Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA

Do you use the climbing walls in your local REI?
Megan C.
Megan C.
Jan. 4, 2016, 6:48 a.m.
If they still had one :(
Gabrielle B.
Gabrielle B.
July 5, 2015, 11:33 p.m.
No but they look like a ton of fun!
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Jan. 8, 2013, 10:52 a.m.
I wish there was a closer REI to where I live now. However Ive never climbed the wall when I lived in NC.
Julia D.
Julia D.
Dec. 30, 2012, 6:58 p.m.
I did when I was younger, and we also bought rocks from them and my dad built a small climbing wall for me and my brother =)
Chloe B.
Chloe B.
Nov. 27, 2012, 12:35 p.m.
Mine doesn't have one....?
M K.
M K.
Nov. 23, 2012, 1:18 p.m.
I tried using one once, but I was too young to be good at climbing.
Kyle R.
Kyle R.
Nov. 10, 2012, 8:28 a.m.
I've never used them but I'd love to. Just need to get over my fear of heights first.
Margaret B.
Margaret B.
Nov. 9, 2012, 10:40 a.m.
I have done it once. It is a great kid-friendly activity and can make a day out to REI a lot more fun!
Erika D.
Erika D.
Nov. 7, 2012, 9:14 p.m.
No, I do not. The stores I visit do not have any.
Robyn W.
Robyn W.
Nov. 2, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
Yes I do! I am a member so it it free for me to climb but a non menber has to pay 5 dollars. My store has expert belayers and I fell very safe when I am there with my family. Its such a great way to burn some energy and have a great time.
Candice D.
Candice D.
Oct. 29, 2012, 8:54 p.m.
The one near me here doesn't have one but the one's that I have seen always have kids on them. I like the idea of being able to feel how the gear is on befre you buy but sometimes their walls seem a bit geared towards the kids.
Brigitte W.
Brigitte W.
Oct. 16, 2012, 6:53 p.m.
I haven't climbed there in a long time, but it is a good place to start out. See if you like the feel of climbing and what the gear looks like.
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
Oct. 16, 2012, 8:44 a.m.
I have never used a rock wall at an REI but i climb regularly and i just think that the one where i live doesn't have one.
Wendy M.
Wendy M.
Oct. 11, 2012, 9:02 a.m.
A number of REI stores offer a climbing wall or freestanding pinnacle where you can learn. I personally have never used them.

Join Now