BY REAL TECHNIQUES #2 in Makeup Sponges

The little miracle that your makeup bag is begging for, the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge is the secret to a flawless face.

The #1 branded makeup sponge* is a versatile beauty tool designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. With multiple surfaces for multiple purposes, the 3-in-1 tool covers it all:

►rounded sides: seamlessly apply makeup into large areas of the face and blend along the jawline

►precision tip: allows for detailed application and covers imperfections

►flat edge: ideal for delicate and smooth contouring around the eyes and nose *Pro Tip: use damp for a dewy glow or dry for full coverage

All Real Techniques sponges are latex free and replacements are recommended every 1-3 months.

• whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge...55 Answers
  • How do you clean these?10 Answers
  • I use beautyblender original makeup sponge this sponge ...10 Answers
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
  • "I have never bought the beauty blender, but I have heard from others that have purchased both and this is supposed to be the closest dupe and some even like the real techniques sponge better than the beauty blender. I put my foundation on my face first and then blend it in with the sponge. If I apply my foundation using the sponge directly, then I feel like I lose a lot of my foundation. I love the contour of the sponge, too, because it works well for both foundation and concealer and gets around the curves of my face. Definitely try it!" in 10923 reviews
Callie G.
This sponge is hard to beat for the price. It performs so well and is only a fraction of the cost of some higher end makeup sponges. Personally I haven't tried the original Beauty Blender yet, it's hard to bring myself to spend that much money on a makeup sponge that I will have to throw away in just a few short months. But this one really holds up well for the price. I have been using this sponge on repeat for over a year (yes I have changed it out every 3 months as suggested). I use the Beauty Blender solid to clean it out, and it cleans really well with this but I'm sure any gently soap or makeup brush cleaner would work. It does soak up some product since it is a sponge, but if you use it wet it soaks up a lot less compared to when it's dry. I did make the mistake of using dry the first few times after I started using a sponge for applying my foundation, and it just soaked up most of the foundation I was attempting to apply to my face. The only downfall to this product is that it gets tiny little rips in it after being cleaned a few times. But maybe this is just how I clean it because I like to make sure it gets really clean throughout. But I don't think this little complaint is a deal breaker by any means! I haven't gone back to using a foundation brush since I bought this nearly a year and a half ago, brushes just aren't as good now. I definitely recommend this sponge, especially in packs of multiples because of the better price!
Kym B.
Denver, CO
This is the first beauty sponge I've tried since using the little triangle ones when I was a teenager, but I have to say, I'm a convert. I got this in a holiday gift pack and I'm addicted. I also got some of the small purple ones and they are awesome for applying concealer.

I love how this applies my foundation without leaving any streaks. Maybe it's just that I like "bouncing" my foundation on in the morning, but there's something fun about using this. And if you use cold water to plump it up, it's gives you a great cooling sensation while you're applying your makeup. Plus, it doesn't absorb much product so you don't end up loosing half your foundation in a sponge. It just barely sits on the surface so more of the foundation goes on your skin.

I do find that this works best with my thinner foundations as the thicker ones apply better with a brush. But for my L'Oreal Pro Glow foundation, this sponge works really well. I can easily build up the coverage without taking off the first layer, which can happen if you are applying foundation with your hands. But since you don't rub it on with this sponge, building up coverage is so easy. And the flat side of this makes it easy to really spread it out so it doesn't look streaky.

And when it gets dirty, it's easy to clean, which I do at least once a week. I use the Ecotools brush shampoo -- just put a dab of the shampoo in your hand and rub the sponge in it with water until it's clean. If it's really dirty, it might take a couple of washings, but I'm always amazed at how clean it gets when I'm done. With the little triangle sponges, I just threw them away when they got too dirty. But I've been using this sponge for more than three months and it's still in great condition. For $5, it's a great value. I'm hoping all the various sponges I got last me until next year when I can get another gift pack.
Kimberly h.
Bullhead city, AZ
You seriously can't beat the Real techniques beauty blender for only $5! I find it to work better than a lot of higher end beauty blenders that are much more pricey. It's soft so it's not gonna feel like your applying makeup with a rock. I've had way too many experiences with other beauty blenders that aren't soft, they don't soak up water or expand to a bigger size. This one does all of that. It really is a great quality beauty sponge. And I literally use it for everything!! Applying foundation/concealer, setting my face with powder, contouring/highlighting! Yes, I use powder with my beauty blender. It actually picks up a lot of the product and it really packs it on the skin, giving even more coverage than a brush would give. It makes applying bronzer, so effortless. It blends it without even doing much work. The beauty blender is a miracle tool. And because the real techniques beauty sponge is such great quality I don't see myself using any other brand. It cleans easily and drys fast. It's super affordable and works great to achieve a flawless look. This is a product I would most definitely recommend.
Janell G.
Spring
This is the best affordable beauty sponge on the market! I spent too much money throughout the years repurchasing Beauty Blender sponges until I tried these Real Techniques sponges. They are super soft and are the BEST shape for applying foundation and concealer. I have very oily skin, so I have to use thicker foundations if I want my foundation to last all day (Estee Lauder DW and Loreal ProMatte). HOWEVER, I do not like the heavy feeling when you first apply them. Using this dampened miracle sponge helps to apply the foundations evenly and not feel so heavy. Like any beauty sponge, it will soak up some product, which is a risk you have to be willing to take if you want the finish it provides. (I DO!) Lastly, the most effective way I have found to wash my brushes and these sponges is with Dawn Dish soap. I use this sponge daily, washing every two uses, and they start tearing up but last a good 3 months. (TIP: You can buy 2 of the 2-packs at Ulta when Real Techniques is BOGO half off AND use whatever coupon they have available!)
Colet S.
Hollywood, FL
Oh OK all right I’m going to say this I am not a big fan of this bunch I’ve been seeing them a lot lately some people just seem to love them a lot price point it’s a Maisie very good on the price there is not a problem with that.
Maybe I am just Stomm beauty blender spoiled because I have tried the beauty blender before I actually tried this face sponge and I found this want to be a little bit hard little bit stiffer hard not so much but a bit firmer and stiffer than the beauty blender sponge do you think that I like about it why I gave it a four-star and not a three star review is that that slanted edge and the little point on the sponge does make for a great blending experience especially under the eyes around the side of the nose it really works for that if you don’t mind a stiffer sponge a more firmer texture sponge then go for it, personally it’s not a favorite of mine, but it’s a good sponge mine did not last so long. I washed it with soap and I noticed it had a tear in it and I dumped it. It is of interest to know that the soap I washed it with was just ordinary make up cleansing sponge soap like the one you buy from Sephora so I just wasn’t a fan of the sponge. So, I would say go for it give it a try.
Tabitha R.
This sponge, man. This sponge. You never thought a million years ago a sponge would be the key to your beauty routine. I remember when the beauty blender first came out. It was essential, to this day it still is. We all know this. The  Beautyblender Sponge is hands down the best beauty blender, ever. The only issue. Not every one wants to pay $20.00 for a sponge. The solution? This product, right here:  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge . In my honest opinion, it’s a dupe for the beauty blender. It works just as good, sometimes even better. Everyone keeps asking,
“if this sponge is even good?” Yes. Absolutely. You will have to try it out for yourself, and when you do. You’ll love it. Plus it’s very inexpensive.
Edith S.
Verified Purchase
I love these sponges. So, just a little information I would like to share. I am a beginner when it comes to makeup application. I do not know how to contour, or even really apply makeup in general. However, I am a girl that likes to save money .. being the college student I am that is. I tend to use the Tarte Liquid Foundation, and bareMinerals bareSkin foundation mainly because of the color match but also due to budget. Like I said, I don't contour or anything, but I find that the Real Techniques sponges are very soft and blends the makeup to my skin pretty easily. It doesn't leave me with a bad application and everything is blended pretty smoothly onto my skin. Also, these sponges are very inexpensive to some of the other high end brands. But it completely does the job! Overall, I recommend this to anyone who wants to just apply liquid foundation, a beginner like me, or budget conscious when it come to makeup. These sponges does its job.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I LOVEEEEEE THIS BEAUTY SPONGE!!! The difference it makes in the base of your makeup is unbelievable! I used to spend $20 or more on the original Beauty blender, I tried several other drugstore brands and not one comes close to this one! I prefer over even the original Beauty blender and I like that one too. This one has a flat end and a tapered/pointy end, unlike the original Beauty blender which is just the original teardrop shape, for done reason Real Techniques sponge seems to work better and cover more area at one time. I use this every single day of my life! I squeeze the Real Techniques Beauty sponge under the running faucet until it's about as full as it can get and then I squeeze it out until I can't squeeze out anymore, I dot my foundation on my face and I blend it completely out with this damp beauty sponge. I apply my concealer and blend it out with this sponge, I apply my cream highlight and Contour with it! I even apply dry products with it! I bale with it, I spray it with Mac Fix Plus and dip it in my highlighter and dab it on my cheeks nose and lips! I depending on this beauty sponge to make my entire look everyday! It just works so much better than any brush there's no patchiness, everything looks natural and smooth. I usually kind of pounce or stamp it on my face when blending out cream product so how it does the magic it does, I really don't know! I could not recommend this any more than I do! It is my Holy Grail and I don't know how I ever did my makeup without it! In fact every sponge made by Real Techniques has been absolutely amazing, affordable, and has lasted at least as long as the original Beauty blender brand if not longer. It's easy to clean and sterilize, it's sturdy, everything about it is a positive! It is without a doubt a five-star product! 🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠
Alysa M.
San Antonio, TX
My number one makeup tool! I can not do my makeup without a beauty sponge. I love beauty blenders but they are pricey and since I’m always going to a grocery store, the real techniques sponge is convenient. The price is wonderful and it gets the job done! It’s not the easiest to clean and it does get worn out faster than a beauty blender but you’re suppose to get rid of it in 3 months use so I will get the most out of it. It takes on any liquid and cream formula. It helps makeup sink into the skin seamlessly. Also wet it before using! It gets bigger and bouncy. I recently started to apply my setting powder with it and I’m obsessed with this technique because it helps my powder not look cakey! I am not a fan of cakey looking makeup and i try to avoid it as much as possible and the RT sponge helps with that. I love the edge that is has to help carve out a messy contour. This beauty sponge is a must have and a life saver.
Agustin C.
North Liberty
This sponge is AMAZING. I love EVERYTHING ABOUT it.
I love the tapered edge due to the fact that it carves out my face SO well. It picks up and holds the powder very well and distributes it amazingly.
Along with this, the other side of the sponge (the pointed end) is sooo good for blending out the inner part of the eye and blends out concealer SO well and really helps get into those hard to reach places.
Now, onto the sponge itself. The sponge itself compared the original beauty blender is really close to the quality of said blender. But, I think that they might have changed the way they made it and now it's a little bit more firm than how it was before. But, nonetheless it is still a REALLY GOOD blender and makes my foundation be blended out like I am a pro makeup artist.
Overall, I feel like this is a really good beauty sponge for a person on a budget and is a great alternative for the beauty blender!
Meaghan H.
Metairie, La
What would you recommend washing this with?
Allison L.
Best way to use this? wet or dry?
Laura D.
Lonmay, Fraserburgh
whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge or brush?
Tayah P.
I really want to find a good and cheap replacement for the beauty blender... Does this come close?
Lauren S.
I just bought mine from Ulta. Does it work better wet or dry?