Influenster app

Discover more on Influenster with our app!

Install

influenster

3.84

reviews
q&a
discover
Pop Culture

Product description

1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.

Product Grade

Product Grade

This is the average grade among Influensters who have reviewed this product.

Influenster Ranking

Grade this Product

0 characters used

Sort By

Showing 1-5 of 56 Reviews

There's better options out there than Plated, especially if they don't deliver to your area! I really needed to find a more convenient way to get back to loving to cook in my kitchen… I ended up finding another service, HomeChef, which originally started over in Belgium but is now available across Europe as well as the United States, Australia, and other countries. I have tried a number of different "dinner subscription boxes" and this one TOPPED MY LIST! Much better ingredients, creative and easy recipes, and really good customer service... I started looking for a way to try this service pretty cheap, because I already pay too much for groceries, and I found a great deal for HomeChef! I got $30 Off and Free Shipping on my First Order by using this offer link: homechef. com/%69%6E%76%69%74%65/kQWAUbAMrJo That made my first order only $29, perfect to give it a try! In my first order I got the Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken and it was SO good! The other meals included a Mushroom and Swiss Beef Burger and Sous-Vide Baby Back Ribs. They were all very easy to make in MY OWN kitchen and my whole family loved how they tasted! I now get it every week because it is SO convenient, tastes AMAZING, and I get to try cooking new things that I would have never made before… I just thought I'd post it if anyone else is looking for a deal to give it a try.

Terrible customer service. Took days to respond to an order they mixed up, and never fixed the problem even when they said they would. And the food was okay, definitely did not live up to the hype, especially for how expensive it was.

I got my first box today. I'm impressed with the quality of ingredients. However, I got this box using their 4 free meals promotion, so I paid only $24 for 6 meals (3 meals for 2 people). If I paid full price for the service, it would have been $72. For me, the cost is prohibitive. I can easily buy these ingredients for less than $72 at my local grocery. The convenience of having everything delivered to your door is great, but there's still a tremendous amount of prep and cook time involved, so for the price I don't think it's worth the expense. Definitely a nice box though and would be great for a gift or if you absolutely don't know how to cook!

I got my first box last week. It was missing ground pork for one of the meals. I emailed the company and then a few hours later called them and got a real person who made things right. I had a pork roast that I ground part up & used and as a substitute. It wasn't the best meat for the meal, but it was good enough. The other meal was excellent. My husband and I enjoyed both meals and had plenty of leftovers. Both were meals I wouldn't have ever made had it not been thru a service like this. It had ingredients I couldn't get locally. Additionally, I get to pick the meals I want our can skip weeks. It's the perfect service for me. I also looked at 3 others like this. One you got what they sent no choices. Another the biggest complaint was you couldn't get in touch with someone if there was a problem. I sent an email with 3 questions. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for an answer. The other was extremely pricey. We're very happy with Plated.

The actual food quality and recipes are wonderful. VERY creative and have a great variety of ingredients. I see a lot of reviews on is it "worth it." Well... is your meal at AppleBee's "wroth it?" It depends on what you value. It depends on your definition of worth it. Check your bank account. If you're spending hundreds on restaurants and want to REPLACE that with PLATED, it's totally worth it. If you want to easily learn how to cook and experiment with ingredients without the risk of wasting them, it's WORTH IT. If you just think it's a cool thing to try sometimes it probably is not worth it. I'm giving it 4 starts because of the fact that my minimum order is 4 plates, making an order a minimum of $48 plus shipping. Personally, I would like the flexibility of doing 1 meal per week with 2 servings, building the total to $24 and shipping.

Questions & Answers

Ask a question

0 characters used

Sort By

Showing 1-3 of 12 Questions & Answers

Q

Is this similar to Blue apron? Which one do you recommend?

A

I've seen Blue Apron rated slightly better as an overall experience due to price/value. But it doesn't have the same meal flexibility.

Q

The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?

A

Yes, I bought a box but used the 4 free meals promo, so I received 6 meals for $24. At that price, absolutely worth it! However, the normal cost is like $72 for a box of 6 meals and for that price it's NOT worth it. The options are very basic, and can be purchased at a much lower cost from a local grocery store. The premium meals that Plated features cost extra. For example, scallops cost $30/plate - so for a "meal" for 2, you'd spend $60. I could easily go out to eat with my husband for that cost (after all, Plated doesn't include wine so, really, it's not a deal). If you're paying full price I don't think it's "worth it".

Q

This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.

A

It's a good idea but not worth it. I would rather find a recipe and get the ingredients at Walmart then buy another box. I don't feel like it's worth the price at all.