BY RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT

Recreational Equipment Inc
  • "We send HUNDREDS of people to REI every year for good reason -- no one beats REI's pack fitters, no one beats REI's customer service, and no one beats REI's product quality." in 18 reviews
  • "But they do have a good sales schedule and I've heard awesome things about their return policy (never needed to test it out myself!" in 14 reviews
  • "Great store if you know what you're looking for and they specialize in it (mainly outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking)." in 12 reviews
  • "We've also found that they have a great selection for making BOB's or emergency packs for those just in case moments. " in 9 reviews
  • "Their shoe selection for running is a bit on the scarce side- so I suggest a specialty running shoe store for those, otherwise- REI is the place to go for outdoor gear/wear." in 7 reviews
Susie E.
Santa Fe, NM
This store has everything!!! Their shoe selection for running is a bit on the scarce side- so I suggest a specialty running shoe store for those, otherwise- REI is the place to go for outdoor gear/wear.
Leslie L.
Phoenix, AZ
REI is the perfect place to stock up on supplies before a big trek. It's a one stop shop! I brought a friend to REI once that "didn't like camping" and she spent more money than I did on cold weather gear. At rei.com they have a great outlet section where true deals can be had.
Diane R.
Seattle, WA
LOVE REI, but there's no way I could shop there exclusively for all my gear. That being said, the staff is always exceptionally helpful & their products are really durable. They also have some of the more innovative gadgets around.
Samantha
Joshua, TX
If you love the outdoors, then you know that REI makes good quality products that you can trust. If your life doesn't revolve around this lifestyle, then you'll probably be a little set back by the prices but it's absolutely worth it!
Jamie J.
REI is the place to be. Their prices are just right, and the quality is more than I would find at a Target or Walmart for the same items. It is exactly what I want. When I needed a bike helmet, REI was the place. They were even nice enough to tell us that we had store credit to use! Can you imagine Wal-mart doing that?
Maya M.
Seattle, WA
I love buying my NorthFace's here when I need them for winter time. I would recommend buying winter wear in the summer so it would be cheaper. Super good quality jackets. would last you for many years. Great store for nature people :)
Kristen P.
Norfolk, VA
Great store if you know what you're looking for and they specialize in it (mainly outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking). They have minimal running clothing options. What they do have seems to be great quality.
Christina G.
Philadelphia, PA
In the middle of winter, I was leaving for Belize and wanted gear that would keep the bugs away. REI is the only place that I know of that has bug repellant clothing all year round. They have a nice selection of bug repellant gear, sprays, etc. They are a bit expensive but worth it not to get a ton of bug bites.
Anne P.
Olympia, WA
There's so much stuff at REI that you could spend a whole day just walking around in there. I really like their variety of brands and equipment. They're also really nice about returns/exchanges!
Emma M.
New Almaden, CA
I love this store! they have so many options of outdoor products it almost makes me dizzy! The prices are sometimes a bit steep, but when you get what you pay for its not that big of a deal!
Delmy O.
New Orleans, LA
What's your favorite section in the store?
Laurie T.
Seattle, WA
How many times do you go check out the REI store?
Robyn W.
Are you a member?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Do you use the climbing walls in your local REI?
Jacquelyn C.
Is the membership fee an annual fee? Is it a waste of money or is it really a good deal?