BY REVLON #4 in Hair Color

• How long does it last in your hair.4 Answers
Barbara S.
Barbara S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used Revlon ColorSilk multiple times to dye my hair. I have a naturally dark brown hair and I used to pick the medium or dark blonde tones to dye my hair, which it would lighten my hair. Overall, I was satisfied with the results. However I ended up switching to L'oreal Excellence hair dye. The gloves that come with Revlon's hair dye are the cheapest looking gloves you will ever find but you are getting what you've paid for. Revlon Colorsilk is the cheapest hair dye I've seen. Ever!
The conditioner that comes with it is great though. I really like it. It smells amazing and it really makes me feel like my hair is smoothr and shinier after use.
Just recently (2 months ago) I ended up switching my hair dye to Ion Color since they don't test on animals. L'oreal does test on animals so that's a down fault for me.
I've been loving the Ion color and I buy mine at Sally's Beauty Supply.
Shea B.
Shea B.
Irvine, CA
I have never felt so strongly about a product before. This hair dye is amazing. Don't be fooled by the inexpensive price, this is an awesome hair dye. I have been going back and fourth from expensive salons to at home salon dyes and to box dyes for years. I have dark brown hair with white/grey roots (about 50% grey) and this product has the best coverage. It goes on great, doesn't smell toxic, has perfect color and the conditioner leaves your hair super smooth. I now use it all the time and re-color every 6 weeks or so. I suppose you could also use it in between salon visits if you still prefer salon dyes. This is a must try! If you are skeptical, it's only $2.99- you can't really beat that!
Sophia L.
Sophia L.
Raymondville, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am all about buying items that are excellent quality (which I sometimes tend to think it equates to having to pay a ton of money), and I will pay the extra price for a better product. But this color silk haircolor I think is right on par with the other hair colors on the shelf. I've tried five different kinds (can't remember them all, but the one in the green box, nice and easy, L'Oreal, etc), but I have been using this one for two years now. And on a good shopping buy, I can get two for $5. It definitely holds its color for at least 6-8 weeks (for me), and I do have a lot of gray, so I do have to touch up every 3 to 4 weeks but only the roots. Highly highly highly recommend!
Jacks F.
Jacks F.
Moreno Valley, CA
I have been coloring my hair for over 5 years, and Revlon Colorsilk is absolutely the best. It delivers beautiful, consistent results, and leaves hair in great condition. It covers gray completely and is true to color. My hair was neglected due to health issues after surgery. I just colored with Colorsilk #55 (Light Reddish Brown), and my hair looks and feels amazing. It is easy to use, and so inexpensive. I have tried them all, but cannot find anything better than Colorsilk. They also have a very wide selection of shades... something for everybody..I highly recommend Colorsilk. .
Leslie B.
Leslie B.
Claremont, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used Revlon ColorSilk hair color for several years now, my mom actually used this same hair color for years too. What impressed me the most is the grey coverage and the awesome conditioner that comes with the Revlon ColorSilk product. My hair is quick to show grey, especially at the temple area and the front/bangs, this hair color covers well and stays in for many shampoos. You can't beat the price! My hair is a dark golden brown, the color is easy to match with Revlon ColorSilk. I leaves my hair super soft and easy to comb thru. I highly recommend this product.
Erika L.
Erika L.
Morgantown, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the only hair color I use. After trying about five different brands, I haven't strayed from this one in many many months! I buy it at WalMart, and at $3, you can't beat the price! I have pretty thick and kind of long hair and I get away with only using one box, but will probably get two next time. I use color care shampoo and conditioner to maintain the color, and re-color it about once a month to once every six weeks. For the price, I've been pretty impressed, and there is no ammonia smell which is a major plus as well!!
April Y.
April Y.
Beauty Junkie Expert
For it's price retailing at $3, It's worth a shot. The colors are not as vibrant and I tend to need to use 2 boxes for my whole hair. The dye does come out to what it says it is. I find that the darker colors doesn't fade as quick as the lighter colors. When I dyed my hair black with this, my hair was black within a whole 6 months without any brown seeping through. When I dyed it light, I realized it fade real quick. The color doesn't last as long and will start to fade within 2 weeks, but you get what you pay for.
Caroline  A.
Caroline A.
Ephrata, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This at least for me is no fail red. I have tried love the more expensive brands, I have had my hair colored professionally, but I always come back to this color and brand. Follow the instructions, use multiple boxes for the appropriate level of saturation and it comes out exactly the same everytime. Red is going to fade but this fades out in a flattering way. If you want to try red, don't overlook this because of its low price point - I always come back to it.
Cam S.
Cam S.
So I've used several blonde colors from revlon and this the best color by far. I bleach my roots before applying the blonde color. I had previously used the dark ash blonde and medium ash blonde, both of which came out grey on my prelightened hair. And then it faded a bit and I would have a decent color for a few weeks. But with the medium blonde I did not have to wait for it to fade. The color came out lovely, it's a neutral color, which is what I like.
Trish R.
Trish R.
Joshua , TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
What an excellent product and color!! Don't let the super cheap price keep you from getting this because you'd be missing out. It's a super easy process that doesn't have anything fancy to it. Just simple instructions, easy process and 25 minutes later, you're done!! Btw, this color (Dark Mahogany Brown) is OUTSTANDING!! It provides a beautiful deep mahogany shade to dark brown hair.. This is by far my favorite shade and hair color product now.
Rachel N.
Rachel N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you have never colored your hair before is that a good starter product?
Bear H.
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
What's the last color from Revlon Colorsilk you used on your hair?
Erika J.
Erika J.
Bronx, NY
Those this brand even works ?
Emma T.
Emma T.
Richmond, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did this make anyone else's scalp burn/itch?
Laura m.
Laura m.
I have dark brown hair, would it dye blonde?