Rebound By Sagebrush Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive

by Rebound By Sagebrush

This book chronicles the unforgettable account of one of the most severe child abuse cases in California history. It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous, unpredictable games-games that left him nearly dead. He had to learn how to play his mother's games in order to survive because she no longer considered him a son, but a slave; and no longer a boy, but an "it."Dave's bed was an old army cot in the basement, and his clothes were torn and raunchy. When his mother allowed him the luxury of food, it was nothing more than spoiled scraps that even the dogs refused to eat. The outside world knew nothing of his living nightmare. He had nothing or no one to turn to, but his dreams kept him alive-dreams of someone taking care of him, loving him and calling him their son.

Such an amazing sad book.. I really love reading books like this even though awful thing go on in them. What other books are similar?
I've been debating reading this for a while now, just haven't made myself do it.
Has anyone ever heard the brothers side of the story?
Start your review of Rebound By Sagebrush Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive!
How would you rate this product?
St Helens, St Helens
I really enjoyed reading this book, although it is heartbreaking. It is written very well and you want to continue reading until the book it finished
CONSTANTINE
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Believe me guys this book is the best ever. this book is goal for real. the plot is amazing and the authors style is so flowless
Moncton, NB
An absolutely amazing book! Very heart breaking what they put this child through. I couldn't put it down when I read it.