Rebound By Sagebrush Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive

by Rebound By Sagebrush

This book chronicles the unforgettable account of one of the most severe child abuse cases in California history. It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous, unpredictable games-games that left him nearly dead. He had to learn how to play his mother's games in order to survive because she no longer considered him a son, but a slave; and no longer a boy, but an "it."Dave's bed was an old army cot in the basement, and his clothes were torn and raunchy. When his mother allowed him the luxury of food, it was nothing more than spoiled scraps that even the dogs refused to eat. The outside world knew nothing of his living nightmare. He had nothing or no one to turn to, but his dreams kept him alive-dreams of someone taking care of him, loving him and calling him their son.

Such an amazing sad book.. I really love reading books like this even though awful thing go on in them. What other books are similar?
I've been debating reading this for a while now, just haven't made myself do it.
Has anyone ever heard the brothers side of the story?
Start your review of Rebound By Sagebrush Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive!
How would you rate this product?
Corpus Christi, TX
This book is based on a true story about a boy living a very abused neglectful life
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Wow this author is fantastic, in the way the book is written, really makes you feel like your living in this emotional story line would recommend tissues at the ready as I sobbed my heat out.
Ajman
Rebound By Sagebrush Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive uploaded by Perihan A.
It was really true great story about a child who suffered a childhood abuse (from his mother side) and his mother’s daily routine of abusing him and how she was satisfied with what she is doing, the memoir is great to read. It was a pdf file I lost 😭 but it is easy to search online
Howden, Livingston
I have the full collection. Such a gripping read every word is so powerful and so sad. Finishing all books you must read A brothers journey by Dave Peltzers brother Richard. Hearing both sides of the story is what makes it such a fantastic read. It's a book you can read and read again and still feel the pain and suffering and cry as you move through each chapter.
Acton, ON
1,169 reviews
this book is very emotional but its a super good read, i had to read it in school and i really enjoyed it, it could have a lot of triggers in it for some people so i would read what it is about before getting it to read
Honolulu, HI
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book broke my heart. I fell in love with this story. It's gripping and emotional to the max. It really opens your eyes to the cruelty of the human race and the will to live. I highly recommend this book to anyone!
Hunslet, Leeds
This book is amazing the courage this boy had is heartbreaking. You really need a strong stomach to read this x if you hace then youll be amazed, shocked amd stunned all at the same time.
This novel from Dave Pelzer ist so great and emotional written. What amazes me most about this book is, that Dave, the author writes about his real childhood. It's so emotional and cruel.
Omg where to start I absolutely loved this book the story is super sad & heartbreaking but to come out of this experience & to write about it is amazing ! I truly would recommend this to everyone who loves a tear jerker but also a sad story but happy ending .
Birmingham ,
A friend recommended this to me as I love to read true stories and oh my goodness I was so blown away. From the very first page the detail in the authors writing was so engaging I couldn't put the book down. A truly heartbreaking story of abuse and the affects it can have on a young person. Definitely recommend this to any book lovers who like true stories.