BY REDKEN #79 in Shampoo

An award-winning shampoo for color treated hair that maximizes color vibrancy while strengthening hair with daily shampooing.

• Gently cleanses and strengthens
  • Repels UVA/UVB rays and other environmental aggressors and provides anti-fade protection to optimize color durability and retention
  • Keeps haircolor radiant with mirror-like shine

AQUA/WATER/EAU, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL, BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, AMODIMETHICONE, PPG-5-CETEH-20, SODIUM BENZOATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SALICYLIC ACID, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, TRIDECETH-6, CARBOMER, COCAMIDE MIPA, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, LINALOOL, VACCINIUM MACROCARPON (CRANBERRY) SEED OIL, ARGININE, 2-OLEAMIDO-1, 3-OCTADECANEDIOL, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, BENZO-PHENONE-4, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, METHYL COCOATE, SODIUM COCOATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID (D46209/2)

• Do these work?2 Answers
  • Best product to keep color lasting longer!!! I’ve been us...2 Answers
  • Where can I find this product outside of a salon?1 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "I dye my hair constantly, so before I started using WEN, I tried several different shampoos for color treated hair, including this." in 8 reviews
  • "My hair is red with chunky blond highlights and it definitely helps keep the color and help keep it defined." in 6 reviews
  • "redken just came out with the color extend magnetics which is the sulfate free version and it is 10X better I love both the shampoo and conditioner." in 6 reviews
Jennifer M.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Redken Color Extend Shampoo, Other more...
I really wasn’t impressed with the shampoo or the conditioner, my color seemed to last just as long. The shampoo isn’t bad but the conditioner left my hair very tangled and feeling almost stripped. the smell of the conditioner so strong I could not use it I tried for the first few times to use it by itself and ended up with a headache
beware if you’re sensitive to smell. I will not buy this product again due to the fact of the smell and help price it is
Aubrey S.
Syracuse
Review for: Redken Color Extend Shampoo more...
I never notice any sort of difference with shampoos and conditioners as my hair is usually just dry and tangled, but the first time that I used this I actually noticed my hair felt really soft. It honestly think it does a better job than Redken’s all soft shampoo. As for color protection it does an amazing job; I dyed my hair back in August and I could still see some of the color now in June! I highly recommend getting the jumbo because I still have some left and I used it regularly since I last dyed my hair.
Schree R.
This is a wonderful shampoo if you can’t afford more expensive brands. I tend to buy this when low on funds and when Ulta has a sale. They usually have “buy 2 get one free” so I purchase the Redken Color Extend Conditioner For Longer Lasting Haircolor and Redken One United All-In-One Multi-Benefit Treatment when they have this sale. I can’t really say it makes my color last longer but it does leave my hair shiny and soft after each use. Definitely would re-purchase.
Sara L.
I color my hair about every 3 months. I bought this set from my salon because they used it durning my shampooing. They really said that it was amazing so I spent I think close to 50 bucks on it. It was disappointing to me. I have thick, frizzy, damaged and dry hair. While the set made my hair soft and smell amazing. I don't think that it help keep my color longer or repair the damage from constant dying and heat sources. It did smell amazing, I am attracted to shampoos by smells!
Shelby O.
Review for: COLOR EXTEND SHAMPOO PROTECTION FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR 10.1 OZ more...
I used to use this product when I had blonde color treated hair. It repaired the damage in my hair caused by the bleach. After ever use this product left my hair super soft and gave it a healthy look. It kept my blonde hair bright and prevented it from becoming yellow. I also use this brand once in awhile for brown colored treated hair. This product keeps my hair from fading and I love it
Natalie M.
Eugene, OR
I love this product! My hairstylist always comments on how well my color holds between appointments and it actually does end up saving me a lot of money as I can go longer between appointments. It does tend to make my hair dry over a long period of time but it does help to just use a hair mask every once and a while.
Myranda L.
NC
Review for: Redken Color Extend Shampoo more...
This shampoo smells amazing! my hair is naturally wavy and thick and every time i use this shampoo and then straighten my hair it always looks like i went to the beauty salon. This shampoo lathers up very well. yes i would purchase this product again and would love to try some of the other shampoos.
Samantha M.
This is the best shampoo for colored treated hair that I've ever used. I dye my hair black and it normally fades very fast, but with this shampoo it keeps its raven color all the way to my next touch up!! I just bought the liter bottles because I won't use anything else as my main shampoo!
Kyndall M.
Sidney, NE
Review for: Redken Color Extend Shampoo, Redken Color Extend Shampoo more...
My mom uses this for her color treated hair! I had a bad bleaching experience awhile back and had to dye my hair back dark again and I used her shampoo to extend my color! It really does work. It also smells so so good and it makes my hair feel soft and healthy again!
Jessica B.
Hueytown, AL
I love this product! It is one of the best shampoos for color treated hair and keeps your color from fading super fast. My hair always fades out my color really fast but when I use the Redkin color extend shampoo it lasts twice as long. Also when you pair it with the Redkin color extend conditioner it keeps you hair beautiful with vibrant colors and so soft. I buy mine from Sally's beauty supply and I try to keep it on hand but it can be pricey. #GiftCrush #Hair #Beautiful #putthisinmystocking #Musthave #Contest #Influenster
danielle h.
Pueblo, CO
What is your favorite redken stying product?
Sabrina S.
Martensville, SK
Have you used this before? Does it work well with red? I recently died my hair dark brown the fades out to red, and I know red fades easy, so looking for something to help keep it longer
Lizette S.
Van nuys, Ca
I recently went from natural brunette to caramel / honey roots and blond highlights. I'm seeing a few mixed reviews and want to see if this shampoo will help keep the color and leave my hair soft.
Loma C.
Mississauga
I've been looking for a shampoo to keep my red colour as it fades very quick. I've used another brand before that makes my hair orange ish in time and I was not pleased How long does this keep the red for?
Kirstie P.
Clarksville
I'm one of those women who loves to color my hair!! One of my favorite things to do. I also love to use shampoos that will help my color last longer. I have been wanting to try the Redken color extend shampoo but just haven't. For those of you who have used it, did you like it? Why or why not?