BY REAL TECHNIQUES #12 in Facial Makeup Brushes

Great Looks Start with a Flawless Base Your Base/Flawless. Look Pixel Perfect Even in Harsh Light. Ultra Plush Taklon Bristles. High Definition Results. Online Tutorials Make you the Expert My expert face brush is ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation.

• Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about t...89 Answers
  • Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?37 Answers
  • I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wonder...45 Answers
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
  • "I have always hesitated to spend very much on makeup brushes, assuming that my $1 copy cats would suffice. Buying this brush proved me wrong! My cheap brushes never lasted and always shed on my face. Who wants a black hairy face?! Not me. This brush is so soft and has never shed. I have used it for just about every part of my face makeup routine and I think it is very versatile as well! The only thing I would not use it for would be contouring because I find it's too wide. Some girls may disagree! Needless to say, no more cheap brushes for me! I'm converted" in 400 reviews
  • "NEWSFLASH! After years of using my fingers to apply liquid foundation I finally discovered that you can use a brush and get a MUCH better finish! I read up reviews and the Real Techniques brushes seemed to be just what I was looking for, I purchased several and they're all great but my favorite by far is the Expert Face Brush. It's sooo soft, perfectly dense, gives great coverage, and is pretty too. Love that the bristles are synthetic so they don't soak up extra foundation, makes for a less wasteful option as well as easier. I spotclean the brush every time I use it and it's held up beautifully, no shedding. I bought this and some other Real Techniques on a B1G1 sale at Ulta so the price was awesome too. No regrets about buying the Expert Face Brush, look no farther if you're hunting for the perfect foundation brush." in 333 reviews
  • "You can't find better brush drugstore, or high end! This brush is well made, cleans easily and applies your makeup flawlessly. I love it to buff in foundation and to apply cream blush and blend in cream/liquid highlighter. " in 192 reviews
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
When I first got this brush, I absolutely loved it. My friend got me hooked onto Real Techniques brushes, and I used this Expert Face Brush to blend my foundation. It lasted for about a good year, until the bristles of the brush started to fall out ): While it did last, it worked really well, slightly streaky, but that happens with any brush really. I've now switched over to using a BeautyBlender for my foundation and I've had to throw this brush out because too many of the bristles were falling out and even when I tried to use it for light stippling, the hairs would get on my face. That's the only reason why I'm giving it 4/5 stars, because I know my friends have had this brush for years now and this hasn't happened to them so I'm guessing maybe I just got a bad one or I didn't wash it properly enough.
Maya A.
Franklin, VT
I have never used a brush for foundation before this. I went straight from fingers to beauty blenders. I didn’t think I’d like this, but I got it in a box from Influenster as a winner of an Instagram contest. I actually really liked it. It used a lot less product, it did sheer the foundation out at first, but I was able to add more without any streaking. Even with a second spread, I was using a lot less product than with my beauty blender. It was faster than I thought it would be too and much easier to use on my nose. I will continue using this and I’m excited to be saving money by using a brush for my foundation.
Lily W.
New York City
(2018 - I have the mini versions of this brush and I love it! I'm so happy they came out with the limited edition short handled but full size brush head of this brush, it makes travelling with the foundation brush so much easier. I wish I picked up the blush brush when I had the chance. That's my only regret, I wasn't into wearing blush as I am now. The brushes were only $5 and it came out around Christmas time and I only found  them in Walgreens. I hope they start selling those again.)

Rating: A+
Price: A+
I love the Real Technique Expert Face Brush. I used to use this brush for liquid foundation applications along with the Stippling Brush. Now I use mainly this brush for my foundation but I switched over powder foundation (MAC Studio Fix Powder) and it works like a dream. I like that it picks up just enough product so I am not wasting more than I need to. It applies the foundation beautifully and never streaky or cakey. The brush hairs are soft and keeps it shape after each washing. I love that this brush is inexpensive compared to a lot of other brushes available.
Jasmine J.
Florence, AL
I loved this for foundation when I first started using this. Then I started using a beauty blender for foundation. I got new foundation brushes and I would use them when my beauty blender was dirty. When I used this brush again I realized how streaky my foundation looked. Granted, every brush is going to make concealer look a little streaky compared to a beauty sponge, but this brush just made my foundation look so much more streaky than any of my other brushes. HOWEVER. I used this to apply a cream contour and I loved it. It's still the brush I reach for to apply my cream contour.
Jessica B.
Homer Glen, IL
I never realized how terrible my old brushes were until I bought new ones. I had been using the original ones that came with my Bare Minerals. This brush is so soft. Wish I had gotten it sooner!
 It distributes evenly and doesn't make it looked like you threw a bucket of powder in your face. Instead just does EXACTLY what a powder brush should do. It's nice and soft and bristles are always falling out like some of the other powder brushes I've tried
Aubrey S.
Syracuse
I’ve tried many different things to apply my liquid foundation and this is by far the best tool I’ve ever used. I use this to buff on and blend my foundation, and it makes everything apply so smoothly without and sort of streaking. It’s so easy to use and it’s a perfect size because it is also small enough for me to use to blend out my concealer.
Prestigious Gal ..
Howe
THIS BRUSH IS NEEDED! I was completely against using a brush for foundation until my cousins told me about this brush so I broke down and tried and I am glad I did. This is one of the best brushes I have ever used for foundation or any liquid makeup. It is smooth and soft and is just all around an A+! I still use a sponge to dab all over just to make sure I am completely blended and that the liquid is on there to stay.
Sabrina K.
Dallas
This face brush replaced a beauty blender for me... I love it so much especially since it is an unbeatable price of $9! Unfortunately with the price comes the issue of quality. This brush doesn’t wash very well and tends to shed on you, in fact I used my last one until it completely unraveled on me. Still I repurchased because it gives my face such a pretty finish, blends well, and doesn’t just spread my foundation around!
Nelli C.
lodi, CA
I have been having this brush for 2 years and i hardly used it and when i did i normally used it to set my face with powdered. But I'm so happy that i tried it on to put foundation recently and i have been loving it when applied with this brush. I normally use a beauty blender. I used it to put my makeup forever ultra hd. I highly recommend this brush it is so afforable. I will be repurchasing another brush.
Cameron O.
West Virginia
For years I just used my fingers to apply my foundation. I knew there were foundation brushes but I didn't think it made a difference. I eventually began using a brush- I tried all different brands and finally purchased this one. This has been the best brush I have used so far; even compared to higher end brands! I love the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for liquid foundation, it goes on so smoothly.
Amanda S.
Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about them, and where can i purchase them?
Dominique B.
I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wondering if these are worth it or not? I see a lot about them but am not sure if they are worth it quality or price wise?
Alexis S.
Dorchester, MA
Where can I get Real Technique brushes in the states
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Are these made by pixiwoo?