Recreational Equipment Inc
- "We send HUNDREDS of people to REI every year for good reason -- no one beats REI's pack fitters, no one beats REI's customer service, and no one beats REI's product quality." in 18 reviews
- "But they do have a good sales schedule and I've heard awesome things about their return policy (never needed to test it out myself!" in 14 reviews
- "Great store if you know what you're looking for and they specialize in it (mainly outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking)." in 12 reviews
- "We've also found that they have a great selection for making BOB's or emergency packs for those just in case moments. " in 9 reviews
- "Their shoe selection for running is a bit on the scarce side- so I suggest a specialty running shoe store for those, otherwise- REI is the place to go for outdoor gear/wear." in 7 reviews
They're a little on the expensive side, but everything is well tested and of great quality. Most REIs have backpacking courses or other outdoor programs, so you can learn how to make the best of what you buy.
Love REI – knowledgeable staff, quality products, and great values. I belong to the coop and love collecting points. Plus, they are happy to let customers exchange or return products that wear out or have defaults. The REI branded gear are quality alternatives to the more expensive brands.
I've never had a bad experience at REI. The salespeople are super knowledgable and helpful. They make recommendations only after asking plenty of questions and don't try to sell the most expensive product.
This is my go-to store for outdoor gear. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. They have some good sales throughout the year. And you can return things that you do not like even after using and years later! I returned a sleeping bag that I used 2-3 times about 8 months after I bought it.
As a Scout Leader and an outdoor enthuasist we spend a lot of money at REI every year. Buy a canoe with your dividens kind of money. They carry most of the top lines, and a fair selection of affordable options for all the big (and a lot of the small) outdoor activities. If you need it, they've got it, just beware of the price- they can be high on some basic things that you can pick up else where.
I love REI and shop there regularly. They have a great selection of hiking(and other) gear and a top notch return policy. I always find the staff to be knowledgeable and passionate about the products when I go in to the store. It's certainly not a cheap place to shop, but they have good sales and send out 20% off coupons periodically.
I've used REI for a multitude of adventures - everything from mountain biking to hiking to overnight outdoor backpacking. They have great supplies, really informative staff, and incredible rental prices. Check out their rentals for backpacking - no need to purchase the expensive equipment if you only go once or twice a year! Also, if you are a member you can save a lot! It's a lifetime membership, and you'll definitely get your money's worth.
Fantastic store for all of your outdoor needs. I bought a north face jacket here in the 11th grade and backpack in 12 still have both in excellent condition 10 years later. Helpful staff great products. Win win
Such a great store!!! I love how they have everything out for you to see and examine before you buy! :) the workers are always super knowledgable and helpful! :) they also have great discounts when you signup for their rewards!! :)
The sales are great, the membership program is incredible, and you can't beat their return policy. Hands down best store for hiking gear. Sales associates all know their stuff from personal experience - they will never try to push an item that they can't stand behind.
Q & A
What's your favorite section in the store?
How many times do you go check out the REI store?
Are you a member?
Do you use the climbing walls in your local REI?
Is the membership fee an annual fee? Is it a waste of money or is it really a good deal?