Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor

by Redken

A reliable and dynamic permanent conditioning haircolor, featuring Select Dye System.

• Contains 100% oxidative, UV stable, long-lasting dyes for holding power and resistance to fading
  • Use to brighten, darken, change or correct, or for highlighting or creative color effects
  • Provides exceptional gray coverage, from a few strands to high percentages
  • Wheat proteins and avocado oil provide strength and condition

How To Use:

Mix in a 1:1 ratio with 10, 20, 30 or 40 volume Color Gels Developer for up to 4 levels of lift. Can then be applied with a bowl and brush or bottle using a Traditional or Modern Virgin Application.

Apply color generously using fine 1/4" diagonal partings. Cross-check application. If mixed with 10 vol. developer process for 20 minutes, 20 vol. for 30 minutes, 30 vol. for 40 minutes and 40 vol. for 45 minutes.

Follow with Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.

Active Ingredients:
Select Dye System
Delivers unsurpassed gray coverage that's resistant to UV light fading.

Wheat Proteins
Protects hair and provides strength.

Avocado Oil
Preserves hair's softness.

How is this better or worse than regular hair dye? Has anyone tried it yet?
How often can it be used?
How long would this usually last
Start your review of Redken Color Gels™ Permanent Conditioning Haircolor!
How would you rate this product?
Winter Park, FL
Amazing! Gives a long lasting vibrant color, almost looks like it could be my natural color.
Davenport, IA
Never had a issue with this brand of color. Always works very well with coverage of greys.
Midvale, UT
Great color payoff but I prefer cream colors. I feel like the gel like consistency is messy
Coal city , IL
Love love love the color gels and anything from the redken line I won't use anything else
Coal city , IL
It's like a conditioner based color it works ok but I am a bigger fan of the color gels
Garden City, KS
Long lasting! Color stays on for a good while! Color is always right to what it says
Holiday, FL
I actually love the gels. They are easy to apply and are great looking/long lasting.
Littleton, CO
I loved the gel and how amazingly awesome this fabulous prouduct was and I adored it
Calgary, AB
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have had my hair dyed with Redken professional hair color and I really quite liked the moisture left in my hair after the salon was finished.  I also feel like my scalp liked this product more over the Goldwell dye.  I have dry, coarse, thick hair and I always get the results I am looking for with this product.  I also love the fact that it washes out so gradual I never feel like I have wasted my money down the drain.  I think my hairdresser had to use more of this product though as it wasn't as effective on my hair as the other salon brand.
HALIFAX, NS
I’ve used Redken products for years. Their color line is amazing. The Color Gels Haircolor fully covers greys, it gives the hair shine, it leaves it conditioned while looking and feeling healthy. It is a product I use on myself monthly and clients, we all love the results!