Remind: Safe Classroom Communication uploaded by Elyssa F.

BY REMIND101

Remind (formerly Remind101) offers teachers a free, safe and simple way to instantly text students and parents. Teachers can send or schedule reminders, assignments, homework, assessments, or motivational messages directly to students' and parents' phones. Interactions are safe because phone numbers are kept private, and messages are sent with no open replies. Teachers, students and parents see mobile messages from all their classes in one place. For students and parents, Remind provides an easier way to stay informed outside of the classroom. They can now download the app and opt-in to receive messages faster with push notifications! Use Remind to send free text messages to save time, engage students and involve parents with your class. Try it today! And if you love it, share it with your colleagues or write a review! BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK: “Jessica D, a teacher in Louisiana, uses Remind daily to brief parents on whether their children did well in class and what their homework is for the night. She says the app has led more students to complete their homework and even credits it with improving scores on standardized tests. “The word I use is ‘transform,’ ” she says. “It transformed my classroom. And I think it made me a better teacher.” PARENTING: According to a study conducted by Harvard University, on average, teacher-family communication increased the odds a student completed their homework by 42% and decreased instances in which teachers had to redirect students' attention to the task at hand by 25%. Parent-teacher communication is clearly key to a student's success, and Remind can help. BUZZFEED: “...SMS allows the app to be used by parents without smartphones. Brett Kopf said that Remind’s features have proved especially popular in low-income districts, where parent engagement is a key issue for teachers, and parents’ sometimes erratic work schedules can make it difficult to get in touch by phone.” Note: Remind is only available in English. Stay tuned for more languages! see more...

Remind: Safe Classroom Communication
  • "It is a great way to communicate with parents in your classroom without giving out your personal cell number." in 1 review
JoAnne O.
I love this app for communicating with students without publicizing your phone number. Class setup is easy and efficient as well!
Christina-anne F.
San Antonio, TX
Techie Expert Level 2
This app is great. My son's after school program uses it. I like that it keeps you in contact with information about your child.
Brandi Q.
Kailua, HI
I use this for many of my classes now that I'm in a cohort. It's really helpful and I use it almost everyday :)
Megan J.
Techie Expert Level 5
It is really good for student, teacher, and parent communication. It helps keep everyone in the loop.
Kylee H.
Hanford , CA
I love this app! It's so handy when the kids bus is late or there is a foggy day schedule...
Donna W.
Tiffin , OH
Techie Expert Level 3
This is wonderful to keep in contact with my daughters teacher. It's wonderful
Andréanne K.
Cold Lake, AB
I am so glad my kids class uses this app. It is an easy way to communicate with the teacher and find out I formation. I hope they continue to use this as the Kids continue through school.
Danelisse C.
How does it work?
Michelle F.
Techie Expert Level 1
Can i wite my review in spanish?
Bob L.
What features are you allowed to show parents, pictures, links?