Remington S7231 Wet to Straight Straightener

With Remington's wet 2 straight 2 inch straightener, you can forget the hairdryer and get going in no time. This straightener allows you to straighten whether your hair is wet or dry with 420-degree professional grade heat across ceramic plates, with 30 adjustable settings, as well as distinctive steam vents that dry and style hair with less damage.

Does this damage your hair since you use it while wet ?
Will this work on chin length hair or will that be too short?
Remington S7231 Wet to Straight Straightener I have this straightener and I like it a lot I've had it for like 2years so it lasts a long time I highly recommend this to anyone
Start your review of Remington S7231 Wet to Straight Straightener!
Newark, DE
This is good in a pinch if so want my newly washed hair in a ponytail. My hair is very coarse, so this didn’t work too well while my hair was damp. When dry, it was a little better, but not by much. More for thin-medium hair, in my opinion.
Strawberry Blonde / Brittleness, Curls, Damage / Dry, Curly, Kinky
Pell City, AL
I have had this hair straightener for forever but I don’t use it much. It heats up fairly quick. It worked great on my hair but it has rusted a little on the sides I guess from the wetness and not drying it completely which is my fault but if you sometimes don’t let your hair dry almost completely then it doesn’t straighten it to good.
Brunette / Color Protection, Frizz, Volume / Normal, Oily, Straight
Chesnee, SC
The best straightener, in my opinion! I’ve tried almost $100 dollar straighteners and top name brands, but I keep going back to this one! They’ve changed the look of it over the last few years. However I was in the 7th grade probably when I first got this brand straightener so about 11-12 years ago. Since then I had two of these break on me, but after years of use. I love this straightener so much I even traded my friend my $70 straighter for her $25 straightener from Walmart. About 7 years ago I did purchase a new one, but at that time the packaging and look was completely different and I didn’t enjoy it at all! So I took it back. However, I tried this one again and it works just as great as I remember! No straightener has ever given me this straight and less frizzy of a look! I used to get asked in high school all the time “how do you get your hair so straight,” and I thought they were crazy, but it works so good! Definitely recommend. Especially if blow drying makes your hair frizzy, like it does mine. I spray a good heat protectant in my hair and get my hair dry and straightened within minutes (30 minutes at the most if my hair is still pretty wet). Definitely recommend!
Auburn / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Curls / Normal, Wavy, Thick
Bellevue , WA
I️LOVE my wet to straight! I’ve never used it on wet hair, because super damaging, but I’ve always used it on my dry hair and it’s the best straightener I’ve ever used. I’ve had 2 in my life, my first one died rip. Compared to other expensive brands like Hot Tools and Babyliss, I️ totally prefer my Wet to Straight. Affordable, easy to travel with, sleek, and has a lot of heat settings for different hair. It heats up quickly and doesn’t take long to cool down.
Dark Brown / Damage, Frizz, Straightening / Dry, Oily, Wavy
Pensacola, FL
My brother got me this for Christmas last year at first I thought it looked cheap but I do love it. I use it almost eveyday. It heats up within minutes and although I have never straightened my wet hair with it it works great with dried hair. It has a setting you can use to turn to a cooler level or higher. It has a light that goes on when it’s ready to use and I just love how thick and big it is to get more hair!
Medium Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Oily, Wavy
Red Bay, AL
I have been using this straightener brand for years!! I wouldn’t recommend your hair being completely wet as it would take forever to fix your hair! I use the straightener about everyday or every other day! It’s almost time to replace it as it is beginning to smell like it’s burning. I tend to sort of curl my hair under with it as well so I don’t have that straight as a board look!
Blonde / Curls, Damage, Dry Scalp / Wavy, Curly, Coarse
I love this straightener. It really dries and straightens at the same time and my hair is always really shiny after using it. I usually only style my hair once a week, so I don't think it's doing too much damage to the hair. The cons are it may damage your hair if you use it every day, and the steam is a little scary because your hair sizzles a little when you use it.
Light Brown / Brittleness, Curls, Frizz / Oily, Wavy, Fine
Franklin, PA
Of course nothing is going to be exactly what it advertises. But as I get older and discover more about my hair and what I use, this straightener isn’t the best to use when you have thick curly hair. Whenever I get my hair professionally done, they tell me I need a new straightener.
Medium Brown / Color Protection, Curls, Frizz / Curly, Thick
Kermit , WV
Purchased at: eBay
I have used this for about 6 years and still love it as much as the first day! It does so good rather my hair is wet or dry and I just don’t need to look for anything else until this don’t work so I’m very happy with it
Dark Brown / Brittleness, Damage, Dandruff / Wavy, Kinky, Thin
This was the worst straightener I have ever purchased. I have thick, curly hair that takes time to straighten. The straightener wouldn't even close all the way and the wet to dry didn't work at all. It could just be my hair type, but it was pretty cheap and I won't buy again.
Medium Brown / Damage, Frizz, Heat Protection / Curly, Thick, Color Treated