BY VICTORIA AVENARD

Victoria Aveyard’s internationally beloved #1 New York Times bestseller is now in paperback!

Mare Barrow’s world is divided by blood—those with common, Red blood serve the Silver-blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities. Mare is a Red, scraping by as a thief in a poor, rural village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. There, before the king, princes, and all the nobles, she discovers she has an ability of her own.

To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess, and betroths her to one of his own sons. As Mare is drawn further into the Silver world, she risks everything and uses her new position to help the Scarlet Guard—a growing Red rebellion—even as her heart tugs her in an impossible direction. One wrong move can lead to her death, but in the dangerous game she plays the only certainty is betrayal.

This sweeping story of palace intrigue, class hierarchy, and deception will keep readers hurtling along, desperate to find out Mare’s fate. Her honesty and determination, quick wit, and no-holds-barred attitude will surely make readers fall in love with her.

• IS there an audiobook version and is the reader enjoyable?2 Answers
  • Is this a good book? I was thinking of buying it.12 Answers
  • I just bought this book after having it on my wishlist fo...2 Answers
Ana Carolina C.
Lakewood , CO
My favorite fiction book! Victoria Avenard knows how to write a good history. The characters in this book are awesome. I love well written characters. Each of the characters Victoria introduces into her storyline all have a purpose for being in it. One of the things I really liked, was not being able to know who to fully trust. Mare has to learn to not only guard her heart, she also has to learn who to trust. In a game of politics, and power, she has to quickly learn who's a friend and who's her enemy, before it's too late.
Andrea D.
Dallas
Bookworm Expert Level 1
It is about people after World War 3. The weapons used cause them to develop mutations causing some to have abilities. Those with abilities become superior(people with silver blood) and opress normal people (people with red blood). So a girl with abilities with red blood gets her self. At the end of the book I'm crying. It feels me with so much passion for the story it is amazing.
Kayla W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is awesome! I loved learning about the different houses and their different powers. I despise Maven so much. Maven and the queen are evil. Cal is definitely the prince for me!
Tichina A.
Birmingham, AL
Absolutely love this book. Great YA novel with a great storyline. Would definitely recommend for those who have read or enjoyed the Hunger Games series. I’ve heard a lot of great praises about the author Victoria Avenard and will definitely be following this series!
Lori M.
Love historical books and movies.  This was a good read and would love to see what she comes up with next.  Liked the storyline and characters, especially showing a woman wit grit and determination.
Kenyetta W.
Bristow
I love this book! It was full of twist and turns. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I just started the next book, and I can’t wait to see what happens with the characters.
Jocelyn G.
Port Royal, SC
Really am loving this series! I am currently on King's Cage and I am anticipating her next novel which releases in 2018. This series mixes romance, sci-fi, adventure, and teenage angst all together in a dystopian future. If you love young adult novels/series as much as I do, I highly recommend you pick up this series. This story focuses on a society based upon class and hierarchy. There are two blood types in the world, red and silver. Silvers live a life of luxury and have special abilities, where as the red are common folk with no abilities, poor and the working class. Can Mare break the mold? This book has plot twists that you may not see coming.
Amber H.
phoenix
Bookworm Expert Level 4
ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book! It's right up there with Hunger Games, Divergent, Cinder (and probably even better). I loved that the author gave me tastes of romance without watering down the suspense and action with a sappy stuff (which can be good, but I'm kinda tired of having it drive the story in YA lit). The author never let the suspense slow down and kept be on my toes to the very last page. I'm devastated that I left the sequel at home.
Brooklynn T.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
This is by far the best novel I have ever come to read. The vibrancy of the words and details in this series helps tell an amazing story about secrets and organizations and war and magic and politics. If you rolled up all the genres into one you would get this amazing series. I will continue to read these until they stop being made
Adriana O.
Long Beach, CA
The first time I heard from this book... Well was me randomly picking it from the shelf for a last minute gift!! Turns out my friend fell in love with it!! At the first few chapters she was hooked. Now I found myself readingbtge book 😂😂
Nicole K.
Swanton, OH
Is this a good book? I was thinking of buying it.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Is this a good book? Is there more then one?🤔
Simona C.
ottawa, ON
can i buy it on amazon or any close stores in ottawa?
Samantha W.
Henryetta, OK
What did you least like about this book and why?
Victoria F.