BY REAL TECHNIQUES #11 in Facial Makeup Brushes

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Accentuate favorite features, create defined contours for added depth, or simply enhance your natural bone structure with our sculpting set. see more...

• I would like to leave if the price is worth it? Additiona...3 Answers
Buy on ULTA*
  • "I really do think that this set is worth the money. All the brushes in here have multiple uses and are very versatile. I use the big buffing brush to contour and put on foundation. I use the fan brush to put on highlighter and to put on blush with. And I use the little brush to put on highlighter and to set my under eyes with powder." in 16 reviews
Rachael P.
I picked up the Real Techniques Sculpting Set at Kohls in their awesome beauty section.

This set came with a Sculpting Brush which has a wide angled head specifically designed to help create defined contours using cream and liquid bronzer or contour makeup. It also came with a Fan Brush which you can use to softly sweep on powders and whisk away any excess makeup for an even finish. The third brush in the set is the Setting Brush which you can use for controlled dusting of powder or highlighter. It also came with a Brush Cup which is really convenient for storing brushes and more Real Techniques brushes in the future.

Before heading to a birthday party, I tested out my new brushes for the first time.

In my first selfie I used the Sculpting Brush to contour my cheekbones. This brush is firm yet soft and did a good job of blending my bronzer into my skin.

In my second selfie I used the Setting Brush to apply highlighter to my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, my Cupid's bow, and the middle of my forehead near my eyebrows. This brush did an excellent job of applying just the right amount of highlighter to all of the areas that I needed.

The Fan Brush did a great job of applying bronzer on the sides on my nose to sculpt it.

Overall I'm very pleased with this brush set.
Kristen F.
Los Angeles
I own a lot of brushes, but I tend to reach for my Real Techniques brushes the most - and I own most of them! These brushes are ideal for sculpting and highlighting.

They are all made with synthetic bristles which work really well with cream products. They will work with powder products too but truly shine with cream or liquids.

All of the brushes have densely packed bristles that are very soft, even on sensitive areas like around my eyes.

I have multiple sets of the base brushes as well as the setting brushes. They're just really, really nice for the price. Clean up well, never shed, even after years. I think I've had some of my brushes for 5+ years. Only complaint is that as the brushes get older, the black, rubbery bases start to kind of flake or get a bit tacky? Not sure why but it doesn't affect the performance, so I just keep on using them!

I've bought sets for friends and replaced all of my mom's old brushes with them. Everyone loves them.
Taylor S.
ashland
This brand makes my favorite brushes out of cheap and expensive brands. All 3 of the brushes are extremely soft. I love the fan and little setting brush for applying my highlight. The sculpting brush is perfect for contouring. The shape of the brush hugs your cheek bone so perfectly that it pretty much does the job for you ( this brush is great for beginners in contouring) However, I don't like to contour my face but I noticed that the sculpting brush is amazing for applying foundation due to how dense it is. It makes my foundation look flawless. While this brush set is cheaper than most brush sets at Sephora, it's pricey when compared to other drugstore brands ( such as elf or wet n wild brushes) However, the quality is so incredible that I believe it's worth the price. I would highly recommend the brush set if you plan on using all 3 of the brushes. You can also buy these brushes separately.
Haley M.
I love this brush set. I use it with my Kat Von D contour kit, and various highlighters. The fan brush is AMAZING. it's the perfect size until many highlighting brushes which are too big and spread highlight clear down your face with one sweep. The contour brush is also the perfect size, and helps the color blend smoothly onto my cheeks. The setting brush is nice for apply lighter shades under my eyes to hide bags if I don't get much rest, but also works for highlighting my nose or cupids brow. These brushes hold up well, and I've had no trouble whatsoever with fallout of the brush hairs. I recommend this brush set CONSTANTLY to my friends and family!
Hannah R.
chicago
Great brushes and inexpensive, you get a highlighting, contouring, and a blending brush! Love the contouring brush great for hollowing out your cheeks and face you can easily add definition to your face and cheekbones with this brush. The highlighting brush is great to add a subtle highlight and have it look natural, I've found its also a great brush to use if you want a natural blush look too! And the big fluffy brush is great to blend it all out and get rid of harsh lines. It also comes with a cute little brush holder. Love these brushes and the bristles don't fall out easily!
Sam G.
Maryville
Overall this is a nice set. I hate fan brushes, and this one was very thin with sparse bristles, so I took away a star for that. However, the other two brushes are great! I use the fluffy brush to apply highlighter and it works wonders! I could not apply highlighter before getting this brush as I always tried using a fan brush and IT NEVER WORKED! But the fluffy brush in this collection changed my views on highlighter and now it's my favorite part of doing my makeup!
I got this set a while back, and it is super useful! I actually use all the brushes for a different purpose than intended, however. I use the contour brush for foundation, I don't actually get much use out of the fan brush--they seem to be more of a gimmick than necessary brushes, and I use the setting brush almost every day to apply powder highlight! The brushes are super soft, and I get great use out of at least the two brushes for the price.
Charlea M.
Caro
These brushes work absolutely amazingly for me. The sculpting brush works beautifully to contour and veil loose powder over my contour if it’s too bold. The highlight brush works beautifully to give a highlight from within look. The small powder brush I use to set my under eye concealer. These brushes do not fall a part after you wash them and they don’t shed. They are absolutely wonderful and I definitely recommend this brand!
Desert C.
Hedgesville, WV
The Real Techniques Sculpting Set is a perfect brush set for beginners!! Great quality in the handle and bristles. I love the sculpting brush to do contour, the fan brush for highlighting and then little fluffy brush for shadows! Reasonably priced too!
Kyleen M.
Lincoln , RI
Good value. I don’t really use the contour brush- I feel like it’s very big for my face. I do like the fan brush for highlighter on my cheeks and the smaller brush for highlighter above eyes and Cupid’s bow. The plastic container is ugly and useless. I probably would buy the brushes separately, or if I caught a sale, but I wouldn’t go out of my way for the large contour brush, personally that particular brush was too large for my face. But the quality and value to good.
Maria P.
Doral, FL
I would like to leave if the price is worth it? Additionally the bristles are just as soft as the rest of this brand brushes?

back