BY RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT

Recreational Equipment Inc
  • "We send HUNDREDS of people to REI every year for good reason -- no one beats REI's pack fitters, no one beats REI's customer service, and no one beats REI's product quality." in 18 reviews
  • "But they do have a good sales schedule and I've heard awesome things about their return policy (never needed to test it out myself!" in 14 reviews
  • "Great store if you know what you're looking for and they specialize in it (mainly outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, kayaking)." in 12 reviews
  • "We've also found that they have a great selection for making BOB's or emergency packs for those just in case moments. " in 9 reviews
  • "Their shoe selection for running is a bit on the scarce side- so I suggest a specialty running shoe store for those, otherwise- REI is the place to go for outdoor gear/wear." in 7 reviews
Cindy H.
Living in Denver, CO I love REI! It's the mother of all outdoors stores! I can always count on REI employees to be knowledgeable and give me recommendations based on personal experience. Shopping there is a treat because I get to try out all the gear I want! If only I could afford it all! If you're looking for anything outdoors related (gear, clothing, etc.) this is your place!
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Oh how much we enjoy this store . We don't have it anywhere close to us but each time we travel through Nashville we stop at th is store . We hike a lot as a family and this store just breaths in some ideas for us each time we are there . Soon we want to rent a RV. Or maybe even buy one in near future and this will be the store we will be in a lot for all the little gadgets ūüėĀūüėĀūü§£
Sarah A.
Caledonia, MI
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
What a great brand! It's one of my go-to for a lot of my outdoor gear. No, it's not the cheapest store with racks full of clearance items, but the quality of products is top notch. I am a member and love collecting my points at the end of the year. They carry a large variety of great brands and always have something I want. I also really like the company, they are passionate about the outdoors.
Jordan B.
Hanford, CA
REI is a great store especially if you have specific outdoor equipment needs. They can be a bit pricey but I think going into their stores is an experience and makes it worth it. I love what they stand for and they really encouraged me to "opt outside" on black friday.
Myranda E.
Fitspiration Expert Level 2
REI is my go to outdoor gear and apparel store and has been my whole life. They carry great products including their own line, variety of price points, plus they offer great rewards. I love their #optoutside movement as well.
Darrian T.
Smithville, TN
It is a bit pricey, but being a member of the store is well worth the money! You can buy equipment/clothes, use them/try them out, and as long as its within a year, they will let you return them! They don't care what condition it is in!!! Well worth the money!
Kelly P.
best place to shop outdoor gear. their prices can be beat online but their return policy and customer service cannot be beat anywhere. just get a membership and see what i mean!!!
Shannon B.
Charlotte, NC
REI is the outdoor store to go to. If you're shopping online, their website is easy to navigate to find exactly what you're looking for. And it's very easy to get a hold of customer service if any issues or questions arise. If you're shopping in-store, I have found that REI prides themselves in having very knowledgeable employees who don't judge you if you seem to have no idea what you're talking about. They carry a huge variety of products and brands and their name brand tends to be some of the best. The reason I wish I could give them a 6 star review? They're customer service. If you buy one of their products and something goes wrong, they'll replace or exchange them for you at no extra cost (think of the movie Wild and how they replaced her boots that were too small).
Marsha P.
Fresno, CA
You cannot beat REI for outdoor sports equipment especially hiking gear. They are simply the best but what I love the most about them is how they empower girls and sponsor programs for youth in the community. I know several girls who got full scholarship's to a summer program called passages northwest because of REI's support. One of those young lady's went on to pursue her passion in hiking as an adult and all of her equipment comes from REI because REI is quality
Neith J.
Wonderfully knowledgable staff with great products. In the past we've also contacted them to send highly trained folks out to our kids' scout meetings to provide free training for the kids! The best was when we taught them orienteering skills, compass reading, GPS use, how to read topographic maps, and more, then I had planted a few geocaches in the woods behind the meeting place that would use each skill! The man that REI sent was a college geology teacher and he loved joining us for the geocache hunt!
Delmy O.
New Orleans, LA
What's your favorite section in the store?
Laurie T.
Seattle, WA
How many times do you go check out the REI store?
Robyn W.
Are you a member?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Do you use the climbing walls in your local REI?
Jacquelyn C.
Is the membership fee an annual fee? Is it a waste of money or is it really a good deal?