BY REVLON #4 in Hair Color

• What's the last color from Revlon Colorsilk you used on your hair?10 Answers
  • How long does it last in your hair.5 Answers
Teresa H.
Teresa H.
I used Revlon colorsilk ultra natural blonde. The price is right and the color is even and shiny. It gives my hair a lot if body as well. I like the fact it is ammonia free. I color my hair about every six weeks. Sometimes I have to color it sooner depending on the product. We will see with this one. I'm leaving it on my hair longer to see if I get better results. Usually I go for a total time of 20 minutes this time 30 minutes. Thanks
Olivia M.
Olivia M.
Crystal River, FL
I used number 20 brown/black. Overall it worked well. My hair was a greenish blonde color before now it's a very very dark brown. I dye my hair frequently and sometimes you can physically feel you're get unhealthier after dying and that was definitely the case even after using. Also the little hairy repair conditioner did not contain enough even using both. Although it is very cheap so you get what you pay for.
Sharquita F.
Sharquita F.
Patterson, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I just used this box color in black on yesterday and I love it. This was my first time coloring my hair with this brand of hair color. It cost $2.97 at Target which is very affordable. I have really thick and long natural hair, so i needed 5 boxes!! It came with a packet of conditioner you're supposed to use after coloring, and my hair felt softer than before I colored it and the results are stunning!!
Lisa D.
Lisa D.
I have actually used this color myself when I wanted to go lighter because bleaching is super harsh on the hair and I wanted to reduce the amount of damage to my hair. I would give this a grade of fair as my hair takes awhile to really absorb this color and in the end it wasn't the exact result I wanted. I went with this also as it was not too expensive and it happens to be easier accessible.
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Jackson, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this in their blackest shade for a couple years back around 2006 and it was great for the price. Such a deep black and didn't make my hair feel like crap. I don't use permanent color anymore as I like to change my color often but I would definitely recommend this brand. It's cheap, it has a great range of shades, easy to find, and the conditioner that comes with it is nice.
Valerie E.
Valerie E.
I have mixed reviews for this boxed hair dye. I've had times where it was a terrific experience using it and I have had times where the color was hard to achieve. Sometimes it left my hair brittle but I used a good conditioner to fix it. It's a bit and miss for me but price is affordable and I do love that it doesn't smell awful like some hair dyes out there.
Echo B.
Echo B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair turned out a little more strawberry than I was hoping. But that may have been because I started out with a shade that was a little brassy. But the included conditioners made my hair feel amazing and soft! And I have had good experiences with other shades by this brand. Would probably try again if I ever wanted to go back to strawberry blonde.
Jessica L.
Jessica L.
Bronx, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love using the Revlon ColorSilk hair dyes. I naturally have medium ash blonde hair and I've tried various blonde shades (05 Ultra Light Ash Blonde, 81 Light Blonde, 74 Medium Blonde, and 61 Dark Blonde). The color seems to stay very well for a boxed dye. I love the nourishing after-color conditioner step because it makes my hair feel so soft.
Mara W.
Mara W.
Blacklick, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
A really nice bright yet natural looking red for a great price. I can find these at krogers for $3 tops and they work really well for the price. I have long wavy/straight hair which is very very thin and soft but one and a half bottles covers everything. The after color conditioner smells great and the dye itself does not have a smell really.
Madeline C.
Madeline C.
Pasadena, CA
First time using an at-home hair dye and have to say I'm pretty impressed with the results! Not only was the price affordable (around $3) the instructions were easy to follow and it all took under an hour. While the color I used, 43- Medium Golden Brown turned out a tad more auburn than I would have liked, I'll definitely use it again.
Rachel N.
Rachel N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you have never colored your hair before is that a good starter product?
Bear H.
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
What's the last color from Revlon Colorsilk you used on your hair?
Erika J.
Erika J.
Bronx, NY
Those this brand even works ?
Emma T.
Emma T.
Richmond, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did this make anyone else's scalp burn/itch?
Laura m.
Laura m.
I have dark brown hair, would it dye blonde?