BY REAL TECHNIQUES #35 in Facial Makeup Brushes

View larger
About the Stippling Brush

This dual fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high definition results with all types of makeup.

About the Brushes
  • Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever.
  • Synthetic bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since our bristles are synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.
  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.
  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.
Brush Care Tips

We always love sharing our tips on proper brush care, since clean brushes create the best makeup results. We suggest using a brush cleanser to wash them every week if used daily. Here are some step-by-step instructions: Wet the brush with warm water, being careful not to fully immerse the base of the bristles. Place a pea-sized drop of brush cleanser (or any mild cleanser like baby shampoo) in the palm of your hand. Swirl the bristles in the cleanser in a circular motion until the brush is fully lathered. Rinse the bristles, squeezing from the base to the tips to remove excess water. Repeat until the water runs clear and all makeup is removed from the brush. Reshape the bristles to their original form and lay the brush down on a flat surface to dry. You can also gently brush bristles on paper towel to remove buildup.

(Tip: Wash brushes at night so they are dry and ready for use in the morning.)

Makeup Artist Sam Chapman
About Sam

Samantha Chapman lives outside London, England and is a mother of two. She is in high demand as a makeup artist and is a top-rated YouTube beauty guru with 170 million hits and counting. The press acknowledges her as an expert in her field; she is frequently quoted and regularly appears in national and regional press. Sam's makeup artistry has appeared in publications including Harper's, Tatler, Brides, Elle, and Cosmo. In the last 15 years, she has worked with top photographers including Nick Knight and Lord Snowdon. Sam also works with celebrities including Sir Paul McCartney, Peaches Geldof, Ashley Tisdale, Charlotte Church, and more. Sam is in constant demand by private clients and students seeking training in her Pixiwoo beauty bootcamps.

• Would this be good for applying foundation?4 Answers
  • Is this good to apply bronzer? It is it too dense like to...2 Answers
  • In search of a stippling brush. How does this hold up com...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "this brush to contour my face is indicated as it leaves a thin and elegant finish without wasting product apart your hairs are soft and firm not fall and is of very good quality and very good preficio I love this brand of brushes and brushes my face when makeup" in 76 reviews
  • "Love using this brush to apply cream blush, it gives a natural finish and blends product seamlessly into the skin. I love this brush so much I bought 2 and use one for applying bronzer on natural days when I want a subtle bronzed effect to bring warmth back into my complexion. I highly recommend!" in 75 reviews
  • "I love this Real Techniques brush, it works great for liquid foundation. It is super easy to clean, and I the bristles never fall out or get too stiff." in 33 reviews
Sarah B.
Love this brush! I discovered it via Pinterest when I was learning how to make my makeup look more clean and flawless. I use it to buff the foundation (after its already been applied with a foundation brush or sponge) in to give my makeup a more airbrushed and natural look. I also use it to buff in liquid cheek stains underneath foundation. I love this brush. I had to buy a new one because my first original actually came off completely from the brush (that’s how much I’ve used it). This works best if you have normal or combo or oily skin with little to no baby hairs on your face. Buff the foundation after applying in circular motions for an airbrushed look.
emma o.
This is a nice brush for everyday use. I apply my foundation using this stippling brush. The good thing about it is that it is quite affordable and you can buy it if you really crave a stippling brush but cannot afford it yet. Also another reason for the purchase was that I was curious about stippling brushes in general: how they work, why do they have this funny design etc. So using this one now, I have an idea about stippling brushes in general. And I plan to upgrade mine by bying high end brush when the time comes. It works well with foundation, you can use it for creamy blush as well. Blends well, but it is better to clean it at least once a week or after several applications, because it gets sticky and leaves lots of foundation lines on the face that you have then to wipe off using another brush.
Hallie H.
Durant
When I first bought this brush I had absolutely no idea what it was for but as I started learning more about makeup it came to my knowledge of how I could use it with my makeup routine. It's a very affordable product you can but it at Walmart, drug store, or even at Ulta Beauty, its really up to you!
Amanda F.
Abington, PA
Review for: Real Techniques Stippling Brush more...
I liked this brush at first, but I don’t really use it anymore. I have combination skin, and I don’t know if that’s the problem or if it’s just the brush. I got this one in a pack of three face brushes, and I love the other ones. I used this for foundation but it left streaks all over my face, so I tried using it for contour. That didn’t work either. Now I only use it if I need it. I wouldn’t recommend it, but everyone’s free to try what they want.
Paige D.
Johnson City, TN
Review for: Real Techniques Stippling Brush more...
I️ don’t like this brush for foundation at all but I️ love it for blush! It works really well for powder blush specifically. It’s blends it seamlessly and makes my blush look airbrushed on my face. I️ usually apply my blush with one brush and blend it with another brush but with this brush I️ only have to blend my blush on with a light handed, circular motion and it’s perfect.
Abigail A.
Calabasas
Review for: Real Techniques Stippling Brush more...
I absolutely love this brush especially because it is only 9.99$. I don’t tend to go full coverage daily so I use this constantly. It is also nice to make fake freckles. ;) I am completely satisfied by this brush and have tried other but have not been as happy. But I to go over the foundation quickly with a beauty blender to clean up fine lines and streaks if there are any.
Megan N.
Macon, GA
Review for: Real Techniques Stippling Brush more...
This brush is by far one of the best foundation brushes ever! I have oily skin and this brush blends my foundation perfectly, covers well and easy to use. I purchased mine at Ulta. The only thing I don't like about it is the bristles kind of spread out a lot after just a few uses. I just wash it with Dawn dish soap and let it dry overnight and it's back to normal.
Morgan A.
Johnson City, TN
Review for: Real Techniques Stippling Brush more...
This worked great the first few uses, & I know your supposed to wash your brushes like every week or so but if you don’t wash them regularly this brush starts to apply streaky & even after I washed it I still feel like it doesn’t apply as well as the first few uses.. but the first few uses were awesome! I thought I was gonna be in love with this brush, now I hardly ever pick it up to use it
Megan R.
Review for: Real Techniques Stippling Brush more...
If you want to get the most out of your foundation then this brush does not take away some of the product like a beauty blender/sponge would. Therefore it would give you a more full coverage however. Im not sure if i just needed to work the foundation in more but it did not blend into my skin as well as Id like so i had to go back with a sponge to blend it out more.
Emily P.
San Diego
I like to use this brush to apply cream products such as blushes or highlighter. I do wish the bristles were a little tighter. There is a lot of movement that makes it hard to blend. So I would not recommend using this to apply an all over face product.
April D.
I have this brush and was wondering what each of you use it for? I have used it for foundation in the past.
Kaitlyn G.
Hollsopple, PA
Would this be good for applying foundation?
Jackie A.
I'm looking for the bigger stippling brush where can I find one? Can't seem to come across one
Ana A.
Is this good to apply bronzer? It is it too dense like to apply foundation? I'm looking for a large stipple brush to apply bronzer if you have a favorite one comment below. (Preferably affordable but I'll consider anything😊) Thank you!
Danae T.
Are these only good for foundation? Can u use them for other things?