BY VICTORIA AVENARD

Victoria Aveyard’s internationally beloved #1 New York Times bestseller is now in paperback!

Mare Barrow’s world is divided by blood—those with common, Red blood serve the Silver-blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities. Mare is a Red, scraping by as a thief in a poor, rural village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. There, before the king, princes, and all the nobles, she discovers she has an ability of her own.

To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess, and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks everything and uses her new position to help the Scarlet Guard—a growing Red rebellion—even as her heart tugs her in an impossible direction. One wrong move can lead to her death, but in the dangerous game she plays the only certainty is betrayal.

This sweeping story of palace intrigue, class hierarchy, and deception will keep readers hurtling along, desperate to find out Mare’s fate. Her honesty and determination, quick wit, and no-holds-barred attitude will surely make readers fall in love with her.

• IS there an audiobook version and is the reader enjoyable?2 Answers
  • Is this a good book? I was thinking of buying it.12 Answers
  • I just bought this book after having it on my wishlist fo...2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Elizabeth T.
Raleigh, NC
This book was recommended to me by my librarian and I’m so glad I picked it up. It has the same feel as many of the other Sci-Fi/Fantasy YA novels, but the story is v. cool. The books are a little long and some parts get a little dry but you will be so wrapped up in Mare’s life. Go check this out!
Tichina A.
Birmingham, AL
Absolutely love this book. Great YA novel with a great storyline. Would definitely recommend for those who have read or enjoyed the Hunger Games series. I’ve heard a lot of great praises about the author Victoria Avenard and will definitely be following this series!
Kayla W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is awesome! I loved learning about the different houses and their different powers. I despise Maven so much. Maven and the queen are evil. Cal is definitely the prince for me!
Victoria P.
This book is awesome! It's definitely something you pick up and can't put down. The characters and storyline are great. I've already recommended it to a few friends.
Jocelyn G.
Port Royal, SC
Really am loving this series! I am currently on King's Cage and I am anticipating her next novel which releases in 2018. This series mixes romance, sci-fi, adventure, and teenage angst all together in a dystopian future. If you love young adult novels/series as much as I do, I highly recommend you pick up this series. This story focuses on a society based upon class and hierarchy. There are two blood types in the world, red and silver. Silvers live a life of luxury and have special abilities, where as the red are common folk with no abilities, poor and the working class. Can Mare break the mold? This book has plot twists that you may not see coming.
Amber H.
Capodichino, Naples
ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book! It's right up there with Hunger Games, Divergent, Cinder (and probably even better). I loved that the author gave me tastes of romance without watering down the suspense and action with a sappy stuff (which can be good, but I'm kinda tired of having it drive the story in YA lit). The author never let the suspense slow down and kept be on my toes to the very last page. I'm devastated that I left the sequel at home.
Brooklynn T.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
This is by far the best novel I have ever come to read. The vibrancy of the words and details in this series helps tell an amazing story about secrets and organizations and war and magic and politics. If you rolled up all the genres into one you would get this amazing series. I will continue to read these until they stop being made
Adriana O.
Long Beach, CA
The first time I heard from this book... Well was me randomly picking it from the shelf for a last minute gift!! Turns out my friend fell in love with it!! At the first few chapters she was hooked. Now I found myself readingbtge book 😂😂
Kimberly K.
Absolutely love this series. I like to think about it as a mix between Hunger Games and Game of Thrones! I've read all 4 books and am anxious for the new one to come out! I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a new series to read. It's perfect for teens/young adults.
Sara H.
One of the quickest reads for young adults. Some parts you could see coming and some plot twists happened that were unbelievable. I read it in a day which is rare for me these days. If you like fantasy with some dystopia this is a great book for you to read.
Nicole K.
Swanton, OH
Is this a good book? I was thinking of buying it.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
Is this a good book? Is there more then one?🤔
Bianca R.
Colton, CA
I been wanting to read this book. I heard many conflicting reviews. Some say that it's super cliche and that there is no character development at all. Others also say that it is amazing and worth the read. Is this a good read?
haley w.
Denver, CO
IS there an audiobook version and is the reader enjoyable?
Berenice M.
I've been wanting to read this book. Can you guys give me a short summary of this book? What kind of genre is it? And is it worth the read?