BeautyHairHair ColorRevlon
Color Effects Frost & Glow Highlights

Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights

Foolproof highlights for sun-kissed perfection

Does anyone know the difference between the honey and the blonde colors? I have black hair and am wondering which will work best, I’m hoping to avoid orange tones.
Is it easy to do yourself?
Does it make your hair blonde the first time on dark hair or is double use needed?
Start your review of Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights!
Claudia L.
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Claudia L.
Provide color to my gray hair, Maintains color and shine for a long time, doesn’t try it out my hair because it has a conditioner that makes my hair soft and protects it from dryness.
Janah A.
Atlanta, GA
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Janah A.
It was easy to mix and apply as I’m not professional and I wanted to save some money and get a lovely color and shiny hair it was Amazing the color was wow my hair was glowing 🥰
Larissa E.
Silver City, NM
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Larissa E.
I'm looking forward to trying Clairol's blond it up. I love that there is no bleach in this product, yet you are able to lighten up to five shades. This will be a great spring look. Getting the blond without the damage or brassiness sounds wonderful!
Summer D.
Huntsville, TX
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Summer D.
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Summer D.
I used this to get my hair from a natural dark brown to a honey blonde. For one application it took about 3 boxes because my hair is thick, but it was worth it. It didn’t damage my hair as much as regular bleach did. I also use it when I touch up my roots rather than regular bleach because I don’t want my roots to be too light. Highly recommend!
Marisa S.
Springfield, OR
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Marisa S.
I’ve been trying to figure out a way to write this review without sounding like a jerk, but this was not great. I’m hoping that maybe this was just a defective product because I’ve used Revlon hair color and cosmetics for 30+ years and have never used something from them that was this ineffective. I actually had to spend $$$ to correct the results.
Myra H.
Carlisle, PA
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Myra H.
I had no intention of dyeing my hair before I received this product but it had me convinced that I needed it! And I am so so glad it did because I love my new hair! I love the shade that it gives my brown hair. Obsessed.
Devon G.
Edina
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Devon G.
It has been a long time since I had done a cap highlight on myself but I was open to switching up my hair color and trying out Revlon’s Color Effects Frost & Glow. I used the smaller hook end of the tool because I wanted a subtle highlight. It took a few tries before I got the method down for pulling the hair through the cap. I think it is really important to keep the tool flat to your head with the hook pointed up, to get the best results without pulling at your hair. Because I didn’t want a dramatic change, I planned to only pulled hair through the circled holes and only in the front and crown portions of the cap. I found it much too difficult to pull hair from any farther back on my head, so there was no chance I was going to be able to accomplish an all-over highlight, even if I wanted to. I would recommend having someone help you pull hair through the cap if you are going for a full head of highlights and definitely if you are new to cap highlights. The mixing and coloring process was super easy. The mixture did not smell harsh which was definitely appreciated. I would prefer a better fitting pair of gloves to wear. As you apply the mixture and make sure each strand is saturated, the gloves start to slide off and get in the way. I intended to check my hair after 10 minutes but my timer never went off, so it was 15 minutes before I checked. When I checked it, I panicked because it looked very blonde and brassy compared to my chocolate cherry brown hair color. After rinsing it off and shampooing and conditioning with the included toning shampoo and conditioner, I felt a little bit better about the color. It still looked very light (mostly in front) when I started to dry my hair with my Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer. After styling, other than looking a little more 2000’s chunky highlight at the front of my face than I would have liked, I am very happy with the look! I was actually pleasantly surprised that the color chart on the box was accurate! It would be nice to get a bigger packet of the toning conditioner and shampoo. I have shoulder-length fine hair and used the whole packet. Even putting two of each packet would be beneficial especially to those with long or thick hair. I could possibly see myself using this kit in the future, though I would probably force my husband to help pull hair through the cap. From hook to styling, the whole process took me about 3 1/2 hours. It gets a little chaotic trying to hold a mirror and angle yourself just right to reach all of the holes on the cap. If you’re looking to save yourself a hundred (or more) dollars and you have the time and patience, I would definitely recommend this Revlon Color Effects kit!
Margaretha M.
Temple, TX
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Margaretha M.
It comes with the strand hook that helps you to pull out you hair. The processing time really short (30 minutes). I like when it comes out with my hair (dark brown). My hair looks healthy because its glow
Sarah R.
Land O Lakes, FL
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Sarah R.
I haven’t done highlights at home before so this was my first time trying it out. I loved the branding and colors of all the supplies, it made it all feel very professional. I didn’t love the highlight cap, however. Using the hook kind of hurt and since I have fine thin hair it would tangle and make a knot that I had to brush out each time. I’m happy with the end result and the honey color though, it works nicely with my medium brown hair. All in all I do like this product although I think the cap needs some tweaking.
Christine  G.
Chase City, VA
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Christine  G.
Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights uploaded by Christine  G.
Love love love this highlight. The color is so pretty. It definitely goes good with dark hair. I will be purchasing this product again plus it saves a ton from the hair salon.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Emily L.
Bessemer City, NC
il y a un an
Emily L. il y a un an
I think my biggest concern is making sure I get the back of my head
Emily L.
Bessemer City, NC
il y a un an
So I got my first #voxbox today with Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow™ Highlights. My question is since my hair is dark is it ok to put it on my hair as is or should I bleach it first ?
Liliana O. il y a un an
With ceal hair. Brings a hat to the kit an then she washed her products the kit. But what ist better does not harm the hair.