Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Heat Protection Spray

This blow dry primer & heat protection spray cuts blow dry time, protects from heat up to 450 degrees, helps reduce breakage and provides 24-hour lasting volume without weighing hair down. Hair is left 3x stronger and healthier and perfectly primed for any other styling products.

• Features anti-breakage formula
  • Cuts down on blow dry time
  • Protects from heat up to 450 degrees
  • Extra lightweight
  • Amplifies benefits from styling products

AQUA/WATER/EAU, TRISILOXANE, ISODODECANE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, LACTIC ACID, AMINOPROPYL TRIETHOXYSILANE, GLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-14 DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LINALOOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GERANIOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ISOEUGENOL, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CI 17200 / RED 33, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, TOCOPHEROL (D186168/1) US PAT. PENDING/BREVET AMÉRICAIN EN INSTANCE

Anything that makes this different from other products like it on the market?
Does this keep hair from frizzing?
Start your review of Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Heat Protection Spray!
How would you rate this product?
Kalamazoo
This is a hair product must have for anyone who uses heat styling! The packaging is fun and bright. It also smells soooo good! It works extremely well to protect hair from heat when blow drying. It also cuts heat dry time in half! It leaves hair looking soft and shiny, but still with volume. Also great to use on wet hair to help with detangling!
Medium Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Damage / Dry, Straight, Thin
Maryville
I have thick, long, wavy hair—not mermaid, sexy waves, though, but random, cowlicked waves. This stuff reduces my blow-dry time by 50% and keeps my blow out looking great for up to 3 days. I don’t get weird wavy spots in the back of my head or at the nape of my neck overnight. I don’t love the smell, but I love the results!
Surrey , BC
My favourite styling primer yet. I love the feel and smell of this product. It always leaves my hair smooth and beautiful after a blow dry. I love that the smell doesn’t alter after blow drying. Some primers I find can smell weird after heat styling. Product has good value and lasts a really long time
Brunette / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
Newark, DE
Purchased at: ULTA
My favorite hair product from this brand! It smells sooo good and doesn't dry out my hair. Its professional. Its a little pricey like around 10$ -11$ depending on where you get it but worth the money. Definitely reccomend and will be buying more of this soon.
Auburn / Color Protection, Damage, Dryness / Normal, Wavy, Color Treated
Kerman, CA
I love using this before I blow dry my hair. Redken is one of my favorite hair brands and has been for 18 years!! I shake this up really good and spray my hair and it doesn’t leave a residue behind. There really is no scent either which is good. My hair is not as poofy but it doesn’t kill the volume either. It’s my favorite heat protectant because I know it’s working without knowing it’s there. That’s exactly what it should do. I highly recommend it and my hair is down to the bottom of my bottom. That’s a lot of hair!
Strawberry Blonde / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Normal, Straight
I first found out about this primer when my hairstylist used it on me, and ever since I’ve been hooked. It makes my hair smoother and it smells really nice, I also like that the bottle is pink! But I don’t like that it’s all plastic :(
Grey / Curls, Damage / Dry, Wavy, Coarse
Purchased at: Walmart
I have purchased this heat protector a few times now because it's that good! I have medium length hair and I plan on growing it out so I'm cutting my hair less often. This stuff protects my hair from spit end and heat damage, its seriously a God sent spray. I feel like it does improve the dry time on your hair a little bit. I prefer to air dry my hair and it leaves my hair feeling lightweight with added volume. I personally love the natural look... I did notice that it leaves a slight scent behind but it really doesnt bother me. I highly recommend!
Dark Brown
Middletown, DE
One of the best damage control products I own. It even cuts down drying time when you are trying to blow dry your hair. The smell is nice and even my hair stylist uses this product on my hair after my color treatment.
Light Blonde / Anti-Aging, Brassiness, Brittleness / Dry, Normal, Straight
Another product I can’t really tell if it works, but I use it in the hopes that it does. I don’t like that my hands always end up a little sticky after using this. I use it with hot hair tools in addition to a hairdryer.
Black / Dry Scalp, Frizz, Heat Protection / Normal, Straight
Vass
Love this quick dry blow dry spray. Leaves my hair silky smooth and tangle free/ I don't have to straighten it after. It locks in style and it's probably one of the best on the market. Would totally recommend.
Medium Brown / Damage, Hair Loss, Heat Protection / Dry, Fine, Thin
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
St, ON
4 months ago
Belen H. • a month ago
Yes! I suffered from so much frizz before I started using this and I noticed an improvement. I actually enjoy spraying this in my hair even when I don't blow dry or straighten it because my hair feels more manageable and natural. I highly recommend
Northport, AL
10 months ago
Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer Heat Protection Spray Is this product worth the money and does it dry out your hair?
Stephanie J. • 9 months ago
Honestly I don’t think it’s worth the money. I don’t care for the smell so I rarely use it, but I spent so much on it I hate for it to go to waste. I think there are better heat protection sprays on the market that smell better