BY REAL TECHNIQUES #87 in Eye Makeup Brushes

The real techniques silicone liner brush is the ultimate tool for smooth, precise application of liquid or cream eyeliner. the real techniques silicone liner brush provides a smooth application of product without pulling or tugging the skin. see more...

• How do u like this for gel liner? Does it apply it smooth...1 Answers
  • I like using powder shadow as liner sometimes for a softe...2 Answers
  • I was wondering if anyone had tried this for brows since ...1 Answers
Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush
  • "I was looking for something different to try to get the perfect song and this did it ! I have loved ever since! I purchased it at ultra with a discount. The quality is awesome, after so many washes and pulling off gunk of eyeliner, the silicone tip is still there. Great price!" in 50 reviews
Kim M.
I think this is an amazing concept and thought it would be exactly what I was looking for but it doesn’t seem to be. I like using pencil liners most days, but sometimes I’ll want to get a precise wing or use a pigment as liner. I have done both of these things with my M.A.C Cosmetics 210 Precise Eye Liner Brush many times, but the liner dries onto the bristles really quickly and it is starting to look like they are being damaged, probably with the pigments because of the mixing medium drying down. I thought a silicone brush would fix this because the liner or pigments wouldn’t dry down and I could just wipe them clean but they have the same issue! The only difference is I don’t have to worry about bristles losing their shape when I have to go in a bit aggressively to clean which is an improvement at least. It is also a bit annoying because the products dry down so quickly I have to reapply a few times per eye so it can be time consuming. This may be in part because I am using a pencil liner than does set quickly, MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Highliner Matte Gel Eye Crayon, so I can’t say that this will happen with every liner and I need to get a gel liner in a pot to give it its final test. Overall, this doesn’t really work as intended but I did buy it for $1.99 and it is making sure I don’t ruin my $20 MAC brush so it does have a major pro going for it
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Before I fell in love with liquid liner, I used to be a gel liner addict. I picked this up after ruining a few normally-bristled brushes with liner...and I was woefully underwhelmed.

This brush is super affordable, but that's about the only good thing I have to say about it. It's incredibly hard to actually pick up product with this brush, which means you have to dip into your liner multiple times to get any sort of pigmented line. Once you do have a pigmented line, it's difficult with this brush to make the line crisp...especially because you have to keep going over it. It's just a headache to use.

I wouldn't recommend this brush to anybody. Eyeliner is hard enough to put on as it is - no need to buy a product that makes it more difficult, even if it is affordable.
Shasha S.
Cinzia N.
Glendale Hts, IL
I absolutely love this brand of brushes! I first got these brushes from Ulta and instantly fell in love. They’re synthetic and so soft! I love blending with them because they do such a great job! Easy to clean and very affordable!
Stefanie S.
Orem, UT
I dont absolutely LOVE this product, but I think it is however a decent product for what it costs. It can be found at walmart, target, amazon, and ulta. I wouldn't repurchase this product but I think it's a good starter eyeliner brush.
Amber T.
Greenfield, IN
I picked up this little guy for a couple bucks and love it. I plan on buying some liner for it. For now I’ve been using loose eye shadow. Works perfect and very easy to clean off. You don’t have to wait for it to dry and it gives a sharp line.
Jenn K.
Knoxville, TN
This brush is decent. For the price, it gets the job done, but I have used far more effective liner brushes. It could be the types of liner/shadows I have tried to use with this brush, but it seems that my product slides off this brush instead of it applying easily and evenly.
Monet S.
Milwaukee, WI
Very simple and works well for eyeliner. I️t is a good alternative to more expensive brush brands. So if you’re looking for a good liner brush, check this one out.
Allison T.
I’m not a huge fan of liner brushes or gel liner in general and I believe this brush has too many bristles to be used for liner. It’s easy to hold but application is rather difficult with this brush.
Krystal G.
Florence, AL
I'm not a huge fan of this. It looked cool and I was like neat, but it doesn't hold any product. Which I guess the appeal is so you don't have to worry about wasting any product. Just not for me.
Jackie P.
Is this worth buying or is it just better sticking to an angled eyeliner brush?
Samantha B.
Prnc Frederck, MD
Does this brush/silicone tip effectively transfer product onto the lid or do you have to keep dipping into a gel for example to get more product? I am curious about this "brush".
Stacey W.
Erwin, NC
I like using powder shadow as liner sometimes for a softer look. Has anyone found a good way to do that with this brush?
Bethany H.
Dewitt, AR
I was wondering if anyone had tried this for brows since I heard it give you a very precise line. If so, do you now prefer this over your old angled brow brush? I saw it in a store and thought it might be good since I use a pomade.
Hannah C.
Granby, MA
Is this silicone bristles or one silicone tip? How well does it apply gel liner?

back