Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam

by Redken

This best-selling root volumizing spray foam boosts roots with flexible fullness and bold, gutsy style. It has a long lasting natural feel and texture for all-over hair volume, fullness and bold, flexible styling and structure.

Medium control hair foam

Lifts up the hair roots or provides all-over volume

Adds hair fullness and thickness

Controls hair frizz and fly-aways

Targeted application for customized volume

I've been using Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Sculpting Foam for years; it's the best I've tried in terms of mousses but it's a fine line between nice volume and sticky/stiffness.They're both popular so I'm wondering if anyone has used both and could offer advice on how Redken Guts 10 compares to Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Sculpting Foam for fine hair. Thanks for your help!
what is the best mousse for volume? Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam
Do you apply this product only to the roots of your hair or all over? Also how much should you spray? Is it easy to control amount sprayed? Thanks!
Start your review of Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam!
Product Highlights
I really liked mousse!in reviews
it has a little bit of hold which is nice and it doesn't leave the hair crunchy. in reviews
Vevila M.
Cookeville, TN
Redken guts works great to give my short hair a lift. It stays throughout a 12 work day and doesn't clump up or make a tangled mess.
Caitlin E.
Lincoln, CA
I don't like the way this feels in my hair. I love hair products but I don't want to feel them in my hair. It leaves my hair crunchy and built up at the scalp where it's sprayed. I love Redken's Full Frame for body and lift without the feel of crunchiness. Plus it's a heat protectant! Pass on this.
tori C.
Centerville, MA
Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam uploaded by tori C.
Purchased at: ULTA
this redken volumizing mousse is amazing. i was introduced to it from my hairdresser and it works so well. my hair does not feel weighed down from product even if used on the heavier side. it provides a great amount of volume
Angela M.
West Columbia , SC
This does the job. I have thinning oily hair that lacks volume and this helps it along. It's the best product I've found thus far but I'm still on the hunt for other products. I think this runs about $19 at Ulta. But Ulta often has BOGO half off. So it's a good deal. I travel a lot and the travel bottles are $9 which is pretty steep because it so so so much less.
Vera G.
Graham, NC
Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam uploaded by Vera G.
I was introduced to this mousse a few years back and continue to be amazed at how it helps my hair style look better easier. No matter if I go with short curly layers or long bob.
Ashley A.
Chesapeake, VA
Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam uploaded by Ashley A.
Purchased at: ULTA
This stuff does a decent job adding volume to my thin straight hair. Its a foam but comes out of the can in a thin spray that foams up a bit in your hand. It doesn't dispense a lot of product so you have to spray it for a while to get desired amount. I wish this would come out like a mousse i think it would make it easier but it did a good job. I also don't like the smell...its not bad just smells more like a men's product to me.
Therese C.
Hartland, MI
This is something I have bought for years! I have tried other root lifters but I ALWAYS come back to GUTS I just spray a bit at my roots then I work in sections and blow dry I do have some layers & this gives me fullness and body and this works like nobody's business!!
Lauren S.
Wyoming, MI
So much texture! This is a must have for my fine hair! I spray this all over before drying and gives me so much volume and helps hold my curls.
Jessica P.
Athens, AL
Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam uploaded by Jessica P.
Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam uploaded by Jessica P.
Purchased at: Beauty Plus Salon
I have wavy to curly hair so I’m always on the look out for good product that will do the job I need it to. I live in the south where the humidity is high and the frizz is real! I personally like how this product works on my hair. It keeps the frizz away and adds to my curls. It also goes above and beyond as far as staying power goes. The one thing I absolutely hate about it, and it has nothing to do with the actual product, is the way it comes out of the can. It sprays out in a stream like silly string does. It’s not an even spray but a stream. I have very long hair and lots of it so that’s very annoying to me. Other than that, perfect
Brittany W.
I have incredibly fine hair and I'm always looking for something to give me extra volume without leaving my hair gritty or sticky. Because my hair has gotten so long, the biggest area I struggle to get volume is the roots of the hair (I don't like back combing because I don't want to break my already fine hair). This product (as long as I don't use too much!) gives me decent volume without the grit or stickiness. Does it give me huge, Texas hair that I strive for? No. But then I can't be bothered to spend 30 minutes drying it with a round brush. If I did, I'm sure that would help the volume.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...