Refining Makeup Primer

Prime skin and erase imperfections for a beautiful, natural finish.

How well does this work with fine lines?
Could this be used in place of a sunscreen?
Start your review of Refining Makeup Primer!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...whitish hue to it and absorbs well into the skin, and creates a soft, matte finish. it has a tacky texture to it which is perfect for primers as it holds the makeup to your skin. the primer has no smell to it which is a huge plus point for me, as i am very sensitive to smells, and you only need a small amount of product to cover your entire face (a little goes a long way)! the shiseido primer hides my pores and it keeps skin smooth and shine-free pretty much all day long. my makeup stays on all day without smudging (try adding a mist to it to really set your makeup!). also, it's very hydrating for my skin and doesn't leave any dry patches like some other primer's have. a good makeup primer should last during any extreme weather and this product delivers! during the cold in canada, it still makes my skin look even and healthy and i can say the same for extreme heat as well (during my vacation, i was in the desert and my makeup did not budge once!). the only downside to this products is that the version we get in canada doesn't have spf in it, which is a must! i cannot understand why more makeup products for foundation and primers don't have spf already built into it. so, if you want the spf version then you will have to buy this is the us or europe......shiseido please bring this to canada!” in reviews
Shaw Afb, SC
My mother in law gifted me with this product because I was looking for a new primer. This primer makes my skin feel like silk. I love it.
Newark, CA
This is my favorite primer but this thing is like a luxury to me to be honest because of the price..
Tracy, CA
I really enjoy and like the fact that this product has spf. Its a great addition to my makeup
Portland, OR
This is a tinted primer in a nude color, so it helps to correct redness and uneven skin tone beneath your makeup. I am not a big fan however because it has a foundation/ moisturizer consistency and does tend to be oiler on my skin. I already have oily skin so I don't appreciate this and prefer using a gel or balm based primer.
I liked this product and I liked that it has spf in it. I find that it does make my makeup last but I don't like the tint of colour that it has. I also find the formula to be a little bit too thick for me which makes it harder to apply. For best results j applied it with a makeup sponge
I had a sample of these from buying some of the other Shiseido products, and I decided to test this out. I had a trial run with one side of my face with this primer, and the other without. To be honest, I liked the side without the Shiseido primer better. I feel like it did nothing to blur out my pores, or make my makeup last longer. I feel like it doesn't do anything and even makes my makeup look a tad bit cakey? As well, this product contains some well-known irritants, so I'm not sure if you would want to test this out. I believe Shiseido does test on animals, so this is a point to know if you consider buying their products.
Toronto, ON
This does a pretty good job in covering up the pores. Also helps prevent the face from becoming too oily. There is a slight tint, which is only good for those with fair skin. If you plan on putting foundation on top, it's not a big deal. It definitely cannot be worn on its own.
Vancouver, BC
WORST primer I've ever used. It was so drying. I used it two or three times and it ended up in the trash. Good thing it was a sample.