BY RELAY FOR LIFE #7 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Where can you find out events that are going on to suppor...6 Answers
  • What does this organization represent?4 Answers
Relay For Life
  • "I love relay for like i think its a real good way to raise money for American Cancer patients i attend it at my school every year" in 37 reviews
  • "I participated in this every year by walking or donating but this is my favorite organized charity event every year look forward to it!" in 35 reviews
  • "I used to do this all through school (middle school, high school, college) and it was always extremely fun and everyone raised a lot of money!" in 23 reviews
  • "It's a great way to raise funds, awareness, and join together to celebrate those who have survived, encourage those in treatment, and honor those who lost the battle. " in 21 reviews
  • "Great organization with such meaningful moments integrated into every Relay for Life event with the celebrate, remember, fight back initiatives. " in 21 reviews
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
I used to participate in the Relay for Life in my area every single year. My mother is a cancer survivor so the whole experience was extra special to us. Then throughout the years I have came in contact with people that had been diagnosed with cancer and needed help with medical bills, transportation to doctor appointments or food. We contacted the American Cancer Society (that’s who puts on the Relay For Life) and they said time after time that there were no benefits available in our area....really?!? What about all the money that we raise every year??
Tricia C.
Tracy, CA
My kids have always participated in this at their schools for many years and I have also donated money. I think it’s awesome that they bring this into our local schools because it not only teaches children about cancer, but it teaches them to have empathy for others by raising money by walking or running at their schools. As a future teacher, I plan on making sure this is an important aspect not only in my school, but in my classroom and I will be teaching my students the importance of it. A lot can be learned from this great cause!
Shannon💋 W.
Horsham , PA
This is a great cause! They do so much for people in society. I have done a couple walks in my community for this foundation and they were really great. I think they put so much time and funding into this foundation to make it great. It’s a foundation everyone should donate to or do charitable things for!
Addie B.
My university friend was the co-president of our chapter at IU. We went to Relay for Life to support her. It was a truly amazing experience. During a Lumiere Walk we each put glow sticks in a bag we decorated with a name of a person lost to or fighting cancer. I was a touching sight.
Laura M.
Louisville, KY
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
Relay For Life is a community based fundraising event of the American Cancer Society. Each year, more than 5,000 Relay For Life events take place in over twenty countries. This fundraising event goes above and beyond for all families. It is a remarkable organization.
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
1,466 reviews
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
We do the run every single year at my work. We really have a fun time all participating and competing to make the most money in each individual department. It is a lot of fun and I know the money goes to a great cause which is even better!!! Pretty awesome.
Sakinah D.
Dumfries, VA
Relay for life is an activity that allow the American Cancer Society to bring cancer research to the forefront but in a fun way. I have been involved with it in some form for the last 10 years or so and the strides that are made are unbelievable.
Rachel S.
Hoover, AL
The one charity I support and donate to the most is Relay For Life. I have so many family members living with or have died from cancer. Most grocery stores in my area are always accepting donations for cancer research and I support in any way I can.
Skyela H.
Washington, IN
Love this! I won a pageant and was honored to be introduced to this wonderful society. They truly care about the cancer patients and try their hardest to raise awareness and spread the word. Great organization.
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
1,192 reviews
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I’ve done a few of their events and really appreciate what they do . The events are nicely organized and I love even more how they raise money for cancer. I will continue to support them , they’re a great cause and you should donate too.
Christina  G.
Hatboro , Pa
Can you participate in relay for life after high school ?
Dallas L.
How many years have you participated in Relay for Life?
Hannah G.
I am considering participating in an event. What have your experiences been like?
Tara N.
What's your favorite memory from Relay?
Diana G.
Castroville, CA
How ,any of you have done this ?