BY REAL TECHNIQUES #1 in Makeup Sponges

The little miracle that your makeup bag is begging for, the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge is the secret to a flawless face.

The #1 branded makeup sponge* is a versatile beauty tool designed with a revolutionary foam technology to evenly blend makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish. With multiple surfaces for multiple purposes, the 3-in-1 tool covers it all:

►rounded sides: seamlessly apply makeup into large areas of the face and blend along the jawline

►precision tip: allows for detailed application and covers imperfections

►flat edge: ideal for delicate and smooth contouring around the eyes and nose *Pro Tip: use damp for a dewy glow or dry for full coverage

All Real Techniques sponges are latex free and replacements are recommended every 1-3 months.

• whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge or brush? 40 Answers
  • I use beautyblender original makeup sponge this sponge better o...7 Answers
  • WOW thank you to everyone who suggested Real Techniques Miracle C...1 Answers
Gaby R.
This little sponge right here is amazing! I love this little sponge. This sponge has changed my makeup regime. I left my foundation brush for this sponge. It is so easy to use. All you need to do is soak your sponge with water or with setting spray. Then you apply foundation onto your sponge and dab the product onto your skin. Never leave this sponge soaked inside a close container otherwise it will create mold and bacteria. Make sure to leave the sponge in a container with no lid on top that way it can air dry.

I usually have two of these sponges on my vanity. I use one sponge just for foundation & concealer. I use the second sponge for contouring and baking. It is truly a multipurpose sponge.

I usually stock up on these when Ulta has their buy one get one free sale on real techniques products. The reason I wait for this sale is because I use the ultra coupon on top of that offer.

This sponge is so easy to clean with either zote laundry soap or dish soap. You can also clean it with beauty blender soap or with elf brush cleaner soap. These are just a few products I have used to clean my sponges with that have worked for me.
Eman S.
houston, TX
So this sponge was my go-to for quite some time. When dampened with water, it feels soft on the skin and applies my foundation flawlessly. Why the 3 stars? After using a serious beauty blender dupe, I realized how much product this sponge was using in comparison! If you wash this sponge regularly, you can see how much product is going down the drain, literally. I'm not kidding when I say I have to use twice as much foundation when I use this sponge, because so much product soaks into it after washing! The angled edge of this sponge is great for application, but if you're just purchasing it for the price point, you are honestly wasting so much product that you would be better off spending $20 on a beauty blender, or using a traditional foundation brush. I am someone who loves buying drugstore and prestige beauty, but always look for the value angle with anything I buy. It sounds stupid to spend $20 on a sponge, but if you take care of it, it can last a very long time and save you a lotttt of product compared to the real techniques sponge.
Stephanie M.
Hialeah, FL
I was recently given this sponge in a VoxBox, but: I ALREADY HAVE ONE. Hands down the best blender I have ever used. Granted, I have never tried the Beauty Blender but I have purchased plenty of blending sponges ranging from random brands at TjMaxx/Marshalls to Target ones. Real techniques is where it's at! The sponge is soft and doesn't soak up all the makeup (like I have seen with other blending sponges). It perfectly blends it into your skin. Cleaning the sponge is a breeze too! I try to fully clean mine after every use, if not after every use I definitely clean it every 2-3 days. I use normal antibacterial hand-soap, and rinse and squeeze it until the water comes out clear. I'm not sure if this is the proper way to clean it, but it's the way I clean it. I've had my current one for over 6 months because I take care of it. I haven't even opened the brand new one influenster sent me because my old one still looks new. At a $6 price tag, you can't go wrong. They even have 2-packs which is what I originally purchased!
HaeMin B.
Sheboygan, WI
Although I received this one in my VoxBox, I actually have 3 of these in my makeup drawer as I use these when I need to apply my makeup asap and look super polished. I've used Beauty Blenders in the past and though I did love them, I don't love my miracle complexion sponge any less--actually more given the cheaper price! The precision tip, the flat edge, and the rounded sides are so flawlessly designed, and it is a wonder how it makes any difficult foundation apply so flawlessly. Whenever I try out a new foundation and go, 'wow this is a super cakey foundation and it literally melts off on my skin, wtf is up with that?', before giving up on it completely I use this sponge and the result can be quite surprising. I know a lot of people wet their miracle complexion sponges, but personally I do that only when I want a more glowing, lightweight look (or if I want to reduce the super cakey look that a full coverage foundation can give off sometimes), but not when I am going for a full coverage, which usually is the case.
Before purchasing these, I didn't quite understand what was so great about beauty blenders. I assumed foundation brushes were just as good. However, after picking up a 2-pack of these about a month or so ago, I found out that my assumptions were wrong.

With foundation brushes, you're often left with streaks and lines. It is also a bit harder to get into the small crevices of your face with a brush. Since beauty blenders are sponges, they easily apply makeup anywhere. Being sponges, they leave you with a lighter, airbrushed look that feels good on the skin and doesn't look cakey. My favorite part of this product was the price. I paid $11 for a set of two. These beauty blenders are quite a bit larger than the original Beauty Blender, which tops off at around $32.

Another nice feature about these blenders is the unique shape. While a lot of beauty blenders hold more of an egg shape, these have the egg shape and a bit of an angle at the top, which allows for more precise work.
Reni C.
Encino, CA
I first became intrigued with this product early in 2015 and purchased one. I am now on the 4th sponge as I also own the original Beauty Blender (which I love a lot) to alternate use with. Price wise, this is a good alternative and it has now become easily accessible at stores like Target, Ulta and Walgreens. The sponge is soft and it does blend foundation or tinted moisturizer well, however, my issue is with the consistency of the product. I loved the first ever sponge I bought. It lasted me a good 4 months (with daily washing/cleansing of the sponge). The material was a lot dense. My second & third sponge (it was one of those duo packaging they had) had a terrible quality. It was not dense. Due to that, it soaked up a lot of the product instead of depositing them on the skin. It also deteriorared a lot faster (see photo above). Within a month, my sponge had cracks here and there. It is an okay alternative but not a replacement for the Beauty Blender, in my opinion.
Laura E.
I will say this is my favorite sponge. I've tried off brand, drug store 'dupes', the original beauty blender and basically every beauty sponge possible. I have to say this Miracle Complexion Sponge is easily the best one out there.

It's a realistic shape, it's affordable for all not just some and it's just perfect. The pointed end can get into the hard to reach crevasses etc, and the flat side can be for applying foundation, baking, or even just sharpening up contours with whats left over on the sponge to clean up lines. I've used these for professional body painting with aqua paints, regular makeup, and for setting powders! It's truly a multi-use sponge. The cost is the best part along with the shape!

Anyone can use this and really can't go wrong, although you do want to make sure it's damp, not wet before use. It's made as a quality product, at an incredible price for it easily being the best makeup sponge out there. :)
Clair P.
This is such an amazing beauty sponge especially for the price. It blends my makeup smoothly and evenly. I almost always use it damp, because it blends my makeup better. It soaks up a little of my makeup as I use it, but not so much product that I feel like it's being wasted. At first I didn't give this product the full 5 stars it deserved, but I quickly realized it was a user error. I was applying my foundation to the sponge and then to my face. WRONG. It got clogged up and I couldn't ever seem to get it clean. It got caked with makeup and became dense and hard to use. But when Influenster sent me my new one I decided to try something different. I apply my foundation to my face with a brush, and buff it out with my sponge. I wash it when I wet it before using, and it's stayed SO MUCH cleaner and easier to use. Over all I think this is a great $5 sponge. And if you didn't like it your first time using it, try it again!
Makayla E.
Alma, AR
I've used this product for a couple of months now (this shows how long it lasts) and I'm actually getting ready to purchase a new one. I use this sponge for applying and blending my foundation (make sure it's damp when you use it!) as well as for blending my concealer, contour, highlight, etc. I, personally, think it works really well for what it's supposed to do. It even makes my face feel less caked on than if I use a brush or my fingers to blend my makeup. Compared to the popular beauty blender, it's definitely a lot cheaper, though, I can't tell you how they compare because I haven't tried the beauty blender. I bought my Real Techniques sponge from Walmart, where it sells for around $5-6. My only complaint is that it does easily crack when cleaning it, so you have to be extra careful, and even then, it'll still crack after a few washes. Overall, I do like this sponge and I plan to purchase it again!
Kayla R.
Jacksonville, FL
I was really hesitant to buy this sponge. I had been pretty happy with my cheap sponge from TJ Maxx and I dint think this one would do anything different...boy was I wrong! The shape of this sponge makes it easy to get into every crack and crevice of my face. I use the flat side for my cheeks and other large areas while the pointed side is perfect for around my nose and eyes. The texture of the sponge is unlike anything I've ever felt in a sponge. The pores are not very big and I think this helps to keep the liquid foundations and concealers from settling in and getting wasted. The small pores also allow for easier coverage. I simply dab the foundation onto my face and pat pat outwits this damp sponge. My face looks flawless no matter what foundation I use. Don't be like me and put off buying this sponge. Do it now! You won't be disappointed.
Meaghan H.
Metairie, La
What would you recommend washing this with?
Allison L.
Best way to use this? wet or dry?
Tayah P.
I really want to find a good and cheap replacement for the beauty blender... Does this come close?
Laura D.
Glasgow, Scotland
whats your preferences for foundation application? sponge or brush?
Lauren S.
I just bought mine from Ulta. Does it work better wet or dry?