BY REAL TECHNIQUES #3 in Makeup Sponges

Optimize your beauty routine with the #1 branded makeup sponge*!

This versatile beauty tool was designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. Use damp for a dewy glow or dry for a full coverage.

• rounded sides blend large areas of the face with a dabbing motion
  • precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections
  • flat edge for contouring around the eyes and nose
  • ideal for liquid foundation
  • latex-free

For best results, replace your makeup sponge every 1-3 months.

*You may see Miracle Complexion Sponges with RT stamped into the sponge, fear not, it's still your favorite sponge.

• do you use your sponge wet or dry? wet. Real Techniques ...88 Answers
  • whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge...64 Answers
  • What would you recommend washing this with?133 Answers
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™
  • "I have never bought the beauty blender, but I have heard from others that have purchased both and this is supposed to be the closest dupe and some even like the real techniques sponge better than the beauty blender. I put my foundation on my face first and then blend it in with the sponge. If I apply my foundation using the sponge directly, then I feel like I lose a lot of my foundation. I love the contour of the sponge, too, because it works well for both foundation and concealer and gets around the curves of my face. Definitely try it!" in 10923 reviews
Kimberly h.
Bullhead city, AZ
You seriously can't beat the Real techniques beauty blender for only $5! I find it to work better than a lot of higher end beauty blenders that are much more pricey. It's soft so it's not gonna feel like your applying makeup with a rock. I've had way too many experiences with other beauty blenders that aren't soft, they don't soak up water or expand to a bigger size. This one does all of that. It really is a great quality beauty sponge. And I literally use it for everything!! Applying foundation/concealer, setting my face with powder, contouring/highlighting! Yes, I use powder with my beauty blender. It actually picks up a lot of the product and it really packs it on the skin, giving even more coverage than a brush would give. It makes applying bronzer, so effortless. It blends it without even doing much work. The beauty blender is a miracle tool. And because the real techniques beauty sponge is such great quality I don't see myself using any other brand. It cleans easily and drys fast. It's super affordable and works great to achieve a flawless look. This is a product I would most definitely recommend.
Kym B.
Denver, CO
This is the first beauty sponge I've tried since using the little triangle ones when I was a teenager, but I have to say, I'm a convert. I got this in a holiday gift pack and I'm addicted. I also got some of the small purple ones and they are awesome for applying concealer.

I love how this applies my foundation without leaving any streaks. Maybe it's just that I like "bouncing" my foundation on in the morning, but there's something fun about using this. And if you use cold water to plump it up, it's gives you a great cooling sensation while you're applying your makeup. Plus, it doesn't absorb much product so you don't end up loosing half your foundation in a sponge. It just barely sits on the surface so more of the foundation goes on your skin.

I do find that this works best with my thinner foundations as the thicker ones apply better with a brush. But for my L'Oreal Pro Glow foundation, this sponge works really well. I can easily build up the coverage without taking off the first layer, which can happen if you are applying foundation with your hands. But since you don't rub it on with this sponge, building up coverage is so easy. And the flat side of this makes it easy to really spread it out so it doesn't look streaky.

And when it gets dirty, it's easy to clean, which I do at least once a week. I use the Ecotools brush shampoo -- just put a dab of the shampoo in your hand and rub the sponge in it with water until it's clean. If it's really dirty, it might take a couple of washings, but I'm always amazed at how clean it gets when I'm done. With the little triangle sponges, I just threw them away when they got too dirty. But I've been using this sponge for more than three months and it's still in great condition. For $5, it's a great value. I'm hoping all the various sponges I got last me until next year when I can get another gift pack.
Colet S.
Hollywood, FL
Oh OK all right I’m going to say this I am not a big fan of this bunch I’ve been seeing them a lot lately some people just seem to love them a lot price point it’s a Maisie very good on the price there is not a problem with that.
Maybe I am just Stomm beauty blender spoiled because I have tried the beauty blender before I actually tried this face sponge and I found this want to be a little bit hard little bit stiffer hard not so much but a bit firmer and stiffer than the beauty blender sponge do you think that I like about it why I gave it a four-star and not a three star review is that that slanted edge and the little point on the sponge does make for a great blending experience especially under the eyes around the side of the nose it really works for that if you don’t mind a stiffer sponge a more firmer texture sponge then go for it, personally it’s not a favorite of mine, but it’s a good sponge mine did not last so long. I washed it with soap and I noticed it had a tear in it and I dumped it. It is of interest to know that the soap I washed it with was just ordinary make up cleansing sponge soap like the one you buy from Sephora so I just wasn’t a fan of the sponge. So, I would say go for it give it a try.
Kelly M.
San Juan Capo, CA
I was in need of a new makeup sponge and decided to head on over to Ulta to pick one up. I had planned on getting the regular Real Techniques sponge since I had heard great reviews about it, but stumbled upon this one that came with a protective travel case and decided to get it instead. This sponge looks exactly the same as the regular makeup sponge that Real Techniques has out so I can only assume that it is the same and performs the same since I have never tried it before. I was intrigued that this one came with a cover because I have not seen any other sponge come with a cover at Ulta before so I was excited to pick this one up. I am always up for spending a little bit extra for something if it is truly worth it.

Starting with the case: the protective case is made out of a hard clear-orange plastic and it has the same shape as the sponge. The unique shape of the case allows the sponge itself to closely fit and nestle itself inside without bouncing around. I personally really like the case as I find that it keeps the sponge much more clean and prevents it from bouncing all over and falling on the floor. Now onto the sponge… since this was my first time trying the Real Techniques sponge I was not too sure how I was going to like using it.

Prior to this purchase, I had only ever used the Beauty Blender and was used to applying my foundation with this shape of a sponge. I was very impressed with how well it performed and how well the shape of it worked to its advantage. This sponge is shaped very similarly to the Beauty Blender, however a wedge from the bottom “round” portion is cut out from its side (the shape is a bit hard to describe so I will of course include a picture). This cut out allows for the sponge to reach right under the eyes and is perfect for blending out concealer and setting underneath the eyes with powder, in addition to applying cream contour or cream blush products to the cheeks.

I also want to mention that when this sponge is moistened it DOES expand. This is one of the things that I was most pleased about. Often times when you read reviews about other makeup sponges one of the main things that people complain about is that the sponge does not expand or take on any water. This is a bit of a problem since I find that when the sponge expands it allows for a more softer and flawless finish to the foundation application. This sponge however did not have any issues with that, and it applied my foundation just as good, if not better than the Beauty Blender.

The price tag for this sponge (and it’s protective case) was $6.99. This is AMAZING and extremely affordable compared to a Beauty Blender, which retails for $20.00 at Sephora. For that price, you could buy 3 of the Real Techniques sponges (and its accompanying case) for the price of 1 Beauty Blender that doesn’t come with a case at all. Overall I found this sponge to be extremely effective at applying foundation and very affordable. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is interested in achieving a flawless base or who enjoys applying cream makeup products.
Callie G.
This sponge is hard to beat for the price. It performs so well and is only a fraction of the cost of some higher end makeup sponges. Personally I haven't tried the original Beauty Blender yet, it's hard to bring myself to spend that much money on a makeup sponge that I will have to throw away in just a few short months. But this one really holds up well for the price. I have been using this sponge on repeat for over a year (yes I have changed it out every 3 months as suggested). I use the Beauty Blender solid to clean it out, and it cleans really well with this but I'm sure any gently soap or makeup brush cleaner would work. It does soak up some product since it is a sponge, but if you use it wet it soaks up a lot less compared to when it's dry. I did make the mistake of using dry the first few times after I started using a sponge for applying my foundation, and it just soaked up most of the foundation I was attempting to apply to my face. The only downfall to this product is that it gets tiny little rips in it after being cleaned a few times. But maybe this is just how I clean it because I like to make sure it gets really clean throughout. But I don't think this little complaint is a deal breaker by any means! I haven't gone back to using a foundation brush since I bought this nearly a year and a half ago, brushes just aren't as good now. I definitely recommend this sponge, especially in packs of multiples because of the better price!
Rose Marie B.
Philadelphia, PA
So I see a lot of people having doubts on this sponge!
This sponge is an amazing sponge!
Here is what helps me and has completely made this sponge my FAVORITE for making my foundation look sooooo flawless and skin like application!
When your running it underwater make sure you are using WARM water and continue to squish the sponge while under water! By now you should see the sponge has expanded! Get a towel and damp the sponge on the towel or whatever you choose to dry it off with!
To me I believe it’s the WARM water that activates this sponge!
Now you can begin the application! This has works wonders for me and I am obsessed with it!
The sponge is extremely soft! The price is extremely affordable! Give it a shot! You can buy these almost everywhere I get mine from Walmart Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™
Alexandria C.
Santa Cruz
I watch a lot of makeup tutorials on YouTube and kept hearing people using a damp beauty blender for their makeup. When I first used a beauty blender, I bought a super cheap one from Ross And was so turned off by it that I switched to brushes. But even with some brushes, I wasn't able to achieve an airbrushed, flawless finish. So after hearing "damp beauty blender" I went into Ulta and first saw The Beauty Blender. Wanted it, but didn't want to pay $20 for a friggin beauty blender. So I walked a few aisles down and saw these babies! HOLY GRAIL beauty blender and amazing price! I bought one just to try it out and the next day when I used it while damp, I got TONS of compliments on my makeup through out the day! Literally didn't have a single flaw poking through my makeup whatsoever. I had never had such an amazing application and I used it for foundation, concealer, AND setting powder! It works wonders and you can use it for anything! Love this product and soooo am a loyal customer! 💜💜
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I LOVEEEEEE THIS BEAUTY SPONGE!!! The difference it makes in the base of your makeup is unbelievable! I used to spend $20 or more on the original Beauty blender, I tried several other drugstore brands and not one comes close to this one! I prefer over even the original Beauty blender and I like that one too. This one has a flat end and a tapered/pointy end, unlike the original Beauty blender which is just the original teardrop shape, for done reason Real Techniques sponge seems to work better and cover more area at one time. I use this every single day of my life! I squeeze the Real Techniques Beauty sponge under the running faucet until it's about as full as it can get and then I squeeze it out until I can't squeeze out anymore, I dot my foundation on my face and I blend it completely out with this damp beauty sponge. I apply my concealer and blend it out with this sponge, I apply my cream highlight and Contour with it! I even apply dry products with it! I bale with it, I spray it with Mac Fix Plus and dip it in my highlighter and dab it on my cheeks nose and lips! I depending on this beauty sponge to make my entire look everyday! It just works so much better than any brush there's no patchiness, everything looks natural and smooth. I usually kind of pounce or stamp it on my face when blending out cream product so how it does the magic it does, I really don't know! I could not recommend this any more than I do! It is my Holy Grail and I don't know how I ever did my makeup without it! In fact every sponge made by Real Techniques has been absolutely amazing, affordable, and has lasted at least as long as the original Beauty blender brand if not longer. It's easy to clean and sterilize, it's sturdy, everything about it is a positive! It is without a doubt a five-star product! 🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠
Agustin C.
North Liberty
This sponge is AMAZING. I love EVERYTHING ABOUT it.
I love the tapered edge due to the fact that it carves out my face SO well. It picks up and holds the powder very well and distributes it amazingly.
Along with this, the other side of the sponge (the pointed end) is sooo good for blending out the inner part of the eye and blends out concealer SO well and really helps get into those hard to reach places.
Now, onto the sponge itself. The sponge itself compared the original beauty blender is really close to the quality of said blender. But, I think that they might have changed the way they made it and now it's a little bit more firm than how it was before. But, nonetheless it is still a REALLY GOOD blender and makes my foundation be blended out like I am a pro makeup artist.
Overall, I feel like this is a really good beauty sponge for a person on a budget and is a great alternative for the beauty blender!
Alexsis G.
Savannah
This makeup sponge is the best one I've tried! Not only does it feel great on the face, it reaches every area. I enjoy how the design allow for optimal use on my hard to reach areas like my nose.

How I use it: I either wet it from my faucet or from NYX Dewy setting spray and blend the foundation (which was already dotted on my face from my fingers). This sponge brings a more natural finish once I've blended my foundation on! It looks like my skin but more flawless and I love it.

It may be small but it's fierce :)

It's super cheap on it's own at $6 but I bought it inside a three-piece kit from Ulta (Flawless Base Set) from Real Techniques for $19. Ulta also has great coupons that can be used on the too!

100% recommended --> Real Techniques Flawless Base Brush Set  &  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™
Meaghan H.
Metairie, La
What would you recommend washing this with?
Allison L.
Best way to use this? wet or dry?
Rachel Y.
Lorain, OH
do you use your sponge wet or dry? wet. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge™
Laura D.
Lonmay, Fraserburgh
whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge or brush?
Tayah P.
I really want to find a good and cheap replacement for the beauty blender... Does this come close?

Walmart