BY REMINGTON #32 in Flat Irons & Hair Straighteners

Say goodbye to frizz and fly-aways while boosting style control with Remington's s-5500 one inch digital heat ceramic flat iron. infused anti-static technology reduces the amount of negatively charged particles during styling and allows for 50% more static control. the thirty second instant heat up will reach the salon high heat temperature of 410 degrees fahrenheit. one hour automatic shut off, 2 limited year warranty, and floating plates. see more...

• 30 dollars is a great deal and my favourite Colour is pur...1 Answers
  • I bought this hair straightener last week (I haven't used...1 Answers
  • Its sheets mistreat the hair a lot ?2 Answers
Cristina G.
I’m Italian so I have baby hairs all round my face that curl up with the slightest amount of humidity. I can have a great blow out but those darn baby hairs!

My regular curling iron is too big/wide to reach these short hair close to my forehead. Therefore, I was on a hunt for something tiny. I didn’t even know if a curling iron like this existed bc I rarely straighten my hair. After some internet research, I found a few. Now normally, I would just buy but I want to see in person. I went to a few different stores to check each product out.

I chose Remington bc it was small enough to grab my baby hairs. I didn’t feel like it was going to burn my face or my hair. It’s anti-static. Now, normally I don’t fall for gimmicks and I even rolled my eyes when I read this on the box. I mean, how can a iron do that? YET, magically it does. Sorry Remington for doubting you.

Like I said, I don’t use irons every day. However, I do use this one on my baby hairs several times a week! No heat damage. I highly recommend this product. Oh and it’s not a billion dollars either. Just to show, good quality products don’t have to cost a fortune.
Linda C.
Norwalk, CA
I have had such good luck with this straightener. I have had it for so many year and its lasted me through the thick and thin .
I originally bought it as a replacement to my old conair which was horrible and in the end friendly wall outlet and never turned back on.
I bought 3 Remmingtons when I bought mine. One for myself and two for my nieces . That was 6 years ago and we all still have it and use it. I love that it has the digital heat control and can go pretty high at 450 which is way more than enough before I try my hair.
I also live that it's a super nice purple. Would totally recommend this straightener and all their products. Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static Ceramic Hair Straightener, 1-Inch, Purple []
Christina R.
No frills, no frizz. This is a great daily straightener--it's a workhorse. The temperature range is good, it heats up very quickly, and has never let me down. Plus it's so cheap! I've used it for both straightening and curls, and while I need to work on my curl game, it's quite good at both.

And I can confirm that automatic shutoff works after an hour! I'm...sometimes forgetful, as the few burn marks from a previous straightener can attest to. While I usually remember to shut this off, I love knowing that it won't be creating a dangerous situation for me.

100% recommend!
Brigid A.
United States of America
This straightener heats us very quickly which is exactly what I need. I wake up at the crack of dawn and don't have a lot of time to sit around and wait for my straightener to heat up for me to use. This straightener heats up quickly and has multiple heat settings available to use which is nice. I have thin hair so I use the lightest heat setting so I can inflict less damage on my hair. It also has the capability to turn itself off if it's left on and forgotten. This makes me feel much better when I'm leaving in a hurry and I don't have to strain to remember if I turned my straightener off.
😍😘😁 G.
Seagoville , TX
Super inexpensive , bought mine for 25$ . I have used it almost everydayfor about 2 years . Heats up super quick , you can lower the heat temperature or as high as 410. Its the second one ive bought , the one before this one had been bent too much by wrapping the cord all the time around the straigthener too tight . other than that its durable leaves the hair looking sleek and shiny without product added . I highly recommend if you are looking for something inexpensive . i found mine at walmart .
Rebekah B.
This is the second time I have bought the Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static Ceramic Hair Straightener, 1-Inch, Purple []. The previous one I had lasted for 3 years, so when it was time to invest in a new one, I decided on the same one! I use this straightener to straighten and curl my hair, and it does an amazing job on both. My hair is always sleek and smooth after using it, and I love that the temperature can be adjusted!
Rebecca L.
Harrison, TN
I’ve had this straightener for around 4 years now, so honestly I’m pretty impressed at its longevity, considering my straighteners usually die pretty quickly comparatively. It heats up super fast, which is my favorite part. I have naturally straight hair anyway, so I just use this to “smooth” my hair. I am not sure how well it would perform for someone who has curly or wavy hair and really needs a lot of straightening.
Charlea M.
Caro
I use this straightener all the time and it works beautifully. I use it to curl my hair as well as straighten it and it leaves it silky smooth. It really lives up to the title anti static. It works so well and I never have to worry about my hair looking too flat or dry. I pack this every where I go and I never have an issue with this straightener 10/10 recommend.
Jocelyn M.
Kingston, PA
This is the BEST flat iron ever!!!! I swear it will NOT disappoint! My BEST friend gave me one about 7 years ago. I fell in love. I used to flat iron my hair all the time &it straightened my hair so quick every time! I bought another one like 2 years ago (my aunt broke my old one) &I still love it. I use it every now &then. I never have fly aways.
Alexis D.
Bought this mainly because of the price and I needed something that could get the job done. Overall, this is a very good straighter for the price. Goes up to 410 which is pretty high considering that a lot of cheap straighteners don’t go up that high. I do need to pass a few times but in the end, my hair is straight and that’s all that matters!
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Does this flat iron come in any other colors?
Alejandra R.
charlottesville, VA
Its sheets mistreat the hair a lot ?
Do you ship it to cambodia country? and i don't know how to add item to cart. i don't see that option.
Jolene P.
Buffalo, NY
I bought this hair straightener last week (I haven't used it yet) off of amazon, and I noticed some reviews that said that it made people's hair smell like bug spray and some customers were scared of fire as it smelled like burning. I'm just wondering if anyone who has used this product notice anything like a burning smell or bug spray smell?  Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static Ceramic Hair Straightener, 1-Inch, Purple []