BY REAL TECHNIQUES #7 in Makeup Tool Cleaners

Gel Brush Cleanser - This deep cleansing Gel Brush Cleanser from Real Techniques will help extend the life of the brushes you love so much! This exclusive gel formula harnesses the power of a concentrate, is alcohol-free and non-drying. It has also been proven to effectively remove nearly all makeup residue and has been dermatologist tested for gentleness. The concentrate gel allows you to create a lather to get those brushes squeaky clean and as good as new! Recommended for weekly use.Benefits:Alcohol-freeLaboratory proven to effectively remove nearly all makeup residueDermatologist tested for gentleness - Gel Brush Cleanser see more...

• Best way to clean beauty sponges? And cheaper alternative...5 Answers
  • Do those automatic brush cleaner things really work? Real...1 Answers
  • Does this cleanser work well on the brushes? Not sure if ...1 Answers
MyKeisha Y.
Bryant
I really enjoy this brush cleanser. I know I’m not the first to say, but I don’t enjoy cleaning my brushes. No matter how long it’s been since my brushes have been dirty, this product gets all the make up and skin nasties right out. There isn’t a terrible smell to it either. I’ve used this cleanser with and without water and it’s worked perfectly. I’ve had this one bottle for a few months and it has definitely lasted. This is my go to drug store cleanser.
Stephanie S.
Oak Harbor, WA
Sadly I am giving this two stars only because it smells nice and it cleans my eye brushes well. However the down side is that I feel like it never cleans my face brushes and beauty blender sponge well enough without an actual clean from my baby shampoo method. And when I go in a second wash with the baby shampoo, I am seeing all the gunk that the cleansing gel didn't get. I even have the hand mat (whatever that pink glove is called) to clean the brushes with and it still doesn't get the job done. Definitely sticking with baby shampoo.
Katy M.
Louisville, KY
The Real Techniques brush cleansing gel is a great brush cleaner. It cost $9.99, but tree bottle is huge (5.1oz or 150 ml) and you use such a small amount that one bottle will last quite a while. You use a very small amount, mixed with warm water. You can buy a separate brush cleansing palette for $15 but I made my own by using a plastic bowl and using hot glue to draw on squiggly lines. The gel gets my brushes super clean without drying them out. It keeps them soft and not that it's a huge deal, but it smells fantastic. I highly recommend this product! Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser
Taylor S.
Kalamazoo
I purchased the Real Techniques brush cleansing palette alongside this product and while I love the palette, I don't really care for the cleanser. First off, you have to use a ton of product to get brushes completely clean, which only means you're gonna go through a bottle pretty quickly if you have a large brush collection. It does get the job done, but there are definitely way better brush cleansers out there that'll clean brushes while using less product.
Johnny R.
San Jose
I purchased this because it came with a brush cleansing palette. The brush cleansing palette works fine, but this cleanser is as effective as water. Maybe water is better...it's hard to tell this is so bad. You need a LOT if you want it to lather so you can rinse it from your bristles. But after I washed annd washed and washed and kept adding more brush shampoo, I realized the skin was coming off my fingers but the makeup was still clinging to the brush hairs. I got out my trusy Parian Spirit and distintegrated that dirt with a couple of swishes. Regular hair shampoo works way better than this watery, weak, gel. I'm sticking with my Zote soap and Parian Spirit. I do really like the scrubby cleansing palette.
Jamie M.
I really really like this brush cleanser... dare i say love?! My only gripe is that I wish it came in larger sizes because I burn through it quickly as it’s my favorite! The gel clings to the bristles in a way that thinner liquid cleansers can’t, and the formula and consistency makes this product stand out from the rest for sure! You can take that check to the bank and cash it, because as a Pro makeup artist, I’ve tried about a million different brands and washed about a billion brushes! I find that this particular product helps cut down the scrubbing time by at least 25%, and in my line of work, that makes it priceless! Washing brushes is a daily chore that I despise, but have ultimately come to accept as a necessary evil for obvious reasons, but anything that makes the dreaded task pass by quicker deserves only the highest praise. Pair this gel cleanser with a rubber brush mat, and you’ll never go back... guaranteed!
Anesia W.
Corona, CA
This was my first time trying his product. I’m a huge fan of Real Techniques beauty blender, so I figured that any product they have I would love too. I love how it smells, it leaves all of my makeup brushes smelling brand new and even looking brand new. I usually use liquid so today was my first time switching the game to the gel; and I would have to say it way better. I have 60+ make up brushes and I always seem to run out every-time I use the liquid but this cleansing gel was able to clean all of my brushes and it’s still half full. Very satisfied! The packaging and the product it self is really cute. I would definitely be purchasing this product for now on to clean my make brushes. Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser
Brittany E.
Olympia, WA
This stuff works so well. I use this weekly with my brushes, and it makes it such an easy process. The gel instantly starts removing makeup as soon as your brush touches it, and it cleans it out in just a few swirls. Easy to rinse out, and leaves no weird residue or anything on the brush. Worth the money.
jallissa P.
First brush cleaner I have ever used so I cannot compare it to anything but this brush cleaner does a great job of cleaning brushes and makeup sponges . It removed all the unwanted makeup make it even removed most of the stains off my makeup sponge which made me really happy because I have tough time getting thoes out because I don't clean my tools as much as I should be . I would highly recommend this if you're looking for a brush cleaner and something to clean your makeup sponges with !😊
Nichelle P.
Deltona
I love the cleanser, i find that it’s easiest to have a warm bucket of water and swirl your brushes in it rinse off and repeat as needed until the brushes can be rubbed on a paper towel and come out clean. Although if you are like me, you have a multitude of brushes and this can be a tad on the long haul plus waiting on those brushes to dry.. still have it and continue to use it today
Sophie A.
Best way to clean beauty sponges? And cheaper alternative to Real Techniques Gel Brush Cleanser
Allison D.
Worth, IL
I bought this and I really wanted to like it since I love all there products but it was really not good. Does anyone use this and have it work well with taking foundation and tough product build up out of there brushes? Maybe I got a bad one?
Michele L.
Richmond, VA
How do you find is the best way to get this to work effectively? Is the brush cleansing palette worth the investment?
Natalie O.
Hemlington, Middlesbrough
Does this work well on the sponges. I currently use baby shampoo and that seems to do the job
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
How well does this break down the makeup on the brush? Is it more effective than shampoo?

back