dull. So I get it in all the lighter beige colors, which vary from pink to neutral and yellow undertones. So this foundation is also good for its variety of shades.
Lauren B.
Sanford, FL
Review for: Medium Beige more...
Revlon ColorStay is one of my favorite drugstore brands. It comes in a variety of shades and includes a pump in the bottle. I find that I don’t need very much product to create a medium build foundation. I usually mix 320 and 330 to get the perfect match for my skin. Since I live in Florida, I am darker in the summer then I am in the winter. It is easy to mix them for that in between time, and it lasts all day. It does come in a glass bottle so make sure that you pack it well, so it does not break if you travel. I will say the only drawback is that I think it tends to make my skin break out. It may be one of the foundations with a little extra oil in the formula. But overall I would recommend this foundation.
Samantha Michelle F.
Sanford, NC
All in all Revlon did a great job with this foundation. It can easily be built up to medium or full coverage. One thing I really like about this foundation is that, unlike most liquid foundations I've used in the past, Revlon Colorstay has little to no transfer from your face to other objects like clothes and cellphone screens. That is a HUGE plus for me. There's nothing worse than finishing your makeup and going to put your outfit on only to find smudges of your foundation on your shirt or dress. The only "problem" i see with this product is just my personal preference. I love very matte foundations, and the Colorstay is only semi-matte, which is not a big deal and is why I would still give this 5/5 stars.
Ashley S.
Douglasville, GA
Review for: Other more...
I just got this foundation the other day and it's great! First off, I love the packaging b/c it has a pump! For the product itself, it has really nice coverage and it doesn't make me feel greasy or anything! I personally like a more dewy finish even though I'm oily, and this makes me look dewy without being oily, if that makes any sense at all. I'm only giving it 4 stars bc it oxidizes just a little bit on me, so I'll have to go back and get a lighter shade! I love the formula though, so I don't have a problem rebuying! For reference, this doesn't break me out, but the maybelline fitme and the elf foundations were :( Revlon Colorstay Makeup
Maya-Kate R.
Heavener
Review for: Combo/Oily Skin-Almond more...
Someone recommended me this foundation because I’ve been looking for a drugstore full coverage foundation for awhile. I purchased it expecting it to be just like every other drugstore foundation; not full coverage. I was wrong. This is possibly the best one out there! I have a lot of acne scars and this covers them so well. It last for up to 8-9 hours for me without having to blot. The only thing I noticed is that it looks kind of heavy on me and emphasizes my pores even with primer on. I can usually fix it with some powder though. Other than that, it is amazing. The price, coverage, color, finish, etc! AND IT HAS A PUMP. 😍
Cassandra P.
How do you prefer to apply?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this lightweight?
Destiny w.
Virginia Bch, VA
Is this foundation good for oily skin?
Christina L.
Garland, TX
Does it leave your face with a cakey look?
Nydelis O.
Ocala, FL
Who hates this foundation because i don't know anyone who dosn't