Redken Duo Shield 07: Haircolor Protecting Gel Cream uploaded by Lisa C.Redken Duo Shield 07: Haircolor Protecting Gel Cream uploaded by Larissa A.

BY REDKEN

This hair gel-cream heat protectant for color treated hair nourishes and repairs, adding body and shape to all hair types. It combines a nourishing cream and repairing gel to add body and shape with medium control, protecting hair from hot tools up to 450 degrees.

• Medium control gel cream that adds body and shape
  • Protection up to 450 degrees
  • Helps protect color vibrancy

34983 RDK 2 (GEL) INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VP/ACRYLATES/LAURYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL,TRIETHANOLAMINE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM BENZOATE, PEG-14 DIMETHICONE,LAURETH-4, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PENTASODIUM PENTETATE, QUATERNIUM-87, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, XYLOSE (D50296/2) US PATENTS: 5,618,523;5,679,357; 5,700,45634984 RDK 4 (CREAM/CRÈME) INGREDIENTS: AQUA/WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, VP/VA COPOLYMER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR, XANTHAN GUM, AMODIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, OLEA EUROPAEA OIL/OLIVE FRUIT OIL, CAMELINA SATIVA OIL/CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM OIL/CORIANDER SEED OIL, MYRISTIC ACID, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) SEED OIL, ZINC GLUCONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, TRIDECETH-6, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS PEEL OIL/ORANGE PEEL OIL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, LINALOOL, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, C E T R I M O N I U M C H L O R I D E , H Y D R OX Y I S O H E X Y L 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, GERANIOL (D50360/2) US PAT./BREVET AMÉRICAIN: 7,504,094

Mary C.
Pueblo West, CO
Good but you can overuse it. Great for blowouts. Heat protection as well as Color protection. Love that the ingredients are separate till you squeeze out of tube. Pleasant smell.
Larissa A.
Fresno
Literally The Best Weightless Gel Cream Ever!!! It Blows Regular Gels Out Of The Water I Love It Because You Can Style With It Along With Heat Tools Wiout Your Hair Getting Sticky. I Bought This At CVS And It Was Only 7.99$ I Love It. Everyone Should Have This Hair Product
Katherine F.
Cary, NC
I love this multitasking product. Inside the tube holding the gel there is a smaller tube holding the cream/protectant. When you dispense the product, they come out together as a blob of gel with cream in the middle. This is why it's called the "duo shield" as it's literally two products in one.

Why do I love it? It helps seal in moisture, adds a little bit of hold, and provides heat protection. This is a must-have when my hair is in a mohawk as it allows me to use less product (mousse, gel, pomade, whatever) which means less work, easier styling, and more touchability.

I have exactly one gripe about this product and it is a very small one. The packaging isn't completely perfect. You have to be sure to screw the cap back on IMMEDIATELY after dispensing the product. I made the mistake of setting the tube on my counter (so I could replace the cap when my hands weren't covered in product) and a good portion of the gel component oozed out. Not only is that a mess and a waste, it means that I may very well run out of one half of the "duo" before the other. But, live and learn- it certainly isn't a disaster. I just make sure the screw the cap back on right away.
Monica G.
Murray, UT
Was suggested this product by one of the stylists at Ulta because the usual product I use was not in stock. First off, the price was a bit higher than I wanted to pay, but was assured that it was a multi use product. Anyways, I didn't care for the hold or the texture it gave my hair. Went to use this for the 3rd time and found that the entire gel portion had emptied itself into the bottom shelf of my bathroom cabinet. Returned it immediately and will not re-purchase.
Ashlea H.
Corinth, TX
LOVE this stuff!!! I literally use it everyday after I get out of the shower I dry my hair off with a towel & this stuff is applied in my hair immediately after! Smells good & helps my hair stay smooth & healthier since I've started using it! (I use a lot of heat on my hair). A bottle of this last me several months because you don't have to apply much.
Molly N.
Florence, SC
As a hairstylist I get to try out new products all of the time. I received a bottle of this a few years ago and still haven't used the whole thing. It's very heavy on fine hair but does its job of creating some hold without being as thick and controlling as a mousse would be. It's not my favorite, and I don't care for the smell either.
Candace J.
Troy, NY
I wasn't really impressed with this product but it wasn't a complete fail either. This is like a "protective" heat styling gel product. If you don't blow dry your hair it will make it crunchy. But when used properly it does give some volume along with heat protecting the hair, but for my hair type (thin and fine) it made it feel heavy.
Jamie C.
Jacksonville, FL
Its a a great blow dry cream. I love how smooth it makes my hair i also how my color doesn't change the packaging is sleek and clean. I really like the smell of this product. My friend is a redken artist and recommended this to me. I have teal hair, and it actually blonde underneath that.. so i def have to protect my hair.
Erika P.
I used this product by recommendation after coloring my hair lightened, which caused some additional damage. I did not notice a significant change in the duration of my highlights, and the product left a noticeable amount of build-up after use. However, it did a good job of hydrating my hair and smelled great as well.
Alicia H.
Milwaukee, WI
Duo Shield comes in a fun container, where you can see the two different products within. I've had it for a very long time now and I still have a lot still to use, even after using it almost every day. It's very easy to use, does not weigh your hair down, and does not leave it feeling greasy. I am a big proponent of heat styling aids for hair protection, and this is a simple product to use for the average consumer. Highly recommend!