BY REDKEN #34 in Shampoo

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

• Sulfate- Free

• Non-stripping, lightweight, gentle, conditioning cleanser

• Rich lather

• Contains amino-ions to help seal in color

• Strenghens the hair fiber from root to core to tip with soft, flexcible results

Our sulfate-free hair color protecting shampoo is a lightweight, gentle, conditioning cleansing shampoo that uses Redken s IPN technology and amino-ions to leave your color treated hair 3x more fortified. Benefits Sulfate-Free 2 Preserves haircolor, lightweight, gentle, conditioning cleanser 3 Rich lather 4 Amino-ions help seal in color 5 Contains Redken s signature IPN technology 6 Color-treated hair is 3x fortified* Powered by supercharged amino-ions. 7 Attract to the hair fiber 8 Polymerize to create a hydrophobic barrier 9 Help seal in color molecules

AQUA/WATER/EAU, COCO-BETAINE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, AMODIMETHICONE, PPG-5- CETETH-20, HYDROGENATED COCONUT ACID, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE, CARBOMER, ACRYLATES/BEHENETH-25 METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM ISETHIONATE, BENZOIC ACID, SODIUM COCOYL AMINO ACIDS, TOCOPHEROL, TRIDECETH-6, BENZYL SALICYLATE, POTASSIUM DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PANTHENYL PHOSPHATE, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, SODIUM SARCOSINATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, SODIUM ACETATE, ALPHAISOMETHYL IONONE, ARGININE, SERINE, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDEGLUTAMIC ACID, BENZOPHENONE-4, SODIUM BENZOATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BAMBUSA VULGARIS SAP EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SORBIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID (D184886/1)

• What's your go to shampoo for any fun color hair ? I have...1 Answers
  • Is this shampoo better for red hair than the original red...2 Answers
  • Does this shampoo make your hair feel soft? Does it exten...2 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Britney K.
Warwick , RI
I love this shampoo. Ive been using it for a couple years along with the matching conditioner. I’ve tried other products, and I keep coming back to this. It’s sulfate free but still provides a lather, so if you don’t want bubbles... this isn’t for you. The lather is rich, but feels soft and doesn’t strip your hair or leave it feeling like straw like others I’ve tried. I can’t begin to describe the scent, by its lovely. I’m very sensitive to smell and this one just speaks to me. I have long, straight, fine and slightly oily hair. This keeps me clean, soft, shiny, and even adds a bit a volume. I’ve used it on colored hair and it doesn’t strip it. It doesn’t do a ton to help retain it either though, I prefer this just as my everyday shampoo.
carla l.
Salem, OR
Obviously a lot of people like this but it just wasn't a favorite for me.  On the plus side, it's very gentle; on the negative side, it's almost too gentle.  I realize that it won't lather/foam because it doesn't contain sulfates--which makes it ideal for color-treated hair--but it really didn't leave my hair feeling clean.  It didn't cause any buildup in my hair but it didn't really make me feel like my hair benefited from using it.  It smelled OK, at least, but I just wasn't a fan.
Kayla F.
I bought the liters of both this and the conditioner at Ulta's last liter sale in the summer. I knew I was planning on donating my hair and then dying it a completely different color in the early Fall. I had heard so many great things about Redken, and knew they had a great reputation so that's why I decided to try this combo out.

Since I wash my hair daily I wanted a shampoo/conditioner combo that would help me maintain my color, especially when I was paying for it to be done professionally. I also knew that hair could be more fragile after coloring so I wanted something to help strengthen my hair while also making it smooth & shiny.

I went to the salon and had my hair professionally dyed about 2 weeks ago and have been using this every day I've washed my hair. I love the way this smells and the fragrance lasts in my hair all day. It makes my hair really soft, shiny, it helps keep it moisturized and I feel like it's protecting my color.  Since my hair is shoulder length I only have to use about 2 pumps and it lathers enough that I can adequately get all my hair covered.

The liters will last me such a long time, but I would definitely repurchase this & the conditioner in the future.
Marta M.
Loved using Redkin color protection. Kept my highlights looking amazing they never went to that dull color when I was using this shampoo. Also kept my hair feeling soft and healthy didn't have any issues with this shampoo expect for it being pricey.  But alittle got you a long way that's what I loved about it. Switched to regular shampoo because I can't afford it at the moment and my hair doesn't feel as great as it once was with Redkin. Would recommend this product if you have the money to splurge.  It does make a difference in what shampoo you use on your hair.
Ayman A.
Orlando, FL
As someone with recently colored hair, I have been looking for protecting and color lasting products. This was recommended to my by my stylist, but I feel that it doesn’t live up to its hype, or at least isn’t suitable for my hair type. I felt the need to apply a lot of product to sufficiently wash my hair and yet it still didn’t feel clean. After my hair dried, it looked frizzy and more dead than usual even though it felt soft. I am still going to give this product a chance, but I do recommend researching if it is the best for your specific hair type.
Brittany A.
Philadelphia
This is one of my favorite shampoos simply for the smell and bc I know it’s protecting my color treated hair! Its sulfate and paraben free which is also a MUST for me.

But the smell is literally sooo amazing and lasts in my hair until my next wash. I have tight curly hair so i don’t usually wash every single day, usually 2-3 times a week, and people stop me all the time to comment on how good my hair smells when I walk by. My mother actually used this for years and i would always steal it from her bathroom bc i wanted my hair to smell like hers!
Nena S.
Santee, CA
DO NOT BUY THIS. I want a f@%$ing refund. I spent $200 getting my hair colored by my usual stylist and she did an amazing job, as always. I was using my regular shampoo for about a week, and the color was still really saturated. Then my friend told me that my shampoo could make the color come out faster and that I should try a shampoo that would make the color last longer. So I gave this a shot and after ONE wash, ALL the color in my hair came out. All of it. I’ve never experienced anything like this, and, frankly, I didn’t even know it was possible for a shampoo to remove all of your color after one use. This shampoo is basically a hair dye eraser. If I could give this 0 stars, I would. It’s a scam. I have to drop another $200 to get it redone a week after the original treatment. Worst product I’ve ever purchased in my life.
Katy S.
OH MY GOODNESS do I love me some Redken color extend Shampoo! I use this one when I get my hair colored. It locks the color in and it lasts longer than it would if I used any other shampoo; I always get the best results with Redken. It can be pricey, depending on where you go. I buy mine at Ulta, when they have a sale. It smells great and a little goes a long way! I recommend this shampoo to anyone who colors there hair often; especially with reds and violets! GO REDKEN GO!
Ana M.
Bloomington, IL
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! This is absolutely amazing for colored hair. It smells great and it makes my hair so soft and shiny. The best part though is that it actually locks in my hair colors. I use semi permanent dyes and I had it green when I started using it and it stayed for over a month without retouching it which is not very common for semi permanent colors (especially considering I was washing my hair in hot water).
abhipsa n.
I have always switched my shampoo and conditioner with various brands available..When I moved from Houston to california, coz of water change my hair was all dry and frizzy..my stylist recommended me about this product and trust me its the best one and i love it, i even recommended it to my other friends and they love it too.Colored hair needs this shampoo🤟🏻👌🏻
Shannon C.
What is the difference between this shampoo and the regular color formula?
Lily T.
Riverside , NJ
Does anyone feel that this extends their color?
This is the best shampoo out there, does anyone else use sulfate free shampoo?
Kaitlyn F.
Sale Creek, TN
Worth the hype? Has anyone tried this? What good does it do for your hair?
Melissa C.
Pottstown, PA
Can I still use my Paul Mitchell hair as other influensters say that it won't hurt my colored hair, I use this and I feel like it does nothing ...

back