Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Heat Protection Spray

This blow dry primer & heat protection spray cuts blow dry time, protects from heat up to 450 degrees, helps reduce breakage and provides 24-hour lasting volume without weighing hair down. Hair is left 3x stronger and healthier and perfectly primed for any other styling products.

• Features anti-breakage formula
  • Cuts down on blow dry time
  • Protects from heat up to 450 degrees
  • Extra lightweight
  • Amplifies benefits from styling products

AQUA/WATER/EAU, TRISILOXANE, ISODODECANE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, LACTIC ACID, AMINOPROPYL TRIETHOXYSILANE, GLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-14 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LINALOOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GERANIOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ISOEUGENOL, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CI 17200 / RED 33, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL (D186168/1) US PAT. PENDING/BREVET AMÉRICAIN EN INSTANCE

Anything that makes this different from other products like it on the market?
Does this keep hair from frizzing?
Start your review of Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Heat Protection Spray!
How would you rate this product?
Johnstown, PA
I love love love this product!! I use it every time I have to blow dry my hair and it has cut down my drying time in half!! I love that it makes my thick hair easier to dry and it also has a heat protectant in it!
Blonde / Color Protection, Dryness, Heat Protection / Wavy, Thick, Color Treated
Surrey , BC
My favourite styling primer yet. I love the feel and smell of this product. It always leaves my hair smooth and beautiful after a blow dry. I love that the smell doesn’t alter after blow drying. Some primers I find can smell weird after heat styling. Product has good value and lasts a really long time
Brunette / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
I heard SO many rave reviews of this and needed a heat protector spray so picked this up following a salon recommendation. I didn't see any less damage after using this plus I couldn't get along with the smell I regret buying it and wouldn't repurchase.
Dark Brown / Curls, Frizz, Heat Protection / Normal, Wavy, Fine
Montreal, QC
I tried it once. Not sure if it really protects my hair from heat damage but what i do know is that it made my hair feel very stiff and hard, and it looked very dry and damaged after blow drying. I will try it again and see if i get different results.
Black / Curls, Frizz, Heat Protection / Normal, Wavy, Thick
Thorold, ON
Always use this before blow drying my hair! It’s protects up to 450 degrees celsius and primes for the rest of your products, and it also speeds up blow dry time- I swear, I ran out of it for about a week and I was wondering why my hair was taking longer to dry!
Light Brown / Color Protection, Damage, Heat Protection / Straight, Fine
London
The thermal spray for a good hair day for me. It smells wonderful, and leaves the hair beautifully soft and smooth. I would use this alone with a styling tool for gently undone curls
Brunette / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Curls / Dry, Wavy, Thick
Summerside, PE
I own pretty much the whole pillow proof line and I love it. The smell is probably my least favorite thing about it, it kind of has like a chemical almost burnt hair smell to it I find.. and no that’s not my hair burning . Haha. When I spray it onto my hair I just am not fond of the smell although I do like how it protects my hair and leaves it feeling not sticky or waxy like some other heat protectants.
Blonde / Color Protection, Damage, Dryness / Dry, Oily, Wavy
Halifax, NS
This is a must if you have thick hair or live in a humid climate or just want super smooth hair. The scent is nice and not overwhelming. No improvements needed, this is wicked. In my town you can only buy this at the salon but it's worth the price and lasts. Like all other redken products I've owned a little is all you need and you can get months of use.
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Curls, Frizz / Wavy, Thick
London
Excellent product for protecting hair from blow drying heat. It gives a nice volume and bounce, makes the hair shiny and tamed. My hair stylist used it and I had to go out and buy some for myself, it has not disappointed once and makes the hair "salon quality"!
Platinum / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Straight, Fine
I never realized what I was missing before using this product. I use this product before blowdrying my hair, and it cuts my blowdying time almost in half. I could not believe it! It also helps with holding style and volume. LOVE IT
Light Blonde / Brittleness, Curls, Damage / Dry, Wavy, Fine
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
St, ON
4 months ago
Belen H. • 2 months ago
Yes! I suffered from so much frizz before I started using this and I noticed an improvement. I actually enjoy spraying this in my hair even when I don't blow dry or straighten it because my hair feels more manageable and natural. I highly recommend
Northport, AL
10 months ago
Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Heat Protection Spray Is this product worth the money and does it dry out your hair?
Stephanie J. • 10 months ago
Honestly I don’t think it’s worth the money. I don’t care for the smell so I rarely use it, but I spent so much on it I hate for it to go to waste. I think there are better heat protection sprays on the market that smell better