BY REDKEN #55 in Shampoo

An award-winning shampoo for color treated hair that maximizes color vibrancy while strengthening hair with daily shampooing.

• Gently cleanses and strengthens
  • Repels UVA/UVB rays and other environmental aggressors and provides anti-fade protection to optimize color durability and retention
  • Keeps haircolor radiant with mirror-like shine

AWARDS:

2015 New Beauty Choice Award

2014 Readers' Choice Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair

Ingredients: Micro-Net, UVA and UVB Filters, Cranberry Oil, Ceramide

• Where can I find this product outside of a salon?1 Answers
  • Does this really extend the color of your hair? If so, how many d...1 Answers
  • Has anyone found that this really extends your color at all? 2 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "I dye my hair constantly, so before I started using WEN, I tried several different shampoos for color treated hair, including this." in 8 reviews
  • "redken just came out with the color extend magnetics which is the sulfate free version and it is 10X better I love both the shampoo and conditioner." in 6 reviews
  • "My hair is red with chunky blond highlights and it definitely helps keep the color and help keep it defined." in 6 reviews
Nicia C.
Trinidad, CO
Not impressed,
I tried this shampoo last fall. I had just changed my hair color to flaming red...so I thought would try "a really good" color safe shampoo. I was sooo disappointed to find it contained sulfates! I even brought this to the attention of my hairdresser... She was also confused by it containing such harsh ingredients. I used it for a few weeks but found it really effected my color negatively. It smelled great, left my hair soft and manageable but it is supposed to extend my color life. As far as being color safe I would say this is a fail.
Ashley S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got a creative color ( purple) done professionally and then bought this to extend its life since those colors fade faster than permanent dyes. I washed my hair a couple times a week with only lukewarm water and every single time I used this the color just ran out in the rinse water. I feel like all it did was strip the color out like any normal shampoo, and the conditioner left residue in my hair. I don't know how this works for permanent color but it destroyed my purple in a matter of three washings.
April B.
Cleveland, TN
I have been using this shampoo for years now and I absolutely love it. I color my hair a light blonde and this seems to be the only shampoo that does not dad's my color. I feel like I just left the salon each time I use it. My hair is always silly and shiny which is rare for those that color so often. Have not found anything that compares. Wal-Mart often has special where you can get the shampoo and conditioner for $36. It lasts for a long time.
Tyra B.
Riverview, FL
I recently colored my hair red from a light blonde. I wanted a product that would extend my semi-permanent hair color and provide my hair with a healthy shine. I tried this Shampoo and love it! Not only did it leave my hair feeling soft, clean and shiny, it helped to maintain an even deep color until my next touch-up! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that wants their color to last!
Jessica D.
This shampoo is pretty good, not the best I've ever use but decent. I feel that this product weights my hair down and gives it a weird feel. I had my hair highlighted and this shampoo was recommended. I am also using the conditioner in conjunction with this product. I wish this set would leave my hair feeling softer. I also do not feel that this product really extends the life of the color treatment.
Alexa G.
University Pl, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my favorite shampoos, the smell is amazing and it keeps my hair so soft and bouncy. I like how this shampoo cleanses my hair without making the color fade too much. Playing sports I found myself having to wash my hair sometimes two times a day and this stuff keeps color looking awesome and hair feeling great! Most def worth the ticket on it as it is a more expensive choice.
Chi T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't understand why this shampoo got high ratings. I got recommended with this product by a beauty store employee. I paid a little more than $30 for this but it just washed all the colors on my hair away. I had pink hair, light blue, teal, turquoise. I kept on trying it again and again hoping it would work but it never helped to keep the colors on my hair. I don't recommend this.
Sarah T.
Belmont, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This shampoo and it's conditioner are the best I've tried yet. Purchased them after coloring my hair and my hair feels so manageable and smooth after using. It gently cleans and conditions without drying it out or weighing it down. I have fine hair and it's always a concern that I'm damaging my hair with drying products. This one is great and the color is protected.
Christy O.
Salem
I love the way Color Extend extends the life of my hair color. With ther shampoos, the colors seem to fade quickly while Color Extend brings out the many colors in my hair. My natural color is brunette and I currently am mostly ash blonde with dark highlights. I feel I like color extend brings out not only the blonde but the dark highlights as well.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
This is one of my favorite shampoos to use right after coloring my hair. I dye my black hair using a Vol 30-40 developer and a light ash blonde to get it to an ash brown so it ends up being pretty damaged. When I alternate this along with a silver shampoo, it works well to keep away the dryness and brassiness and to extend the life of my color!
danielle h.
Pueblo, CO
What is your favorite redken stying product?
Sabrina S.
Martensville, SK
Beauty Junkie Expert
Have you used this before? Does it work well with red? I recently died my hair dark brown the fades out to red, and I know red fades easy, so looking for something to help keep it longer
Lizette S.
Van nuys, Ca
I recently went from natural brunette to caramel / honey roots and blond highlights. I'm seeing a few mixed reviews and want to see if this shampoo will help keep the color and leave my hair soft.
Sammi M.
I'm looking for something that will help keep the color better in my hair. Right now the product I have dries out my hair and leaves it feeling nasty. Is this one any better than anything else out there? Does it actually help with color?
LaNessa G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really do a good job extending the life of tour hair color? I wanted to try it out, but wanted to know if it really works.