Add a Photo

By RED VINES
#161 in Gummy Candy

Red Vines® candy is the deliciously rewarding treat that has been making special moments even sweeter for generations. Whether you pick-up the classic tray at the movie theater concession stand or bring them on a family road trip, Red Vines® candy has been an essential part of celebrating life’s sweet moments for decades.

Photos (115)
Alicia C.
Alicia C.
Williamstown, NJ

I've always been a "say it like you mean it" kind of person, and I won't stop now. I was not impressed by these, girls.

The taste is gross, the packaging is cumbersome, and the texture is this weird hybrid between sticky and slimey. I would never consider Red Vines over Twizzlers- they taste like Twizzlers that were run under tap water. They TASTE like a Twizzler knock off rather than a contender. For me to be eating one and think "man I'd much rather have a Twizzler" is something that a brand would never, ever want. They need to increase the level of taste in these because they almost taste like cherry water rather than a candy.
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
Staten Island, NY

Red Vines reminds me of California. I know that is a weird thing to say, but they do. Every Summer when I would go to Southern California as a kid and teenager I would snack on these. I live in NYC and these are kinda hard to find here, so when my mom went to California last year, she brought me back a 5lb tub of these! I was in heaven! These are chewier, and thicker than Twizzlers, they also taste more fruity. I hate Twizzlers, and that plasticy coating they have on them...Red Vines doesn' have that. These are one of my favorite candies...I just wish they were easier to find in NYC.
Kayleesha C.
Kayleesha C.
Spencer, IN

I received this product for free from Influester for testing purposes. This product gets a conflicted 3-star rating. My two siblings and I all tried this. My brother, who loves these kinds of candies, absolutely hated it. He took one bite and gave up. I agreed with him; they taste exactly like cheap cherry cough syrup. I really did not like them. My sister, however, really liked them. But she enjoys the taste of actual cheap cherry cough syrup. So I guess you'll like them if you like cough syrup...?
Tessa K.
Tessa K.
Diberville, MS

These came in my HCVoxBox, and personally, I'm not crazy about them, but I didn't mind them either. A lot of people said they're a less sweet alternative, and I have to agree, which is a plus for me. They're a nice little snack when studying because they aren't overly sticky or messy... unless you put them in your favorite drink, then it gets a little crazy. But they have a nice thicker consistency, and they're less likely to get gummed up in your teeth. I'd say definitely try them for yourself.
Samantha G.
Samantha G.
Tulsa, OK

I absolutely love these! I received these in my HCVoxBox for free to try and let me tell you, they are amazing! I was skeptical at first because I'm not a big fan of Twizzlers- weird, I know- and the one time I had previously tried red vines, they were old and gross. Now that I've finally tried fresh ones I love them so much! They taste better than Twizzlers, you can use them as a straw, and I think they have a better texture than Twizzlers. They're perfect.
Javene S.
Javene S.
Miami, FL 33126-1606, Florida

I'm not a fan of sweets like this but Red Vines was definitely not bad, in fact I prefer it over twizzlers! They are a bit too tough, chewy and dry for me but not a bad sweet to snack on. They also come in a nice big package that is appealing and obviously shows that it holds a lot of vines so you will get your money's worth. I received this product free from Influenster in the Honecoming Voxbox for testing and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Aubrey B.
Aubrey B.

When I got this in my homecoming voxbox, I was skeptical to try them because I've never liked redvines in the past... But I decided to give them a chance and came to the conclusion that I still am not a huge fan of them. It's not that they're gross tasting or anything like that, I think that it's just a matter of personal preference. So if you're wondering about them, you should try them and make your own choice- because a lot of people love them!
Jami B.
Jami B.

So I've always heard about these being the alternative to Twizzlers, and was curious about them, so when I got them in my Homecoming voxbox I was interested in trying them. Definitely not for me though. Twizzlers and I already have a contentious relationship, but Red Vines isn't going to wedge it's way between us. They taste more like licorice than I like, and almost have a fizziness to them that isn't great on its own.
Mlaikah N.
Mlaikah N.
Brooklyn, NY

I love twizzlers but i hate licorice . i was expecting to like this product but it tasted horrible i would not recommend these to someone who hates licorice as much as i do . i had recently tried them from my freind who got the homecoming vox box. i was so excited to try them but when i put it in my mouth i was just so sad that something that looks so good could taste like medicine
Francis S.
Francis S.

Twizzlers or Red Vines? Depends on your flavor preference. Both are good for different flavor profiles. Twizzlers have thicker texture, are chewier, and are sweeter. Red Vines are more hollow in the middle, have a rougher texture, and less sweet with more nostalgic notes. I like them both for varied reasons but the older I get the more I prefer Red Vines. Totally up to the person!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Willoughby, OH

I have never had Red Vines and I love licorice! Are they better than Twizzlers?
Mayra J.
Mayra J.

Does any theatre still sell these?
Meredith C.
Meredith C.

Does anybody else really love to use Red Vines as a straw when drinking soda?
Darienne T.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL

Do these taste like twizzlers
Olivia R.
Olivia R.
West Monroe, LA

I've always wanted to try these! Are they better than twizzlers?

Join Now