Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow®

Natural-looking Highlighting Kit That Moisturizes And Protects.

• Frost & Glow Blonde Ideal For Blonde To Light-brown Hair
  • Frost & Glow Honey Ideal For Medium To Dark-brown Hair
  • Revlon Create-a-look Hook™ Provides You With The Ability To Create A Range Of Customized Looks From Subtle To Dramatic.
  • The Unique Formula With Keratin Moisture Complex Penetrates To Nourish, Protect And Moisturize, Giving You Silky, Healthy-looking Hair From The Inside Out.
  • This Product Can Be Used On Natural, Color-treated Or Permed Hair
  • Ammonia Free. Easy To Use.

Has anyone used a little and then left the rest for another time? Obviously, only mixing what you plan to use, but does the rest that is unmixed go bad when opened? If not, how long can you leave the opened containers for?
I already have a full head of highlights but they’re 3 months old. Would this at home highlighting work well to try it at home with foil? Thanks!
How many shades does it lighten your hair?
Start your review of Revlon Color Effects Frost & Glow®!
How would you rate this product?
Dallas, TX
Purchased at: Walgreens
It’s fool proof!! As soon as the weather warms up I get the urge to go lighter and this gives me that option without spending hundreds at a salon. No - the color won’t be perfect especially if your hair is dark, you’ll probably need a good purple toner, but it’s not too harsh and lightens the hair so quickly. Pretty much foolproof! Quick tip: throw out the cap - use it as an ombré instead. Part hair into sections, tease the hair at the roots and apply saturating the ends and using less as you go up the hair. Go up higher in the front and leave a little more root in the back. Voilaaaa
I use this between salon visits for a super, inexpensive, easy-peasy DIY Balayage. I toss out the ridiculous 80's highlighting cap and just paint the highlights in to achieve a nice balayage. With a fine tooth comb you can even weave-in fine babylights or lowlights, however you desire. Just be sure to follow the directions, add in Olaplex no. 1 (or a good dupe like ION Step 1 Booster) and check the level of color lifting every 5 minutes. DO NOT over-process! Follow up with Olaplex no. 3 and then a good deep-conditioning mask and then any toner of choice if needed and you should be good to go.
Leland, MS
I use to highlight my hair all of the time from this box! My mom use to do it for me.. it is so simple and self explanatory; my hair looked so good and it looked like a professional done it! Plus it was only $10 max.. you cannot beat that! Most professionals charge 100-125 for highlighting. I have been doing this since about the age of 13.. I am now almost 21! This product is great on the hair and does not damage it. Plus the color turned out amazing.
Fair oaks, CA
When I highlight at home this is the only product I will use. It is straightforward bleach. Mixing directions are easy to follow. You will need help to pull your hair through the cap. But it comes with everything you need including a single use conditioner and container to mix your bleach in. It smells bad, but hey it's hair bleach. Works well and will likely use again.
Boone , NC
I have dark brown hair, so I was a bit skeptical at first about how it would turn out. Fortunately the dye worked amazingly and looked great for several months. The downside was that the dye ultimately fried my hair and took out most of the moisture. I ended up having to get an Olaplex treatment in order to restore my hair's health and moisture.
Lackawanna, NY
I found this super difficult to work with. The cap was uncomfortable and I got very sweaty. It was really hard to pull the hair through and I ended up damaging my hair. I think if I had more experience or someone to help me it would have been better. The color was beautiful though and even though I had a hard time it still came out nice.
Lithopolis, OH
It is a good highlighting kit to get subtle highlights and do it yourself at home. I tried ot for the 1st time a couple weeks ago and it seems to be pretty good and gives a good highlight color. It comes with a cap and you take a long time pulling strands through but you have to be careful because sometimes hair gets stuck to other hair and tangles up and then suddenly you have a huge piece that is way too big to do. Once you get the hang of it and learn how to do it then it works pretty well. I recommend using this kit with shoulder length hair for the 1st time as the longer it is the more it tangles up pulling strands through but if you are used to doing it then you can go with longer hair. It really does give pretty results if you do it right and saves ya money if you use this rather than going to a professional. I did my daughter's haor amd she loves how ot turned out!
Tennessee, TN
My mom help me apply it when I was dying to get highlights. The results turned out pretty! However I did have to apply a toner to remove some of the brassiness. I kept the highlights in for about a year and then I dyed my hair back to my natural color (black).
Cincinnati, OH
My go-to hair highlighting kit. It’s super cheap and does really work. With the toner, my hair doesn’t look brassy at all. I know professional hair stylists advise against highlighting/dying your hair at home but this has worked well to my satisfaction.
Las Vegas , NV
I have use this in the summertime to shrink my hair work very well with one application of course my hair is short so it worked fine and I do have fun make sure you condition your hair afterwards it does have bleach in it very good product recommended highly
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Norwalk, CT
il y a 2 ans
YMB R. • il y a un an
Not sure about black but My natural hair color is Very dark brown and works well for me. Instructions are provided for a test strip - they recommend you cut a small strip of hair and test. I always collect fallout hair from my brushes a few days before I plan to use the product, tape it to a paper and use that to test.
Norwalk, CT
il y a 2 ans
Alexus O. • il y a 4 mois
It has strong smell. It all depends on if your hair has be previously died or not. I would get two boxes to be safe.