BY RED LION HOTELS

Red Lion Hotels
  • "Gorgeous hotels with big,clean,comfortable rooms,great concierge staff and dining,My husband and i would stay again " in 5 reviews
Lanae C.
Everett, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The check in was terrible. Took forever and the woman helping me was rude and dismissive. Was given a room on the ground floor looking at the parking lot when what I booked online said a room with a view on a top floor. No customer service from her. Had to go to a manager who then gave me a room upgrade and free parking. They’ve definitely upgraded from what they have been in the past.
Debra P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I've only stayed in one Red Lion location - in Anaheim, near the Disneyland Resort and the Convention Center - and I would recommend it again for the purposes of visiting the Disney theme parks. It's within walking distance of Disneyland (at least for two adults without mobility issues, as well as active families); there also a convenient Anaheim Resort Transit stop nearby. The Red Lion is relatively inexpensive for its much-in-demand location, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff very friendly. Red Lion is a value stay for the location, which means the amenities are relatively minimal but well suited to those who are most likely to stay there, tourists interested in Disneyland and perhaps other Southern California destinations. The rooms are fairly spacious for families, in-room fridge and microwave, a pool and fire pit, and a serviceable breakfast option (often complimentary) via the on-site restaurant. Of course, there are hotel packages with the Disneyland guest in mind. And big bonus points for free parking and being pet friendly! Red Lion does offer some amenities for the business traveler, including complimentary wifi, and the decor tends toward that direction with a clean, modern look. But I'd be more likely to stay at a designated business hotel chain over the Red Lion Anaheim. Maybe because I'd find it hard to stay away from Disneyland since it's that close. Hah! Still, for the leisure traveler on a budget to the Anaheim area, Red Lion offers a lot for the price.
Sarah W.
Robinson
We stayed at the Hotel RL in Omaha when visiting the zoo. Aesthetically the hotel was amazing, and it offered some wonderful instagram-able areas. Unfortunately, though, the layout was not wonderful. Everything was too spread out. I also felt that the prices at the on site restaurant were unreasonable.
Gina G.
Clovis, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Red Lion hotel is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms were super nice. Service was great. A little priceyer than your average hotels but worth it. I've only stayed at a red lion one time.. had a good time.
Denise R.
Wellton
The rooms are clean and very nice, the pool/hot tub area is well taken care of, the best breakfast we’ve had without paying and the complimentary happy hour is a great added touch. Strongly recommend this hotel.
Hannah H.
Fallon, NV
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
We stayed at a Red Lion Hotel in Anahiem, Ca for 5 nights. Although the room was nice and the hotels proximity to Disneyland was perfect, the experience was not that great. The elevators were being repaired, leaving one elevator operating in the building at a time. Being 7 months pregnant with a pelvic problem I could not take the stairs, this made for 10-20 minute elevator waits, which is crazy. Being in Southern California we wanted to take advantage of the pool and the hot weather, the pool was freezing and always fully shaded by the hotels buildings. We also paid an additional $12/night "resort fee" this hotel is NOT a resort. We were also forced to pay $14/night to park our car...
Nicole K.
N Chesterfld, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I have only stayed in a Red Lion hotel twice, and I had very different experiences. I stayed at the one in Seattle years ago, and it was very nice. But I stayed at the one in Salt Lake City and I was not impressed. Not very clean, staff was rude, and the hotel was very outdated. We were staying on an upper level, and there was something metal banging against the side of the building. It didn't sound right (like something had come loose and might fall on someone)and was really noisy all night long. We informed the staff upon checking out and they were rude and didn't care. It was also really hard parking around the SLC location as well.
Reichal W.
Conroe, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Rooms are always spacious and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They always take care of my family of 5 no matter how late we check in.
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
I stayed at the Red Lion in Anaheim for a family trip. The rates were affordable and the hotel was pretty nice. Nothing fancy but definitely better than a Holiday Inn type of hotel. Great amenities. They had a restaurant, gift shop, nice pool area, free smores by the fire pit nightly. It's just minutes from Disneyland and there's also an IHOP right next door. Easy check in and check out. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Would definitely stay here again.
Rebecca H.
I have stayed here a few times for my Youth Groups annual convention. I like it much better then the place we were staying at before. They had more then one pool, which when you have a state wide youth group there, its a good thing. The only issue we seemed to have is our cards to our rooms kept recoding. And we were extra careful not to put them near other cards, magnets or our phones. But the staff was nice about recoding them when this happened.
Saka J.
Tampa, FL
Does this hotel chain still exist? I never see them.
Christy M.
Morgan Hill, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Where can I find current deals on this hotel?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
1,730 reviews
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone stayed at this hotel?
Stephanie H.
North Hills, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
The red lion I saw was kind of ghetto looking. How is the hotel normally?
Rachel S.
San Lorenzo, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've never seen one of these around? Where are these hotels mainly located?