BY REAL TECHNIQUES #1 in Makeup Sponges

Optimize your beauty routine with the #1 branded makeup sponge*!

This versatile beauty tool was designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage.

• rounded sides blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion
  • precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections
  • flat edge for contouring around the eyes and nose
  • ideal for liquid foundation
  • latex-free

For best results, replace your makeup sponge every 1-3 months.

*You may see Miracle Complexion Sponges with RT stamped into the sponge, fear not, it's still your favorite sponge.

• do you use your sponge wet or dry? wet. Real Techniques ...90 Answers
  • whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge...65 Answers
  • What would you recommend washing this with?138 Answers
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™
  • "I have never bought the beauty blender, but I have heard from others that have purchased both and this is supposed to be the closest dupe and some even like the real techniques sponge better than the beauty blender. I put my foundation on my face first and then blend it in with the sponge. If I apply my foundation using the sponge directly, then I feel like I lose a lot of my foundation. I love the contour of the sponge, too, because it works well for both foundation and concealer and gets around the curves of my face. Definitely try it!" in 10923 reviews
Tiffany R.
Dayton, OH
Purchased at: ULTA
I bought this blender a few months ago and again found another product I love. I refuse to by any other brand ever again! I've had terrible luck when it comes to beauty blenders. I purchased several different brands to and they were a huge epic fail! Several torn up the very first time I used them and the others fell apart after the first wash! So here I am to talk about another awesome product Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™. I can't live with out these blenders! Ulta had a sale b.o.g.o on Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™ so I cleaned house and bought several!
Kimberly h.
Bullhead city, AZ
You seriously can't beat the Real techniques beauty blender for only $5! I find it to work better than a lot of higher end beauty blenders that are much more pricey. It's soft so it's not gonna feel like your applying makeup with a rock. I've had way too many experiences with other beauty blenders that aren't soft, they don't soak up water or expand to a bigger size. This one does all of that. It really is a great quality beauty sponge. And I literally use it for everything!! Applying foundation/concealer, setting my face with powder, contouring/highlighting! Yes, I use powder with my beauty blender. It actually picks up a lot of the product and it really packs it on the skin, giving even more coverage than a brush would give. It makes applying bronzer, so effortless. It blends it without even doing much work. The beauty blender is a miracle tool. And because the real techniques beauty sponge is such great quality I don't see myself using any other brand. It cleans easily and drys fast. It's super affordable and works great to achieve a flawless look. This is a product I would most definitely recommend.
Kym B.
Denver, CO
This is the first beauty sponge I've tried since using the little triangle ones when I was a teenager, but I have to say, I'm a convert. I got this in a holiday gift pack and I'm addicted. I also got some of the small purple ones and they are awesome for applying concealer.

I love how this applies my foundation without leaving any streaks. Maybe it's just that I like "bouncing" my foundation on in the morning, but there's something fun about using this. And if you use cold water to plump it up, it's gives you a great cooling sensation while you're applying your makeup. Plus, it doesn't absorb much product so you don't end up loosing half your foundation in a sponge. It just barely sits on the surface so more of the foundation goes on your skin.

I do find that this works best with my thinner foundations as the thicker ones apply better with a brush. But for my L'Oreal Pro Glow foundation, this sponge works really well. I can easily build up the coverage without taking off the first layer, which can happen if you are applying foundation with your hands. But since you don't rub it on with this sponge, building up coverage is so easy. And the flat side of this makes it easy to really spread it out so it doesn't look streaky.

And when it gets dirty, it's easy to clean, which I do at least once a week. I use the Ecotools brush shampoo -- just put a dab of the shampoo in your hand and rub the sponge in it with water until it's clean. If it's really dirty, it might take a couple of washings, but I'm always amazed at how clean it gets when I'm done. With the little triangle sponges, I just threw them away when they got too dirty. But I've been using this sponge for more than three months and it's still in great condition. For $5, it's a great value. I'm hoping all the various sponges I got last me until next year when I can get another gift pack.
Karen S.
Portland, OR
Purchased at: ULTA
The best quality spoke at the most affordable price (besides Morphe)” Remeber to wet your sponge and ring it out for best results and easiest application. It makes the sponge grow in size and makes if feel softer too. I prefer applying my foundation with these sponges than with brushes, any day!
Colet S.
Hollywood, FL
Oh OK all right I’m going to say this I am not a big fan of this bunch I’ve been seeing them a lot lately some people just seem to love them a lot price point it’s a Maisie very good on the price there is not a problem with that.
Maybe I am just Stomm beauty blender spoiled because I have tried the beauty blender before I actually tried this face sponge and I found this want to be a little bit hard little bit stiffer hard not so much but a bit firmer and stiffer than the beauty blender sponge do you think that I like about it why I gave it a four-star and not a three star review is that that slanted edge and the little point on the sponge does make for a great blending experience especially under the eyes around the side of the nose it really works for that if you don’t mind a stiffer sponge a more firmer texture sponge then go for it, personally it’s not a favorite of mine, but it’s a good sponge mine did not last so long. I washed it with soap and I noticed it had a tear in it and I dumped it. It is of interest to know that the soap I washed it with was just ordinary make up cleansing sponge soap like the one you buy from Sephora so I just wasn’t a fan of the sponge. So, I would say go for it give it a try.
Kelly M.
San Juan Capo, CA
I was in need of a new makeup sponge and decided to head on over to Ulta to pick one up. I had planned on getting the regular Real Techniques sponge since I had heard great reviews about it, but stumbled upon this one that came with a protective travel case and decided to get it instead. This sponge looks exactly the same as the regular makeup sponge that Real Techniques has out so I can only assume that it is the same and performs the same since I have never tried it before. I was intrigued that this one came with a cover because I have not seen any other sponge come with a cover at Ulta before so I was excited to pick this one up. I am always up for spending a little bit extra for something if it is truly worth it.

Starting with the case: the protective case is made out of a hard clear-orange plastic and it has the same shape as the sponge. The unique shape of the case allows the sponge itself to closely fit and nestle itself inside without bouncing around. I personally really like the case as I find that it keeps the sponge much more clean and prevents it from bouncing all over and falling on the floor. Now onto the sponge… since this was my first time trying the Real Techniques sponge I was not too sure how I was going to like using it.

Prior to this purchase, I had only ever used the Beauty Blender and was used to applying my foundation with this shape of a sponge. I was very impressed with how well it performed and how well the shape of it worked to its advantage. This sponge is shaped very similarly to the Beauty Blender, however a wedge from the bottom “round” portion is cut out from its side (the shape is a bit hard to describe so I will of course include a picture). This cut out allows for the sponge to reach right under the eyes and is perfect for blending out concealer and setting underneath the eyes with powder, in addition to applying cream contour or cream blush products to the cheeks.

I also want to mention that when this sponge is moistened it DOES expand. This is one of the things that I was most pleased about. Often times when you read reviews about other makeup sponges one of the main things that people complain about is that the sponge does not expand or take on any water. This is a bit of a problem since I find that when the sponge expands it allows for a more softer and flawless finish to the foundation application. This sponge however did not have any issues with that, and it applied my foundation just as good, if not better than the Beauty Blender.

The price tag for this sponge (and it’s protective case) was $6.99. This is AMAZING and extremely affordable compared to a Beauty Blender, which retails for $20.00 at Sephora. For that price, you could buy 3 of the Real Techniques sponges (and its accompanying case) for the price of 1 Beauty Blender that doesn’t come with a case at all. Overall I found this sponge to be extremely effective at applying foundation and very affordable. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is interested in achieving a flawless base or who enjoys applying cream makeup products.
Nina X.
I use this sponge everyday. I use it way more than the beauty blender. I seem to gravitate to this sponge over the beauty blender. They both work so well and very comparable. The only big difference is price. This is def so much more affordable than the beauty blender. I will continue to buy this sponge over the beauty blender. It applies my foundations and concealer so well and blends out so nicely. I would recommend this to anyone who has been hesitating to try.
Hannah E.
Madison, NH
I got this beauty sponge because of one of the you tubers that I watch. I like this sponge and think that it works great to blend out my makeup. I personally prefer beauty blender sponges because to me they are softer. I find this sponge to be a little hard which is not a bad thing. I just prefer a softer applicator. You can get this sponge at stores like walmart and TJMaxx making it very affordable and accessible which is always a good thing.
Tiffany Lynn P.
Mansfield, OH
This sponge is great for so many uses. The chiseled end is great for blending in your foundation, laying powder, carving your brows. The pointed end is great for getting in the tiny places like your under eye and inner corner to make sure everything is blended. Wet it before you use it to minimize the amount of product it soaks up and watch it’s become so cushiony soft and swell to a perfect size for the palm of your hand
Alicia B.
Lexington, KY
I used this sponge for the first time ever recently. I was really hesitant because I love my beauty blender. This performed great! It’s a great compromise and is the closest sponge I’ve tried to the beauty blender sponge. The material is a bit more firm with this sponge but still quite soft. The flat side worked wonders applying foundation. If you are on a budget and looking for a great sponge, definitely go for this one!
Meaghan H.
Metairie, La
What would you recommend washing this with?
Allison L.
Best way to use this? wet or dry?
Rachel Y.
Lorain, OH
do you use your sponge wet or dry? wet. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Laura D.
Lonmay, Fraserburgh
whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge or brush?
Tayah P.
I really want to find a good and cheap replacement for the beauty blender... Does this come close?

Walmart