Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml

by The Ordinary

This water-free solution contains 0.5% pure retinol, an ingredient that can reduce the appearances of fine lines, of photo damage and of general skin ageing.

Is this good for all skin types?
Has anyone seen any noticeable improvements using this?
I’m looking for a retinol to add to my night time skin care routine. Any suggestions ?
Start your review of Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml!
How would you rate this product?
Jena L.
Syracuse, NY
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Jena L.
Purchased at: Sephora
To be honest I haven't noticed much of an effect from the retinol after using this for months. So that in mind I'm thinking of just buying the squalane by itself. Its such a luxurious feel on my dry skin. It caused me no extra irritation to my already sensitive, irritated, eczema prone skin. So I definitely think this is the best choice for anyone else like me who wants a retinol but is typically met with irritation from other products. My only issue with this is that it does pill pretty bad of you use it with literally anything else which is a not annoying but I guess it doesn't matter since retinol is to be used at night.
Kort-nee J.
Oklahoma City, OK
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Kort-nee J.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is my second time using a retinol product (and my first from The Ordinary), but I’d have to say it’s probably my favorite now. Just a couple of drops is more than enough to evenly cover my face. I usually do one drop on each cheek and one on my forehead, then smooth it over my skin. My face always looks super hydrated and glowing the next day. I usually use this two to three times a week. I’ve never experienced any irritation from it, even when I first started using it. The only downside for me is the carrier oil in it. They use jojoba oil and it takes awhile to dry down where I can apply my moisturizer over it. I’ve tried when it’s wet and it just becomes a grumpy mess and slides off my skin. This on its own isn’t necessarily bad, but my floofy cat seems to like the smell and always wants to rub against my face after applying it, which results in me feeling like I have a face full of fur.
Evelia P.
Lindsay, CA
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Evelia P.
Purchased at: ULTA
I recently (about a week ago) purchased this to add to my anti aging routine. The price is affordable as compared to other brands. It’s great for someone who’s starting the retinol. I have dry skin so this works perfectly for me. Lot of people are complaining that it’s very greasy. It’s oily because of squalene and therefore very spreadable so you don’t need much product. Just 2/3 drops should be enough for face and neck. After cleansing and toning, I apply this. Wait for few minutes for skin to absorb this and apply moisturizer or sleeping mask. My skin feels hydrated, soft and supple in the morning but I noticed few acne around my cheeks so not sure if they’re due this product or not but I will keep an eye on it n continue using this as I do find that it’s helping with pigmentation. My face is also slightly itchy but that is normal with Retinol. Be sure to apply moisturizer and good sunscreen following morning even if u r working from home.[product:retinol-05%-in-squalane-30ml]
CARA P.
Bunker Hill, WV
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by CARA P.
Purchased at: Amazon
I have been using this product for about a month now. At first it made my face red when applying the oil, it has gotten better. I notice such a decrease in the fine lines on my face- specifically around my eyes. The only problem I have is the solution leaks out of the dropper if you do not hold it up the whole time.
Tripti P.
Brentwood, TN
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Tripti P.
Purchased at: ULTA
I have been using this product for over a month and seeing great results on my skin. My skin looks more clear and my acne and blackheads have reduced a lot. The squalane oil is very moisturizing and hydrates my skin. It didn't irritate my skin and was easy to use. It's quite affordable and I would definitely buy it again.
Victoria G.
Hacienda Hts, CA
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Victoria G.
Amazing dry lotion that goes on smooth and cleanly over any other serums. I use this as a nighttime aid, doing so every few days as daily use can cause irritation with the Retinol. I highly suggest adding to your skincare routine if you don’t already have an anti-aging retinol in your repertoire.
Katie L.
Champaign, IL
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Katie L.
Purchased at: ULTA
I'm pretty sure I have had forehead wrinkles since birth. I am an extremely expressive person when it comes to my face, and my skin definitely shows it. I wanted to start incorporating retinol into my skincare routine and thought that this product might be a good first step. I love it! I've used it three times now and I love how plump and soft my skin looks the next morning. I am careful about where I apply it because I don't want to irritate the more sensitive areas of my face, but on my forehead it works wonders, even at such a small percentage. And the price point?? Incredible! I cannot recommend The Ordinary enough.
Melanie J.
Tampa, FL
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Melanie J.
This was my first retinol product end it was very gentle on my skin I was expecting to have a bad reaction but I use this product three times a week and I love it. I read a lot of reviews from dermatologist and they recommended it so I’m a fan. It was recommended for new people who wanted to incorporate retinol into their night routine. [product:retinol-05%-in-squalane-30ml]
Gracie M.
Madill, OK
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Gracie M.
Purchased at: ULTA
I've been using this serum every night for about two weeks, I use two or three drops and massage it on my face. It's a little oily so if you have oily skin I don't recommend it but if you have dry skin like me this serum will get rid of any dry patches you may have.
Molly G.
Boynton Beach, FL
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane 30ml uploaded by Molly G.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a great retinol. It's not too harsh and I think the squalane helps prevent the usual flakiness I get with other retinols. The only downside is that it dries SUPER quickly so you have to be careful and make sure you get it where it needs to go without using too much.

113 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Christina W.
il y a 5 mois
Britt F. il y a 4 mois
Yes! It advises on the bottle to refrigerate after opening, but I have kept mine in the fridge even beforehand.