BY REDKEN #45 in Shampoo

Hair strengthening shampoo that cleanses, strengthens and fortifies weakened areas. Restores and repairs hair while protecting client's hair's natural shine.

A smart, targeted delivery system, the exclusive new RCT Protein Complex treats hair from the root to the core to the tip, giving all 3 levels the custom nourishment they need.

BENEFITS

• Cleanses, strengthens and restores shine
  • Helps fortify weakened area

AQUA/WATER/EAU, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCO-BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DIMETHICONE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, COCAMIDE MIPA, SODIUM BENZOATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SALICYLIC ACID, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CARBOMER, CETYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM COCOYL AMINO ACIDS, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, QUATERNIUM- 33, POTASSIUM DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PANTHENYL PHOSPHATE, BENZYL BENZOATE, SODIUM SARCOSINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, LIMONENE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ARGININE, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, LINALOOL, FUMARIC ACID, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYLSILANETRIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID (D184533/1)

• I have such damaged hair from dying it so much .. I don't...4 Answers
  • Does this smell good? What does it smell like? Does it ha...1 Answers
  • Is this worth the money I'm gonna pay for it?1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "I tried different shampoos for damaged hair and I come back to this brand ever time." in 2 reviews
  • "This is a nice shampoo but it can get spendy but i say its worth it, last long and a little goes a long way" in 2 reviews
  • "Smells great too very concentrated so a little goes a long way would reccommend this product" in 1 review
  • "I have thin, curly hair and this was one of the only shampoos that I used that could make it soft without it looking crunchy and wet all day." in 1 review
  • "I've bought it two different times and the first time I loved it and the second time it didn't seem to work as well but it still worked. " in 1 review
Meghan L.
Plantation , FL
Review for: Extreme Shampoo Fortifier For Distressed Hair 10.1 oz more...
It's a good product for short term use. It has a lot of protein in it, and made my hair slippery and no texture or body. However it did really repair my hair after an unfortunate accident at the salon. They died my hair black not red, then had to bleach it out and re dye it. My hair was dried and fried. About 2 weeks later, my hair was super soft but too soft. A little goes a long way. I keep it around for after swimming in salt water or too heavily chlorinated pools and I need something to revive my dry locks.
Carissa O.
Review for: Extreme Shampoo Fortifier For Distressed Hair 10.1 oz more...
I’m in the process of bleaching my hair and it is the saddest it’s ever been. So dried and lots of breakage. This shampoo has really seemed to help after only two uses (with the conditioner). I notice a huge difference when blow drying, and the frizz has tamed itself a bit and it just feels softer. My stylist told me there’s a lot of protein in it so to use sparingly and maybe not every wash. So far it’s a win.
Alyssa S.
Royersford, PA
Review for: Redken New Nouveau Extreme Shampoo, 33.8 ounces Bottle more...
I have super long hair that’s naturally wavy and can be very frizzy. I straighten my hair quite a bit and the ends are dry and damaged. I was looking for a shampoo and conditioner duo that would repair my hair and I stumbled upon this. After just one use my hair was shiny, silky and frizz free! I kept getting compliments on my hair and I haven’t resorted to a new shampoo and conditioner for years.
Aby L.
Oregon
Review for: Redken Extreme Shampoo more...
Redken is overall a brand that I enjoy using for my hair. This shampoo was an alright shampoo in comparison to some other shampoo brands I use. The smell was good but not my favorite. Like many high end shampoos, this shampoo lathers better on the second wash. I find Redken’s branding to be off-putting as they have many different lines that look very different from each other. It is hard to tell which products are true salon quality products and which products are just average old products. I would consider this shampoo a more average product. It definitely is better than most drugstore shampoos, and it is a high quality shampoo, but I like other brands and products more. Overall I would say if you are a Redken fan to give it a try and if you find a deal on this product give it a try.
Bailee E.
Review for: Redken Extreme Shampoo more...
I spent $100 on the whole Redken Extreme like because I’m trying to get my hair healthy after goin blonde and then back to brunette. I have been using this product for about a week and a half and I’ve seen none, if not worse, changes to my hair. I’m hoping with more time it’ll get better but other reviewers said they saw results within a day or two. I’ve got nothing.
bridget b.
Albuquerque , NM
Review for: Extreme Shampoo Fortifier For Distressed Hair 10.1 oz more...
i firmly believe using this is conjunction with the extreme primer and sealer that this WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR GROW. theres tons of protein in these products so i definitely dont recommend for every day use but like i said, if you follow the system and the manufacturer’s instructions your hair will grow up to 6 inches in a 12 month period of regular usage!
Angy R.
Lublin, WI
Makes my hair feel absolutely amazing, for the last four years my hair would not grow, when a friend recommended I use redken I was a bit skeptical of the price. But folks this stuff is worth every penny my hair is so long and strong now! I would Definetly refer anyone with damaged hair struggles to this shampoo and conditioner duo
Amanda M.
Olympia, WA
I have severely damaged hair; naturally curly and straightened everyday, plus I get it bleached every 8 weeks. It’s bad. This shampoo has helped improve the quality and integrity of my hair. I’m sure people will say purple shampoo is the best but I feel like this brand and line does wonders for me!
Mandy C.
Elk Grove, CA
My stylist was in such shock when I came in two months after my initial appointment with silky soft hair! Because.. I went from natural dark black (on stubborn, coarse Asian hair) to #blondeAF in a day! She did use brazilian bond builder to keep my locks strong throughout the process but we were both expecting some damage to be done. A once a week shampoo and condition with Redken Extreme helped keep my hair feeling exactly like it did before the 8 hours worth of processing. Super thankful! Knocked off a star for the shampoo washing out my color pretty quickly. I'll try out a sulfate free next time.
Melissa C.
Rainbow City, AL
Review for: Redken Extreme Shampoo more...
Out of all the redken shampoos this one is my favorite. It’s super rich and hydrating, a real treat! This is super good for anyone who has color treated hair (which I do). It’s highly concentrated so it does take much and it lasts a long time. I totally recommend.
Julie S.
I have such damaged hair from dying it so much .. I don't use any heat products on my hair .. I will occasionally curl my hair once in a blue moon .. Every time I comb my hair a bunch of it comes off . 😭😭 will this product help with it?
Amanda L.
What does this do for your hair? I have dry hair so would this work?
Angelica N.
For those who also suffer with dandruff: would you guys recommend this? My hair was super damaged. I got a cut and treatment this week. And the stylist uses redken products but I'm iffy because although I love how it left my hair I don't want my dandruff to flair up again 😩
Amanda L.
What does this do for your hair? I have dry hair so would this work?
Keisha K.
Does this smell good? What does it smell like? Does it have a fruity scent or? Does it leave the hair soft?