Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor

by Redken

A reliable and dynamic permanent conditioning haircolor, featuring Select Dye System.

• Contains 100% oxidative, UV stable, long-lasting dyes for holding power and resistance to fading
  • Use to brighten, darken, change or correct, or for highlighting or creative color effects
  • Provides exceptional gray coverage, from a few strands to high percentages
  • Wheat proteins and avocado oil provide strength and condition

How To Use:

Mix in a 1:1 ratio with 10, 20, 30 or 40 volume Color Gels Developer for up to 4 levels of lift. Can then be applied with a bowl and brush or bottle using a Traditional or Modern Virgin Application.

Apply color generously using fine 1/4" diagonal partings. Cross-check application. If mixed with 10 vol. developer process for 20 minutes, 20 vol. for 30 minutes, 30 vol. for 40 minutes and 40 vol. for 45 minutes.

Follow with Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.

Active Ingredients:
Select Dye System
Delivers unsurpassed gray coverage that's resistant to UV light fading.

Wheat Proteins
Protects hair and provides strength.

Avocado Oil
Preserves hair's softness.

How is this better or worse than regular hair dye? Has anyone tried it yet?
How often can it be used?
How long would this usually last
Start your review of Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor!
How would you rate this product?
Joplin, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I love color gels for my clients for a quick application for permanent colors . This is a nice warm brown for fall! I usually use the fusions more but these work when need a quicker application
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Redken Shades eq is a staple product in my salon! I can't run my business without it! You never know when you'll need to tone some hair. None if my blondes leave without a Shades eq toner.
De Queen, AR
When I get my hair done (by my mother or sister who are both professionals), Redken Color Gels is what they use on my hair and let me tell you the color actually lasts! Great hair color!
Fostoria, OH
I have used this brand for coloring my hair some rainbow colors. The color stayed longer than I expected. The color didn't fade for several weeks. I don't wash my hair everyday.
Whittier, CA
I've used this product before and I have to say that it's okay. The color doesn't stay on that long. The pigmentation isn't that great either. It's just okay.
Melbourne, FL
One of my favorite permanent color lines! They cover really well (even grey) and the consistency makes it very easy to apply and fully saturate the hair
Love this for my clients.  Excellent gray coverage.   No irritation.   Easy application.   Tone is beautiful.
rigby
My hair does really well with the color gels even when I went from blonde to dark my hair still faded evenly. Will never go back to the Ion brand dye.
Seal Beach, CA
I like the consistency of this product and it spreads very nicely. I like to use for double processes in between foils. It’s a great cream replacement.
Old Orchd Bch, ME
I tried these on the advice of the sales girl she said people swear by this and it lasts longer get Tha. Shadeseq but I went back to loreal not for me.