BY RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT

Recreational Equipment Inc
  • "We send HUNDREDS of people to REI every year for good reason -- no one beats REI's pack fitters, no one beats REI's customer service, and no one beats REI's product quality." in 18 reviews
  • "But they do have a good sales schedule and I've heard awesome things about their return policy (never needed to test it out myself!" in 14 reviews
  • "Great store if you know what you're looking for and they specialize in it (mainly outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking)." in 12 reviews
  • "We've also found that they have a great selection for making BOB's or emergency packs for those just in case moments. " in 9 reviews
  • "Their shoe selection for running is a bit on the scarce side- so I suggest a specialty running shoe store for those, otherwise- REI is the place to go for outdoor gear/wear." in 7 reviews
Amber M.
Los Lunas, NM
REI is pretty neat its one of those stores that you go into and think ok I need that that and that. They have everything you will need for camping back packing and a few other outdoor related activities. They are really pricey so you should be prepared to spend money while there. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable.
Lindsey M.
Tampa, FL
I love REI for their selection, quality and customer-friendly approach. The REI brand is high quality and an incredible value next to the name brands out there.

I just wish there was an REI store in my area! Most of what REI sells I prefer to touch and feel and try on before I buy which makes online shopping difficult!
Noelle B.
Berkeley , CA
First and foremost, REI is a great company. You can join as a co-op member and it is customer run. Along with this there are really excellent sales. The employees are always friendly and very knowledgeable, and the customer service is some of the best I've experienced. Employees in the store are not only outdoors enthusiasts themselves who can tell you about their experiences with the products, they can also tell you about trails and climbs in the area. They carry a great assortment of products. I shop here often!
Ali C.
This store is fantastic! They have an amazing selection, and I have found great clothes that I can use for skiing, horseback riding, and even just walking around campus. Their customer service is great, as well. I would definitely recommend checking them out if you are at all interested in any outdoor activities.
Hannah E.
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
LOVE LOVE LOVE REI! They have so many great products from the best in camping, hiking, biking, climbing and more. My fiancé and I even registered here for our wedding. They send typed little notes with each of the gifts from the sender. They even have advice and classes to learn more about outdoor activities!
Josh G.
Villa Rica, GA
REI is such a good store to shop at. Whenever I drive by one, I have to stop in. The employees are very helpful and they always have a great selection of merchandise. I would highly recommend you go here first when you're shopping for anything outdoor! Love them!
Erica Y.
Brooklyn, NY
REI has everything you're looking for and everything you didn't think you needed (but now you can't imagine your life without it). Their staff is always super friendly and helpful. Every now and again they have AMAZING sales. The other day I got a NorthFace windbreaker for $35!! The original price was around $130. I highly recommend this place to everyone.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
REI is amazing. I spent time on the East Coast for grad school and was soooooo sad when I walked into EMS....a sorry knock-off excuse for an REI want to be. Become a member and get the CC card - I get a huge dividend back every year!!! And free shipping to the stores from their site! And REI outlet.com too!!!!
Stephany B.
Salt Lake City, UT
I love REI, they associates are always very friendly..though sometimes to a fault when many ask you over and over how you're doing, but I can never get upset with them for that, I've worked retail, I understand. Recently I rented some cross country skiing equipment from them and they were so helpful considering I had never even been on skis before. They gave me some recommendations on an easy beginner trail to go to. I also returned them a few hours late and they had no problem with it.
Rachel F.
Shafer, MN
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
One of our favorite outdoor brands/stores to shop at. Great store layout at everyone I've been in, clean too! Customer service has always been on par and I've never ever had an issue. Definitely would recommend.
Delmy O.
New Orleans, LA
What's your favorite section in the store?
Laurie T.
Auburn, WA
How many times do you go check out the REI store?
Robyn W.
Are you a member?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Do you use the climbing walls in your local REI?
Jacquelyn C.
Is the membership fee an annual fee? Is it a waste of money or is it really a good deal?