Red Rose® Simply Indulgent Tea
RED ROSE TEA
For generations, members of the Red Rose Family have shared life’s special moments over the perfect cup of tea. Now, Red Rose ensures the tradition continues with a range of full-bodied and decadent black tea blends, perfect for any occasion. All the indulgence, none of the calories.see more...
Top Questions See all 67 Q&A
- "I tried a cup of the Creme Caramel at the NYC Coffee and Tea Fest (nerd alert: I'm obsessed with tea) and also got a bag of it to take home (hurray for samples and swag!)." in 92 reviews
- "I don't care for the caramel one but I absolutely adore the lemon chiffon one which tastes and smells exactly like a wonderful lemon dessert!" in 77 reviews
- "The caramel flavor was a lot stronger than I thought it would be and I did feel like I was having a sweet treat without the calories." in 18 reviews
- "It was alright i didnt care for the cream caramel the lemon chiffon was better but i didnt like it to much more.My brother tried them both and liked the lemon chiffon tho.I will be trying the others i seen tho.I recieved this product complimentary from influenster." in 15 reviews
- "I received the Creme Caramel flavor in the J'adore Vox Box from Influenster, and had a sore throat, and had a cup right away, I added a little sugar, and honey, and a little bit of milk, it was great!" in 10 reviews
Moving on to the other tea flavor that was in my VoxBox, the "Creme Caramel". After my less than positive experience with the Lemon I was wary of the Creme Caramel. I was pleasantly surprised. After the appropriate amount of steeping time, I noticed that this cup of tea did not have the overwhelming scent that the first cup did. So, noting the pleasant scent, slight hints of caramel, I took a sip and again, pleasantly surprised. It had much more flavor than the lemon. It still tasted like tea, which I appreciated but I could detect definite notes of caramel in it. I wouldn't say that there is anything particularly 'cream-y' about the tea but if I added some milk or creamer to it, it might add some of that flavor or texture, but why ruin a good thing. Overall rating of the Red Rose teas? I'd give it a cumulative B. The Caramel gets an A, the lemon a C and that averages out a B.
I'm rather picky when it comes to tea, rarely finding any flavored ones I like and...
These ones are no different.
Sure, the unbrewed tea bags smell lovely; like the desserts themselves and I would love to just hang them up everywhere. But after brewing, they more so smelled more so of the lightly burnt versions.
Luckily they didn't taste as such; like a lightly sweet creamy clear liquid version of the desserts... sort of. Many will find this appealing, perhaps more so non-tea drinkers as I found little to no actually tea flavor. I oftened wondered if it had tea at all!
So I don't think this is a product I would normally buy, though it's not really a product I can call good or bad. It really depends on your taste.
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
I decided to drink the tea hoping something hot would soothe me. Firstly, the SMELL ALONE was enough to brighten my day. Seriously, I would wear a perfume of this stuff if they made it. Then, I brewed the tea and added about a tablespoon of my favorite Sweet Cream coffee creamer.
The result was the most rewarding, special and "just for me" moment I've had in days. I would prefer this combo to any coffee shop treat, and I can make it at home!!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos