Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor

by Redken

A reliable and dynamic permanent conditioning haircolor, featuring Select Dye System.

• Contains 100% oxidative, UV stable, long-lasting dyes for holding power and resistance to fading
  • Use to brighten, darken, change or correct, or for highlighting or creative color effects
  • Provides exceptional gray coverage, from a few strands to high percentages
  • Wheat proteins and avocado oil provide strength and condition

How To Use:

Mix in a 1:1 ratio with 10, 20, 30 or 40 volume Color Gels Developer for up to 4 levels of lift. Can then be applied with a bowl and brush or bottle using a Traditional or Modern Virgin Application.

Apply color generously using fine 1/4" diagonal partings. Cross-check application. If mixed with 10 vol. developer process for 20 minutes, 20 vol. for 30 minutes, 30 vol. for 40 minutes and 40 vol. for 45 minutes.

Follow with Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.

Active Ingredients:
Select Dye System
Delivers unsurpassed gray coverage that's resistant to UV light fading.

Wheat Proteins
Protects hair and provides strength.

Avocado Oil
Preserves hair's softness.

How is this better or worse than regular hair dye? Has anyone tried it yet?
How often can it be used?
How long would this usually last
Start your review of Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor!
How would you rate this product?
Knoxville
Redken is my absolute favorite color line. You get incredible shine and control with this. If your not used to this color line the texture of the formula is hard to get use to. It’s more of a runny jello vs. a standard cream mixture. Shades EQ is the non permanent and its equivalent in structure. Both are wonderful!
Groton, CT
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Cant say enough about this permanate gel color line. It is mosturizing and leaves the hair shiney and soft. It covers gray and lasts well. I have been using redken color for the last 9yrs in tbe salon and just love it. Use it on myself my family and my clients with no issues and will continue to use!
Lawrence, KS
I always make sure professional does my hair because I don’t trust myself. I love the very vibrant color that really care gives off and it always makes my hair shine and it seems like the color last longer. It doesn’t feel like most colors it just lightens with every wash.
Santa Maria, CA
I have been using Redken Color Gels as my permanent line backbar. I never have a problem covering grays, blends perfectly into shades eq gloss for a beautiful result. Am really impressed with the NN shades and love that you can buy ‘clear’ to dilute!
Killeen, TX
I learned to color hair with this product. While I like the wide range of colors I feel they don’t last as long. They are however super hydrating and smell pretty decent too. It’s not too overwhelming. I would recommend this product,
Indiana
Redken color gel is great. It is something that matches your hair or the color your tying to go easily. It's not harsh on your hair either. I've never had a problem with the way its made my hair feel after coloring my hair.
wewoka
I love Redken hair color! It always comes out the color it promises. I purchased Pravana hair color kit and had terrible results so I will be sticking with Redken from now on! Love the shades EQ by Redken as well!
The colors in itself are pretty easy to work with. I know that color has a smell to it but I’m not a fan of the powerful ammonia smell of this product. I honestly wish we could use the cream formula over the gels.
As a cosmetologist myself redken color gems are by far one of my most favorite products To use in the hair color lines out there! Very easy to use, very simple directions. If an option my go to is color Gels!
Harwood , MO
This color is easy to apply and stays in your hair for a while. It allows you to try something new and exciting. My favorite is the platinum ice which gives you a blonde with a subtle pink/purple glow.