BY REAL TECHNIQUES #18 in Facial Makeup Brushes

Great Looks Start with a Flawless Base Your Base/Flawless. Look Pixel Perfect Even in Harsh Light. Ultra Plush Taklon Bristles. High Definition Results. Online Tutorials Make you the Expert My expert face brush is ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation.

• Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about them, and...89 Answers
  • Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?37 Answers
  • I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wondering if t...45 Answers
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
  • "I have always hesitated to spend very much on makeup brushes, assuming that my $1 copy cats would suffice. Buying this brush proved me wrong! My cheap brushes never lasted and always shed on my face. Who wants a black hairy face?! Not me. This brush is so soft and has never shed. I have used it for just about every part of my face makeup routine and I think it is very versatile as well! The only thing I would not use it for would be contouring because I find it's too wide. Some girls may disagree! Needless to say, no more cheap brushes for me! I'm converted" in 400 reviews
  • "NEWSFLASH! After years of using my fingers to apply liquid foundation I finally discovered that you can use a brush and get a MUCH better finish! I read up reviews and the Real Techniques brushes seemed to be just what I was looking for, I purchased several and they're all great but my favorite by far is the Expert Face Brush. It's sooo soft, perfectly dense, gives great coverage, and is pretty too. Love that the bristles are synthetic so they don't soak up extra foundation, makes for a less wasteful option as well as easier. I spotclean the brush every time I use it and it's held up beautifully, no shedding. I bought this and some other Real Techniques on a B1G1 sale at Ulta so the price was awesome too. No regrets about buying the Expert Face Brush, look no farther if you're hunting for the perfect foundation brush." in 333 reviews
  • "You can't find better brush drugstore, or high end! This brush is well made, cleans easily and applies your makeup flawlessly. I love it to buff in foundation and to apply cream blush and blend in cream/liquid highlighter. " in 192 reviews
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
When I first got this brush, I absolutely loved it. My friend got me hooked onto Real Techniques brushes, and I used this Expert Face Brush to blend my foundation. It lasted for about a good year, until the bristles of the brush started to fall out ): While it did last, it worked really well, slightly streaky, but that happens with any brush really. I've now switched over to using a BeautyBlender for my foundation and I've had to throw this brush out because too many of the bristles were falling out and even when I tried to use it for light stippling, the hairs would get on my face. That's the only reason why I'm giving it 4/5 stars, because I know my friends have had this brush for years now and this hasn't happened to them so I'm guessing maybe I just got a bad one or I didn't wash it properly enough.
Samantha P.
Sylmar , CA
This brush is my very own GO TO foundation brush! I have 5 of them because i love them so much and hope they don’t ever discontinue them! It is so easy to blend the foundation and give that nice porcelain skin finish without the streaks! And did i mention of affordable it is, if you go to sephora or ulta you’ll end up spending at least 10+ for an ok foundation brush a good one is over 20+ $ for one brush! This real techniques brush is retailing for 5.99$ i believe! Yes you read that right! What a deal for a good product that lasts a long period of time!  Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
This brush is one of the best brushes I have ever owned.  I reach for this brush more than some of my high end brushes.  I bought mine at Walmart a couple years ago and it's still holding up great.  I clean it with Dawn dish soap about once a week and the bristles still look great.
I use my brush to apply my foundation.  It's great at blending, and with the size of the brush head, it's easy to get under my eyes and the sides of my nose.  The only thing that I have noticed is that when I use drugstore foundation, it does make the bristles mat up.  I always have to wash it right after I use a drugstore foundation to keep the bristles nice and fluffy.
Lily W.
Bronx, NY
(2018 - I have the mini versions of this brush and I love it! I'm so happy they came out with the limited edition short handled but full size brush head of this brush, it makes travelling with the foundation brush so much easier. I wish I picked up the blush brush when I had the chance. That's my only regret, I wasn't into wearing blush as I am now. The brushes were only $5 and it came out around Christmas time and I only found  them in Walgreens. I hope they start selling those again.)

Rating: A+
Price: A+
I love the Real Technique Expert Face Brush. I used to use this brush for liquid foundation applications along with the Stippling Brush. Now I use mainly this brush for my foundation but I switched over powder foundation (MAC Studio Fix Powder) and it works like a dream. I like that it picks up just enough product so I am not wasting more than I need to. It applies the foundation beautifully and never streaky or cakey. The brush hairs are soft and keeps it shape after each washing. I love that this brush is inexpensive compared to a lot of other brushes available.
Meaghan B.
Cedar Hill, TX
This is my favorite foundation brush!!! I have nothing but good things to say about it. I use it to do both my foundation and concealer. It doesn't soak up your product in the bristles. It disperses evenly, and leaves a flawless finish. Whenever ulta has a bogo half off i always pick up a few and gift them to friends and family
Jessica B.
I never realized how terrible my old brushes were until I bought new ones. I had been using the original ones that came with my Bare Minerals. This brush is so soft. Wish I had gotten it sooner!
 It distributes evenly and doesn't make it looked like you threw a bucket of powder in your face. Instead just does EXACTLY what a powder brush should do. It's nice and soft and bristles are always falling out like some of the other powder brushes I've tried
Nelli C.
Lodi, CA
I have been having this brush for 2 years and i hardly used it and when i did i normally used it to set my face with powdered. But I'm so happy that i tried it on to put foundation recently and i have been loving it when applied with this brush. I normally use a beauty blender. I used it to put my makeup forever ultra hd. I highly recommend this brush it is so afforable. I will be repurchasing another brush.
Ava S.
Dover
this brush is a game changer,,,, i got it around christmas time and haven’t stopped using it. mostly i use it for power because it does transfer nicely,, but on a rare emergency i have used it to blend liquid foundation and it works well just a little streaky scine a brush was being used. over all i love and recommend it!!!!
Gloria M.
Phoenix , AZ
I cannot stop telling people about this brush. I use it on myself daily and I actually have 3 in my freelance makeup kit as well. It’s my go to foundation brush for liquid and stick foundations. It had a nice shape that blends in the product nicely. It’s short so it’s a little more dense, but the tip is a little more fluffy. It’s great to stipple first, then press into the skin. Flawless finish.
Abby R.
I absolutely love this brush for buffing in foundation to make it look like my actual skin. The synthetic bristles don't steal any product, and they're packed densely enough to really be able to work the product into my skin. I also use this for blending Concealer, contour and blush on occasion. It's just a great overall brush that I recommend to anyone looking for a good foundation brush.
Amanda S.
Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about them, and where can i purchase them?
Dominique B.
I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wondering if these are worth it or not? I see a lot about them but am not sure if they are worth it quality or price wise?
Alexis S.
Dorchester, MA
Where can I get Real Technique brushes in the states
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Are these made by pixiwoo?