BY REAL TECHNIQUES #5 in Facial Makeup Brushes

Great Looks Start with a Flawless Base Your Base/Flawless. Look Pixel Perfect Even in Harsh Light. Ultra Plush Taklon Bristles. High Definition Results. Online Tutorials Make you the Expert My expert face brush is ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation.

• Is a good brush ? And is the brush soft?3 Answers
  • the brush looks like it would work well for foundation.. does it ...6 Answers
  • Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?36 Answers
Jenny S.
Jenny S.
West Covina, CA
I bought this brush after reading a bunch of rave reviews. I bought it at Target online (not in stores and cheaper than Ulta) and through Ebates. When I first got the brush some of the bristles were falling off. I was excited to try it after all the glowing reviews but after using it with my Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, I saw many brush strokes on my face. This was not easy to blend and you definitely have to work at it to buff it out. Like another reviewer, I also had to go in with my Real Techniques sponge to blend the foundation out to get rid of the brush strokes. If you really buff it out then the finish comes out fine but I also felt like when I had to really work at it the bristles were falling off. Also, I felt like I needed more foundation when using the brush vs. the sponge. With a sponge, one pump of foundation was more than enough for me. However, with this brush, I had to use one pump for each side of my face which really wastes expensive foundation. For the price, it was decent but also a let down.
Amy S.
Amy S.
Buda, TX
I've been wanting to try this brush out for sometime. I'm fairly addicted to my Sigma F80 brush, but have been expanding my horizons as of late. This brush was around $8 -$10 dollars at Walgreens. I was there to pick up some medicine and of course had to wait (and shop). First, out of the box - the bristles are very soft. I swiped the brush back and forth on my face with no fall out. Next - the test. I used a cream foundation - MUFE Ultra HD. The brush blends very well! Applies the foundation evenly with a very smooth finish. I was very happy throughout the day with the end product. Finally, the cleaning test...dum dum dum. I hate cleaning my brushes. If the brush is hard to clean it's a dud for me. I used Cinema Secrets to clean the brush. Took a minute - if that. I was very surprised how effortless it was to clean. This is after about 5 days of use.

No shedding, yet!

This is a great brush with an added bonus of a great price!!!
Janira H.
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Really nice brush for a full coverage airbrushed finish. I didn't expect this brush to work as well as it did therefore opened it and had it in my brush cup until one day all of my other face brushes were still wet from washing. This did such an amazing job that for a while I had abandoned my high end Marc Jacobs brush. This brush was under $10 and as always I purchased mine at Ulta where they usually have these on sale for bogo half off plus their store coupon. Only negative is that this brush completely detached of its ferrule or aluminum tubing and I had to throw it away but I will definitely purchase it again and recommend it as it is a great value. My advice to avoid detachment is to be aware when you wash your brushes to try and not allow liquid to reach all the way to the bottom of the bristles where the glue is as I believe that was what caused the demise of my poor brush, otherwise excellent!
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
First and foremost, I love real techniques line of brushes and find them to be pretty top quality for the price. Now I may take some heat for saying this, however I find RT pretty comparable if not better than some of the Mac brushes I've tried over the years. For instance, this expert face brush blends my cream products so flawlessly and feels so soft on my skin, which I enjoy due to the fact that I have such sensitive skin. I highly recommend real techniques collection of brushes, as these are top quality beauty products at an extremely affordable price. And not only that, it also allows those on a budget to be able to have the option of owning great products!
Shawnee H.
Shawnee H.
N Myrtle Bch, SC
This brush is one of my favorites. It is very affordable and works better than many higher end brushes I have tried. The brush is made very well. The bristles are so soft and have stayed soft after many washes. I don't have any problem with the bristles falling out and I've had this brush for probably two years. I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation and it works wonders. It blends the product to easily and comes to a beautiful finish. I bought mine at Target, but I've seen them at my local drugstores, WalMart, etc. I would definitely recommend this product.
Esther K.
Esther K.
Metuchen
This is a brush that everyone should have in their kit. I use this brush to apply my foundation and I love it, especially for heavier coverage. It's very reasonably priced and super easy to clean. I also love the shape of the handle and the curve of the bristles. Its super soft and compared to using a makeup sponge, it provides a lot more coverage so if you're looking for that this is great. You can also use this brush to apply powder, blush or bronzer. It's a super multi-purpose brush that's nicely priced and easy to use! Definitely recommend!
Cal W.
Cal W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of my all time favorite brushes for applying liquid foundation. Everytime I use it, I get a flawless finish. It washes very well with the real techniques brush shampoo. I've also used dawn antibacterial dish soap on it as well as baby magic baby shampoo, and it washes beautifully. I've had my bush for about a year now and I've had no shedding. The bush looks exactly the way it looked the day I purchased it. This is a great buy and I definitely recommend it. I also only paid 6.99 for it at Walmart so it was a great deal.
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Good quality brush for a decent price. Not as cheap as elf but I haven't found a good elf brush to blend foundation.

Overall this is a good brush just not as magical as everyone makes it out to be. I just think it leaves my face a little bit streaky but it definitely helps a foundation coverage wise more than a blending sponge.

I have had it for about 9 months now and have washed it almost once a week. It has held up wonderfully. Everytime I wash it is leave it to dry lying down and it has not shed a single bristle.
Olumayowa A.
Olumayowa A.
Tucson, AZ
Finally used this brush yesterday for the first time. I used a buffing and tapping motion and this set my foundation beautifully. This brush has a way of allowing your liquid makeup to look as if its part of your skin. The price is around $10 which is a GREAT drugstore alternative compared to buying super expensive MAC or Sigma brushes. It gets the job done. You can find these brushes at Ulta, Walmart and Walgreens. I couldn't find them in my local CVS or Target stores but overall I am satisfied that I bought this.
Paighton W.
Paighton W.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used to love this brush. It's very affordable and it applies your foundation beautifully. I love how dense it is and it doesn't shed. It's great quality for the price.
The only thing I don't like is I feel like it wastes so much product. It gets so caked with foundation and dirty so fast. None of my other foundation brushes do that.
Unfortunately I like my Beauty Blender and my Sigma F80 brush more. So I no longer grab for the Real Techniques brush that often. But it's still a great brush!
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about them, and where can i purchase them?
Dominique B.
Dominique B.
I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wondering if these are worth it or not? I see a lot about them but am not sure if they are worth it quality or price wise?
Alexis S.
Alexis S.
Dorchester, MA
Where can I get Real Technique brushes in the states
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Are these made by pixiwoo?