BY RELAY FOR LIFE #6 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• Where can you find out events that are going on to support this c...6 Answers
  • Relay For Life Have you ever participated in one of these relay's?9 Answers
  • I'm not exactly sure what relay for life is? I know it's a charit...2 Answers
Relay For Life
  • "I love relay for like i think its a real good way to raise money for American Cancer patients i attend it at my school every year" in 37 reviews
  • "I participated in this every year by walking or donating but this is my favorite organized charity event every year look forward to it!" in 35 reviews
  • "I used to do this all through school (middle school, high school, college) and it was always extremely fun and everyone raised a lot of money!" in 23 reviews
  • "It's a great way to raise funds, awareness, and join together to celebrate those who have survived, encourage those in treatment, and honor those who lost the battle. " in 21 reviews
  • "Great organization with such meaningful moments integrated into every Relay for Life event with the celebrate, remember, fight back initiatives. " in 21 reviews
Amber S.
Cameron, NC
Relay for Life is a charity that is very near and dear to my heart, and has been since a young age.
I actually found out a little over a year ago that I have cervical cancer, but that's completely unrelated to my love of this charity.
From the time I was 5 years old until I was 16 I was a member of a competition cheerleading team CSE (CheerStarsElite) and our routine coach was a girl who was a senior in high school but her mom and dad were the main coaches, they over saw everything. The mother had tongue cancer. She was a tough woman. The sweetest, kindest, most sincere person I have ever met and I try every day to be more like her.
Our entire team participated in Relay for Life every year, mainly for that reason. We made a huge deal of it.
Mrs. Daley passed away my 6th grade year. Our whole team attended the funeral in uniform and we all dropped a white rose dipped in blue paint on top of her. (Our team colors were blue, sliver and white)
Sakinah D.
Dumfries, VA
Relay for life is an activity that allow the American Cancer Society to bring cancer research to the forefront but in a fun way. I have been involved with it in some form for the last 10 years or so and the strides that are made are unbelievable.
Bonnie L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
Relay For Life is such an amazing organization. This is such a massive foundation that holds events around the country every year. Its a great way for the community to come together for a common cause. They are often well organized. Overall, great organization that I support.
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I’ve done a few of their events and really appreciate what they do . The events are nicely organized and I love even more how they raise money for cancer. I will continue to support them , they’re a great cause and you should donate too.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
This is a huge and amazing organization that does fundraising for the American Cancer Society in 27 countries. This charity is staffed and coordinated entirely by volunteers who are passionate about fighting and raising funds to battle cancer.  Relay For Life
Aleixka M.
Relay for Life is a fantastic cause! Even if you or someone you know hasn’t been affected by cancer, it’s a great to help those who have. You get to meet so many great people, hear their stories, and learn about how your donations really are making a difference. I volunteered all through high school and a attended a few events in college. Every year research gets funded a little more!
Sarah D.
Newnan
Relay for life is a great program that has walks in communities all over the country to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Since cancer has affected almost everyone’s family in some way or another it’s important to raise funds to support the patients and caregivers. We also need to continue to fund research to find an end to this terrible disease.
Chassidy L.
London, KY
Cancer is something the government funds off of. I don’t support this at all! Millions of people are suffering and organizations like this are making billions from it! Most families end up in debt or losing homes, cars, everything they own and more because of the debt of paying bills from cancer! These organizations don’t help like they should.
Hannah H.
Boonville, NC
Relay for life has done so much for the people in my community. I do not know much about where their money goes but I know they do a lot for the people they are fundraising for.
Ashlee W.
I started going to the relay for life walks when I was a brownie in Girl Scouts and I still continue to go every year. It's nice to be able to see everyone together.
Christina  G.
Hatboro , Pa
Can you participate in relay for life after high school ?
Dallas L.
How many years have you participated in Relay for Life?
Hannah G.
I am considering participating in an event. What have your experiences been like?
Tara N.
What's your favorite memory from Relay?
Diana G.
Castroville, CA
How ,any of you have done this ?