Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor

by Redken

A reliable and dynamic permanent conditioning haircolor, featuring Select Dye System.

• Contains 100% oxidative, UV stable, long-lasting dyes for holding power and resistance to fading
  • Use to brighten, darken, change or correct, or for highlighting or creative color effects
  • Provides exceptional gray coverage, from a few strands to high percentages
  • Wheat proteins and avocado oil provide strength and condition

How To Use:

Mix in a 1:1 ratio with 10, 20, 30 or 40 volume Color Gels Developer for up to 4 levels of lift. Can then be applied with a bowl and brush or bottle using a Traditional or Modern Virgin Application.

Apply color generously using fine 1/4" diagonal partings. Cross-check application. If mixed with 10 vol. developer process for 20 minutes, 20 vol. for 30 minutes, 30 vol. for 40 minutes and 40 vol. for 45 minutes.

Follow with Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.

Active Ingredients:
Select Dye System
Delivers unsurpassed gray coverage that's resistant to UV light fading.

Wheat Proteins
Protects hair and provides strength.

Avocado Oil
Preserves hair's softness.

How is this better or worse than regular hair dye? Has anyone tried it yet?
How often can it be used?
How long would this usually last
Start your review of Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor!
How would you rate this product?
York, ME
I have used redken for years! Always delivers beautiful results with mega shine! The gels match up perfect with the shades eq toners perfectly!!! Covers Grey awesome and price is in the medium range.
raymond, MS
i love redken color gels. it conditions your hair while it’s processing which is amazing. i defiantly recommend redken professional color. great for your hair and gives you a long lasting look!
Beale Afb, CA
Licensed professional. They no longer sell color gels. But this of did a good job and is easier but messier to apply. Great for doing lowlights. I love it’s new replacement though even more.
Leesburg
Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor. I am a cosmetologist and I have been using this color line sine I started back in 2007. I love it and my clients love it.
Best hair color I have ever used. There are soooo many colors to choose from and it goes on evenly. It’s easy to use and works the best! If I could pick any, I would use redken!
Colorado Spgs, CO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love the color gels! They are definitely interesting to work with bc they are more liquidy, so definitley wear capes and be prepared for a mess depending on your stylist ;)
warren
Never lasts more than two washes and for some reason won’t adhere to my roots. My roots are never the same color as the rest of the hair it grabs. Not consistent throughout the rest of my hair either with color. Do not use this!
This is the most fastest way to apply color to a clients hair! It is liquid and it moves so nicely! Some of the colors are flat but you just have to play with the formulas to find a way for the color not to come out flat
Color gels is one of the best permanent colors. It's pre mixed already all you have to do is pick a color and mix in developer. Also there is great gray coverage!
San Diego , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Redken Color Gels are perfect for that “at the bowl” permanent hair color application. You can apply it with bottle or brush quickly. It leaves the hair so soft.