BY REDKEN

Why You Need A Genius Co-Wash:

• It’s one step with double benefits: gentle cleansing + extra conditioning
  • Helps hair color last longer
  • Increases manageability
  • If you work out, color your hair or battle frizz

When To Use Genius Wash Cleansing Conditioner For Dry, Coarse Hair:

• Alternate washing with traditional shampoo and Genius Wash to condition and refresh
  • When hair needs extra moisture and conditioning with gentle cleansing
  • Before updos and events when you need the second day feel without the second day look
  • If you wash your hair everyday, use Genius Wash for every third wash. If you wash your hair less frequently, use Genius Wash for every other wash

AQUA/WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM COCOAMPHOPROPIONATE,HYDROXYPROPYL STARCH PHOSPHATE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE,ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL/APRICOTKERNEL OIL, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, MENTHOL, TOCOPHEROL (D177725/1)

• Does it dry up your scalp like others do? typically whats...1 Answers
Lisa M.
Rocky Point
Review for: Redken Genius Wash for Coarse Hair, Redken Genius Wash for Coarse Hair more...
I have thick type 3c hair that is coarse and dry and my curls feel so nice after I use this cleanser. Smells a little like coffee, but that doesn't bother me. It is low lathering and moisutizing. It's on the pricey side but the directions say to use it a very third wash which is what I do and find it lasts and has become an important part of my healthy hair care regimen. I would recommend this product.
Halle M.
Shawnee, KS
I picked up a sample of this at Beauty Brands with a set of other samples so I stumbled upon this product while looking for shampoo to switch up my daily routine. I hadn't used a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner before and was pleasantly surprised while using this. I loved the lather because it was just different than normal products I've used and made the process of washing my hair more fun than it already is. I also liked the scent because it had a slight zing that invigorated my senses while using it. I would use this product again!
Caroline P.
I've used conditioning washes by Living Proof with much success before, so when I saw these in Ulta, I thought I'd give it try. They were out of the one that my hair really needs, according to their chart, so I settled on this one.

It's only been about two hours since I washed my hair, and I feel like three stars is a bit generous. I had to use a LOT of product on my mid-shoulder length, frizz prone hair to evenly coat it, as per the instructions. Once the conditioner came close my face, the smell hit me! It is horrible! Like an extreme Christmas tree scent, mixed in with an awful men's cologne. I actually thought about rewashing my hair to get the smell out.

My recommendation: do a sniff test in-store before you commit to the product!!
Sarah R.
Yacolt, WA
I've used a couple different mostly inexpensive co washes. I have very thick course dry hair and co washing was recommended to me by a co worker who is a stylist. I enjoyed my cheaper co wash purchases, but! I did feel they left too much residue in my hair. This is almost perfect! I can usually wash my hair around three times with this every other day and achieve straight full hair that almost looks as if I've had an expensive blow out! Around my third/fourth wash I use a sulfate free shampoo to "reset" my hair and get rid of any build-up. I've noticed my hair is breaking less, is more shiny and the ends are less dry.
Amy C.
Rochester, MI
I was reluctant at first - but am pleasantly surprised with the results. My thick, color-treated hair gets dirty easily, but regular washing just leaves it feeling coarse/strawlike. This product gives me an extra day between shampoos and leaves me with just enough texture to style for the day. Not crazy about the scent, but I don't find that it lingers long after rinsing.
Ashley P.
Richmond, IN
First of all, anytime I discover a product that kills two birds with one stone, it catches my attention as time is a fleeting commodity. It's a low sudsing shampoo/conditioner that you work thru wet hair and leave on for 5 minutes, rinse and go. Pros: heavenly scented and left my coarse hair feeling soft and smelling sublime. Con: I feel it is quite overpriced.
Overall, great product that left my wild and thick hair soft and manageable in one step!
Rebecca N.
Loganville, GA
I have very coarse hair. I'm Indian and this shampoo works good for me. It leaves it fluffy, rather then flat. I like the smell too. I bought mine from the GNC. The price was reasonable. I would recommend this to anyone with coarse/Indian hair.
Chelsie P.
Citrus Hts, CA
I was kindof hesitant when I bought a travel size of this. I thought, no conditoner? just a conditioning shampoo? hmm.. Much to my surprise it is really amazing. It has a nice lather and leaves your hair refreshed and moisturized.
kelley s.
This stuff is great! It's great to use if you have very dry or frizzy hair or as an alternative to using an actual shampoo. I highly recommend this to my clients with fashion colored hair to prevent stripping of their color.
Jaimee H.
Chesterfield , MO
Not bad, this does not compare to Wen. It's a distant second. The Scent is nice, and I thought my hair felt nice after using it while still wet. Didn't help with frizz or make my curls more defined like Wen, though!
Christina E.
Does it dry up your scalp like others do? typically whats the ballpark price for this product