Hannah G.
Hannah G.
I am considering participating in an event. What have your experiences been like?
Amber R.
Amber R.
Kingston, AK
8 months ago
They can be quite fun depending on what kind of events they do! I've gone to Relay for Life before around an outdoor field where all the tents were set up in the center and I've also gone before in a gym where mattresses and stuff were set up in a different area. It's fun hanging out with friends and engaging in different things while you're not walking on the track!
Linda E.
Linda E.
Tallahassee, FL
8 months, 1 week ago
Ours was held at the racetrack and the walk ran all night but they had vendors and events that you could watch if you needed to take a break from the walk. It was a lot of fun.
Ellie K.
Ellie K.
Orange, CA
8 months, 1 week ago
This is one of the best experiences I have ever had. I absolutely love it.
Skye H.
Skye H.
9 months, 1 week ago
Absolutely loved it. I felt a connection to everyone there because we all have had a similar struggle
Jenn B.
Jenn B.
Roseville, MI
9 months, 2 weeks ago
Very heart-felt experiences. Whether you're a survivor, fighter, caregiver or just touched by volunteering, you have a great time. Emotional for me, since ive lost quite a few in my life to cancer.
kathy q.
kathy q.
Bensenville, IL
11 months, 3 weeks ago
I did the plunge and it was amazing. I was in and out and near a space heater in less than 2 min. I have never done the walk.
Kortney C.
Kortney C.
Denver, CO
11 months, 3 weeks ago
It's always been great
Kayli H.
Kayli H.
1 year ago
Amazing! Love love love this organization!!!
Lebanon, NH
I walked and loved it
Brandi V.
Brandi V.
1 year ago
I did a walk and I loved it!
Cathy H.
Cathy H.
1 year, 1 month ago
My experiences have been memorable. I have relayed since 2013 and look forward to it every year. I relay for my father and myself.
Kyla P.
Kyla P.
East Freetown, MA
1 year, 1 month ago
Its an amazing and overwhelming feeling of being part of a cure to find cancer. People battle cancer everyday, walking for 24 hours wont hurt.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Amazing
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
San Jose, CA
1 year, 1 month ago
Its awesome!! U have to try!!!
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Goodyear, AZ
1 year, 1 month ago
It's a very best experience! It's amazing to see the impact you can have on the survivors. Very rewarding!
Kim R.
Kim R.
Ashburn, VA
1 year, 1 month ago
I was scared at my first relay/walk. However I have to say I have never felt so accepted and warmly welcomed by total strangers in my life. Every time I put on the T shirt I got that day I smile because all those great memories just come flooding back to me.
Libby S.
Libby S.
Downingtown , PA
1 year, 1 month ago
Amazing! Memorable and fun while saving lives!
Cierra S.
Cierra S.
Clearfield, UT
1 year, 2 months ago
It was great for me, ours was archery based
Nora B.
Nora B.
1 year, 2 months ago
This is my absolute favorite thing to particiapate in yearly
Beatrice A.
Beatrice A.
Brooklyn, NY
1 year, 2 months ago
I was president of my school and we had to host a relay for life and honestly it's such a great thing to do. It makes people celebrate the lives people had rather than be upset about the travesty that was their loss. It's a great and fun organization that helps inform people about cancer and helps pull people together to remember and move forward. Running with friends made it better and you could novitiate each other and we had the relay-ers do limbo when they made a lap. That was pretty fun.
jillian d.
jillian d.
1 year, 2 months ago
It was such a great experience! So touching, and so much fun! I highly recommend getting involved!
Erika D.
Erika D.
Dallas, TX
1 year, 2 months ago
It's amazing! I know the event I go to every year is a lot of fun and upbeat, but also there are many emotional moments. It's hard to stay up all night and walk, but the energy at the event makes it possible.
Annalise S.
Annalise S.
1 year, 2 months ago
It's really great but it's also really hard emotionally especially if you know someone who is fighting cancer or has died from it.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Really great experienes!
Lebanon, NH
1 year, 2 months ago
A great experience it also helped me in the greiv8ng process after losing family members to cancer
Monica S.
Monica S.
Gadsden, AL
A great experience.
Joan L.
Joan L.
1 year, 2 months ago
The relay for life we had here in Niagara county , Ny was hilarious . One year they had people dress up as there favorite actresses . Some of the husbands joined in on the fun , one in particular I new dressed up in honor of his wife .
Aalia L.
Aalia L.
Brampton, Ontario
1 year, 3 months ago
My experience was one of the best in my life. I had a team of about 10 all together and we went out, raised money by doing a yard sale. After we went to the event hosted by our school where we walk for 12. there were games, food, a bouncy castle and even a water balloon fight. Plus, I got an amazing tan. Fun experience and all for a good cause!
Julia A.
Julia A.
Midway Park, NC
1 year, 3 months ago
I love it so much, it's such a great experience! Everyone is so nice and the whole day feels so special.
Carrie P.
Carrie P.
Metairie, LA
1 year, 3 months ago
All positive. everyone is supportive and heartwarming time
kayla m.
kayla m.
Pacolet, SC
1 year, 3 months ago
A wonderful experience & heartwarming atmosphere
April B.
April B.
Macon, GA
1 year, 3 months ago
This is a great event to be a part of it really brings awareness of all the people that cancer has affected. It also helps to honor anyone that you know that has died from this awful disease as well as to celebrate those who have beat it.
Brianna W.
Brianna W.
1 year, 3 months ago
I have loved every bit of relay for life. it's am amazing organization and if you get your family in on it it's even more fun. great experience directly working with the organization as well
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Nicholson, PA
Nothing but positive 💜
Whitney R.
Whitney R.
Norman, OK
1 year, 3 months ago
I love Relay For Life. I was a participant at my university event my freshmen year of college and loved it so much that I joined the event leadership team. I was a part of the event leadership for three years. I love that it is a fun event that raises money for an incredible cause. They call it a Party with Purpose and I can't put it better myself. I hope you do it, it's a blast!
Daisy R.
Daisy R.
Rincon, PR
1 year, 4 months ago
The experience is wonderful !
shirnika P.
shirnika P.
marietta, GA
1 year, 4 months ago
I would like to know the same thing
1 year, 4 months ago
Awesome experience to bond with friends and it's for a great cause!
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Chillicothe, OH
1 year, 4 months ago
Loved having fun and raising money at the same time.
Tanya H.
Tanya H.
1 year, 4 months ago
My experiences have been nothing but great. Always friendly people there and an all over great event to help people with cancer.
Emi M.
Emi M.
1 year, 4 months ago
I had a girl in my orchestra class who was diagnosed with cancer. We did the relay for life and had an amazing time. We met a lot of new people made a lot of friends, and also ate a lot of yummy food!
Mcdonough, GA
1 year, 4 months ago
It's lots of fun definitely bring friends and make a whole night out of it.
Kim G.
Kim G.
1 year, 4 months ago
So much fun! Do it with a group of friends and it makes the all-brighter super fun!
Casey G.
Casey G.
Stillwater, OK
1 year, 4 months ago
It's amazing. So many tribute signs and lanterns for both survivors and those who have passed on. Meeting the survivors is especially inspiring. I volunteered at a Relay for Life event one year making hot dogs, and we had a great turnout. It fostered a strong sense of community on top of being mega emotional. Give it a go, especially if you have any loved ones who have had cancer.
Kendra H.
Kendra H.
1 year, 4 months ago
A few that I have worked at there have been some people there that had cancer and just talking to them is the best experience. It was also every eye opening.
Kendall P.
Kendall P.
Tiverton , RI
1 year, 4 months ago
Nothing but great always pleasant to be a part of
Akanksha S.
Akanksha S.
1 year, 4 months ago
It was an amazing experience. Being a part of such a large crowd of people that are all working towards such an amazing cause feels great
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
1 year, 4 months ago
Amazing! Truly makes a difference in so many people's lives
Racheal K.
Racheal K.
1 year, 5 months ago
At the event I went to instead of doing laps we played games, danced, spent lots of time talking. We raised thousands of dollars, and it was a great experience.
Christine K.
Christine K.
North Augusta, SC
1 year, 5 months ago
Very positive and fun too
Charlotte I.
Charlotte I.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
It was an incredible experience to be a participant and know that you are making a difference as well as enjoying a social event
Lindsay A.
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
Reading, PA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Anytime I've participated I always left feeling awesome! it was always a really good experience for me
Shayna O.
Shayna O.
Rohnert Park, CA
1 year, 5 months ago
You gotta try it just once. I'd go to an event first before joining, just so you can see what it's all about. Lighting the luminaries is a spiritual experience. You get a sense of wholeness. If you decide to join and raise money, create a team of friends, family and/or coworkers. Or join a team already established. You set goals to reach by the time of the Relay for Life event. It really is a wonderful experience.
Katie B.
Katie B.
Au gres, Mi
1 year, 5 months ago
I have done many events and loved every minute. Many city/towns have many group just find the right one for you.
Holly L.
Holly L.
Huntington, WV
1 year, 5 months ago
Very positive and uplifting.
Christina B.
Christina B.
1 year, 5 months ago
Always been great , we do the overnight walk here
Melissa A.
Melissa A.
Gladwin, MI
1 year, 5 months ago
So much fun and a great way to support cancer patients and survivors! You will never regret giving back!
Keisha L.
Keisha L.
Clintwood, VA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
It's always been fun! I'm hoping to volunteer and participate again if nothing comes up!
SALLY M.
SALLY M.
1 year, 5 months ago
Always great events. Best of all for a great cause that effects allot of our lives.
Bobbi H.
Lots of fun
Dee Y.
Dee Y.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
I did it for 7 years. They were always so great. The turn outs were awesome! Such a huge support.
Ricky B.
Ricky B.
An incredible experience
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
1 year, 6 months ago
I have always volunteered at a school whether it be my high school or college campus. The duties differ, but my main job was to help set up and clean down our booth. When I did it in high school, there were booths where you would pay money to play a game and win prizes to raise money. It was definitely a good experience and extremely touching.
Jocelyn D.
Jocelyn D.
Dunwoody, GA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 4
It is an amazing experience, I am on my events committee going on 4 years now. I love the sense of community. it's a once you go you will want to go back every year. the luminaria ceremony, the survivor lap the caregiver lap the team lap it is just an amazing time the first time I went I didn't know what to expect but every year I can't wait to get to relay really is just an amazing experience it brings families together it gives you a chance to celebrate the who's who have beat their Battle of cancer in those we've lost at the chance to remember I gave you the chance to celebrate remember and fight back really helped to fund the community programs they offer Hope Lodge road to recovery look good feel better and so many more. my upcoming relay April 29th and i cannot wait. I do recommend getting involved.
Angela S.
Angela S.
Camarillo, CA
1 year, 6 months ago
I've had great experiences! Have fun!
Casey-Lee S.
Casey-Lee S.
Bridgeport, CT
1 year, 6 months ago
Event like no other! Enjoyable yet all about the cause. I go every year in support of a friend of mine who passed away from cancer, the amount of people who come to support are breathe taking!
Tina R.
Tina R.
1 year, 6 months ago
It is awonderful experience!