BY RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT

Recreational Equipment Inc
  • "We send HUNDREDS of people to REI every year for good reason -- no one beats REI's pack fitters, no one beats REI's customer service, and no one beats REI's product quality." in 18 reviews
  • "But they do have a good sales schedule and I've heard awesome things about their return policy (never needed to test it out myself!" in 14 reviews
  • "Great store if you know what you're looking for and they specialize in it (mainly outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking)." in 12 reviews
  • "We've also found that they have a great selection for making BOB's or emergency packs for those just in case moments. " in 9 reviews
  • "Their shoe selection for running is a bit on the scarce side- so I suggest a specialty running shoe store for those, otherwise- REI is the place to go for outdoor gear/wear." in 7 reviews
Courtney M.
YPSILANTI, MI
REI products haven't let me down and I always find the best selection at their stores. They have a grasp on what's currently wanted on the market and ahead of the curb. I feel like I find the next newest and incentive gear here when I'm planning my next adventure.
Katie B.
Kalamazoo, MI
Rei can be expensive, but for an avid backpacker, it's actually less expensive than may other places for the quality of their products. Become a co-op member, and you'll get money back for what you spend. They will also allow you to return anything, at any time.

For the weekend car camper, this isn't your best option. For serious hikers, bikers, and backpackers who need quality products, this truly is the place to be.
Lizzette P.
This store is a great place to go when you are looking for guidance about the outdoors and what to do. They have everything you can think of and you realize you have to buy the whole store! LOL Price can be pricey but anything you buy will be worth it because all the products they sell are durable and high quality. Customer service is awesome and knowledgeable.
Mariah R.
Bloomington, MN
REI is a great place to go if you're a huge outdoors person. I'm not super into the outdoor life, so it's not my favorite store personally, but they have a great variety of gear! I feel like the products they carry are high quality, but a tad expensive for me.
Dani D.
Louisville, KY
REI is one of the best outdoor retailers. However, one of the best things about REI often goes overlooked. They provide a wealth of information and resources to help you plan your outdoor activities, offering packing lists for every type of camping trip available, and a whole section of their website is wholly devoted to teaching and sharing information about loving the outdoors. They also offer opportunities to get involved in natural stewardship, which is something I love in any company.
Melissa K.
Augusta, MI
If you are a member, you can return any item bought at any time for any reason. Since they can't put the items back on the floor they occasionally hold a "garage sale". At the last garage sale I went to I got a hammock that was originally over $60.00 for under $20.00 and a pair of climbing shoes that were originally $140.00 for $52.00. Love this store!!!
Cassie R.
Medford , OR
Shopped here once and I was very disappointed. Their prices are ridiculous! The staff didn't know much about the products and their inventory isn't anymore of a better quality than anyone else! You're simply paying for the brand name! Not worth it!!
Nicole S.
I have been going to REI for years, and now have one walking distance from work. I have to be careful when browsing during lunch hour because I never leave empty handed. They have everything I need for my outdoor activities. They always have adequate stock and the store is well organized. Their employees are friendly and super knowledgable. I also love that I can shop online and pick it up in store.
laura t.
palm desert, CA
I have been shopping at RED for 14 years now. I spent 6 months in the back country in Yosemite and I still have all of the gear I bought there. The products they sale are the from the best companies and definitely stand up to the true outdoorsman. I also love their selection of clothing. I recently bought a dress there that dries quickly. So it's perfect for looking girlie while fishing :)
Samantha F.
Bupyeong, Incheon, South Korea
Not only does REI offer a one-stop shop for all of your outdoor adventure and sporting needs, but it is also a place that employs professional experts, some stores even feature rock walls indoors, and is an experience on its own to shop there.

I always look to REI to fill my needs first because I know I may have to pay a little extra, but I'll receive advice and a money-back guarantee. I have learned from REI staff, even when I thought I had nothing to learn. I know I'll always keep going back to REI whenever I need anything!
Delmy O.
New Orleans, LA
What's your favorite section in the store?
Laurie T.
Seattle, WA
How many times do you go check out the REI store?
Robyn W.
Are you a member?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Do you use the climbing walls in your local REI?
Jacquelyn C.
Is the membership fee an annual fee? Is it a waste of money or is it really a good deal?