BY REAL TECHNIQUES #3 in Makeup Sponges

Buy now on www.ulta.com
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

The little miracle that your makeup bag is begging for, the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge is the secret to a flawless face.

The #1 branded makeup sponge* is a versatile beauty tool designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. With multiple surfaces for multiple purposes, the 3-in-1 tool covers it all:

►rounded sides: seamlessly apply makeup into large areas of the face and blend along the jawline

►precision tip: allows for detailed application and covers imperfections

►flat edge: ideal for delicate and smooth contouring around the eyes and nose *Pro Tip: use damp for a dewy glow or dry for full coverage

All Real Techniques sponges are latex free and replacements are recommended every 1-3 months.

• do you use your sponge wet or dry? wet. Real Techniques ...78 Answers
  • whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge...63 Answers
  • What would you recommend washing this with?127 Answers
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
  • "I have never bought the beauty blender, but I have heard from others that have purchased both and this is supposed to be the closest dupe and some even like the real techniques sponge better than the beauty blender. I put my foundation on my face first and then blend it in with the sponge. If I apply my foundation using the sponge directly, then I feel like I lose a lot of my foundation. I love the contour of the sponge, too, because it works well for both foundation and concealer and gets around the curves of my face. Definitely try it!" in 10923 reviews
Kimberly h.
Bullhead city, AZ
You seriously can't beat the Real techniques beauty blender for only $5! I find it to work better than a lot of higher end beauty blenders that are much more pricey. It's soft so it's not gonna feel like your applying makeup with a rock. I've had way too many experiences with other beauty blenders that aren't soft, they don't soak up water or expand to a bigger size. This one does all of that. It really is a great quality beauty sponge. And I literally use it for everything!! Applying foundation/concealer, setting my face with powder, contouring/highlighting! Yes, I use powder with my beauty blender. It actually picks up a lot of the product and it really packs it on the skin, giving even more coverage than a brush would give. It makes applying bronzer, so effortless. It blends it without even doing much work. The beauty blender is a miracle tool. And because the real techniques beauty sponge is such great quality I don't see myself using any other brand. It cleans easily and drys fast. It's super affordable and works great to achieve a flawless look. This is a product I would most definitely recommend.
Kym B.
Denver, CO
This is the first beauty sponge I've tried since using the little triangle ones when I was a teenager, but I have to say, I'm a convert. I got this in a holiday gift pack and I'm addicted. I also got some of the small purple ones and they are awesome for applying concealer.

I love how this applies my foundation without leaving any streaks. Maybe it's just that I like "bouncing" my foundation on in the morning, but there's something fun about using this. And if you use cold water to plump it up, it's gives you a great cooling sensation while you're applying your makeup. Plus, it doesn't absorb much product so you don't end up loosing half your foundation in a sponge. It just barely sits on the surface so more of the foundation goes on your skin.

I do find that this works best with my thinner foundations as the thicker ones apply better with a brush. But for my L'Oreal Pro Glow foundation, this sponge works really well. I can easily build up the coverage without taking off the first layer, which can happen if you are applying foundation with your hands. But since you don't rub it on with this sponge, building up coverage is so easy. And the flat side of this makes it easy to really spread it out so it doesn't look streaky.

And when it gets dirty, it's easy to clean, which I do at least once a week. I use the Ecotools brush shampoo -- just put a dab of the shampoo in your hand and rub the sponge in it with water until it's clean. If it's really dirty, it might take a couple of washings, but I'm always amazed at how clean it gets when I'm done. With the little triangle sponges, I just threw them away when they got too dirty. But I've been using this sponge for more than three months and it's still in great condition. For $5, it's a great value. I'm hoping all the various sponges I got last me until next year when I can get another gift pack.
Colet S.
Hollywood, FL
Oh OK all right I’m going to say this I am not a big fan of this bunch I’ve been seeing them a lot lately some people just seem to love them a lot price point it’s a Maisie very good on the price there is not a problem with that.
Maybe I am just Stomm beauty blender spoiled because I have tried the beauty blender before I actually tried this face sponge and I found this want to be a little bit hard little bit stiffer hard not so much but a bit firmer and stiffer than the beauty blender sponge do you think that I like about it why I gave it a four-star and not a three star review is that that slanted edge and the little point on the sponge does make for a great blending experience especially under the eyes around the side of the nose it really works for that if you don’t mind a stiffer sponge a more firmer texture sponge then go for it, personally it’s not a favorite of mine, but it’s a good sponge mine did not last so long. I washed it with soap and I noticed it had a tear in it and I dumped it. It is of interest to know that the soap I washed it with was just ordinary make up cleansing sponge soap like the one you buy from Sephora so I just wasn’t a fan of the sponge. So, I would say go for it give it a try.
Joanne S.
Valley Stream
This was the first makeup sponge that I used and compared to the beauty blender you can't beat the quality and price of the product! For literally 1/4 the price of a beauty blender the real techniques sponge does everything you want it to.

I like that it has a a flat side and then a pointy tip for hard to reach places. It does soak up foundation/product when I use it but that's expected for a make up sponge (it doesn't soak up too much either). IMO its easier to blend product then the original beauty blender (foundation, concealer, contour). The sponge applies product evenly -when wet it looks more natural and for heavier coverage it does a good job when the sponge is dry.

I clean the sponge by soaking it in water and then rubbing it on bar soap, rinsing it a couple times after to get all the soap and gunk out.  It's not hard to clean and I find that most of the product leaves after the first wash. I like to clean my sponge often so sometimes there's little tears in the sponge but it doesn't affect how the product applies.

This sponge is definitely my go to - I highly recommend. You'll save a ton of money without compromising the quality of your makeup routine.

Chris T.
I use to only use my fingers to apply makeup, but when I turned 40 my makeup using fingers did not sit right.  I then tried brushes and still did not work.  I refused to spend $20 on a beauty blender.  I tried $3 sponges from TJ Maxx and other discount retailers.  They worked but they soaked up product so much.  My foundation was going too quickly and Estee Lauder is too expensive.  I saw this sponge on YouTube and liked the shape.  I also love Sam Chapman videos as well.  For less than $10 at Wal-Mart, I got two sponges.  Oh my goodness, this sponge is amazing!
1.  Hardly sucks up any foundation.  This is huge plus!2.  At first the texture in my hand was weird, but it applied my foundation flawlessly and my pores actually look smaller.  How is that possible? 3.  Is it so soft on the skin that it feels like a gentle pillow.  I threw out my other cheap sponges.4.  The flat surface makes applying foundation so much easier than the circular ball.  Beauty blender girls try this sponge just for the flatter side.  5.  Flat surface makes sure that you get concealer all way under the eye.  Amazing!
And the price!  You cannot beat it.  I switch between this and the EcoTools sponge.  I think I prefer EcoTools sponge, but this is a great sponge as well.
Mandy C.
Murphysboro, IL
This is my favorite makeup sponge.
It is soft and squishy, I do not feel like I am beating my face when I am applying my makeup which was the case with some of the others. The price is really great!
I never liked the beauty blender at all and I have tried many others like it.
They just never won me over but I absolutely love this sponge.
I still normally use a makeup brush to apply my foundation but when I need a sponge this is my one and only.
I love the shape of it and that it has a flat side.
The quality is nice but I have heard that sometimes you get a dud although that has not happened to myself as of yet.
Callie G.
This sponge is hard to beat for the price. It performs so well and is only a fraction of the cost of some higher end makeup sponges. Personally I haven't tried the original Beauty Blender yet, it's hard to bring myself to spend that much money on a makeup sponge that I will have to throw away in just a few short months. But this one really holds up well for the price. I have been using this sponge on repeat for over a year (yes I have changed it out every 3 months as suggested). I use the Beauty Blender solid to clean it out, and it cleans really well with this but I'm sure any gently soap or makeup brush cleaner would work. It does soak up some product since it is a sponge, but if you use it wet it soaks up a lot less compared to when it's dry. I did make the mistake of using dry the first few times after I started using a sponge for applying my foundation, and it just soaked up most of the foundation I was attempting to apply to my face. The only downfall to this product is that it gets tiny little rips in it after being cleaned a few times. But maybe this is just how I clean it because I like to make sure it gets really clean throughout. But I don't think this little complaint is a deal breaker by any means! I haven't gone back to using a foundation brush since I bought this nearly a year and a half ago, brushes just aren't as good now. I definitely recommend this sponge, especially in packs of multiples because of the better price!
Rose Marie B.
Philadelphia, PA
So I see a lot of people having doubts on this sponge!
This sponge is an amazing sponge!
Here is what helps me and has completely made this sponge my FAVORITE for making my foundation look sooooo flawless and skin like application!
When your running it underwater make sure you are using WARM water and continue to squish the sponge while under water! By now you should see the sponge has expanded! Get a towel and damp the sponge on the towel or whatever you choose to dry it off with!
To me I believe it’s the WARM water that activates this sponge!
Now you can begin the application! This has works wonders for me and I am obsessed with it!
The sponge is extremely soft! The price is extremely affordable! Give it a shot! You can buy these almost everywhere I get mine from Walmart Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Alexandria C.
Santa Cruz
I watch a lot of makeup tutorials on YouTube and kept hearing people using a damp beauty blender for their makeup. When I first used a beauty blender, I bought a super cheap one from Ross And was so turned off by it that I switched to brushes. But even with some brushes, I wasn't able to achieve an airbrushed, flawless finish. So after hearing "damp beauty blender" I went into Ulta and first saw The Beauty Blender. Wanted it, but didn't want to pay $20 for a friggin beauty blender. So I walked a few aisles down and saw these babies! HOLY GRAIL beauty blender and amazing price! I bought one just to try it out and the next day when I used it while damp, I got TONS of compliments on my makeup through out the day! Literally didn't have a single flaw poking through my makeup whatsoever. I had never had such an amazing application and I used it for foundation, concealer, AND setting powder! It works wonders and you can use it for anything! Love this product and soooo am a loyal customer! 💜💜
Edith S.
Verified Purchase
I love these sponges. So, just a little information I would like to share. I am a beginner when it comes to makeup application. I do not know how to contour, or even really apply makeup in general. However, I am a girl that likes to save money .. being the college student I am that is. I tend to use the Tarte Liquid Foundation, and bareMinerals bareSkin foundation mainly because of the color match but also due to budget. Like I said, I don't contour or anything, but I find that the Real Techniques sponges are very soft and blends the makeup to my skin pretty easily. It doesn't leave me with a bad application and everything is blended pretty smoothly onto my skin. Also, these sponges are very inexpensive to some of the other high end brands. But it completely does the job! Overall, I recommend this to anyone who wants to just apply liquid foundation, a beginner like me, or budget conscious when it come to makeup. These sponges does its job.
Meaghan H.
Metairie, La
What would you recommend washing this with?
Allison L.
Best way to use this? wet or dry?
Rachel Y.
Lorain, OH
do you use your sponge wet or dry? wet. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
Laura D.
Lonmay, Fraserburgh
whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge or brush?
Tayah P.
I really want to find a good and cheap replacement for the beauty blender... Does this come close?

back