BY REAL TECHNIQUES #33 in Facial Makeup Brushes

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Great Looks Start with a Flawless Base Your Base/Flawless. Look Pixel Perfect Even in Harsh Light. Ultra Plush Taklon Bristles. High Definition Results. Online Tutorials Make you the Expert My expert face brush is ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation.

• Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about t...89 Answers
  • Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?37 Answers
  • I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wonder...45 Answers
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
  • "I have always hesitated to spend very much on makeup brushes, assuming that my $1 copy cats would suffice. Buying this brush proved me wrong! My cheap brushes never lasted and always shed on my face. Who wants a black hairy face?! Not me. This brush is so soft and has never shed. I have used it for just about every part of my face makeup routine and I think it is very versatile as well! The only thing I would not use it for would be contouring because I find it's too wide. Some girls may disagree! Needless to say, no more cheap brushes for me! I'm converted" in 400 reviews
  • "NEWSFLASH! After years of using my fingers to apply liquid foundation I finally discovered that you can use a brush and get a MUCH better finish! I read up reviews and the Real Techniques brushes seemed to be just what I was looking for, I purchased several and they're all great but my favorite by far is the Expert Face Brush. It's sooo soft, perfectly dense, gives great coverage, and is pretty too. Love that the bristles are synthetic so they don't soak up extra foundation, makes for a less wasteful option as well as easier. I spotclean the brush every time I use it and it's held up beautifully, no shedding. I bought this and some other Real Techniques on a B1G1 sale at Ulta so the price was awesome too. No regrets about buying the Expert Face Brush, look no farther if you're hunting for the perfect foundation brush." in 333 reviews
  • "You can't find better brush drugstore, or high end! This brush is well made, cleans easily and applies your makeup flawlessly. I love it to buff in foundation and to apply cream blush and blend in cream/liquid highlighter. " in 192 reviews
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
When I first got this brush, I absolutely loved it. My friend got me hooked onto Real Techniques brushes, and I used this Expert Face Brush to blend my foundation. It lasted for about a good year, until the bristles of the brush started to fall out ): While it did last, it worked really well, slightly streaky, but that happens with any brush really. I've now switched over to using a BeautyBlender for my foundation and I've had to throw this brush out because too many of the bristles were falling out and even when I tried to use it for light stippling, the hairs would get on my face. That's the only reason why I'm giving it 4/5 stars, because I know my friends have had this brush for years now and this hasn't happened to them so I'm guessing maybe I just got a bad one or I didn't wash it properly enough.
Maya A.
Franklin, VT
I have never used a brush for foundation before this. I went straight from fingers to beauty blenders. I didn’t think I’d like this, but I got it in a box from Influenster as a winner of an Instagram contest. I actually really liked it. It used a lot less product, it did sheer the foundation out at first, but I was able to add more without any streaking. Even with a second spread, I was using a lot less product than with my beauty blender. It was faster than I thought it would be too and much easier to use on my nose. I will continue using this and I’m excited to be saving money by using a brush for my foundation.
Kori M.
Macon, GA
I love this brush, I purchased The Urban Decay All Nighter foundation and the brand ambassador went on and on about how I wouldn't be happy with the product unless I used their specific brush.  I bought the foundation anyways, and as warned it just didn't go on very smoothly for how expensive it is.  I returned it, but then a different UD ambassador stopped me and asked why I didn't like it.  I explained about the brush and she led me over the Real Techniques brushes.  She told me these were easily comparable.  It's amazing the difference this brush can make!!
Kristen F.
Los Angeles
I own a lot of brushes, but I tend to reach for my Real Techniques brushes the most. They are all made with synthetic bristles which work really well with cream products. They will work with powder products too but truly shine with cream or liquids.

All of the brushes have densely packed bristles that are very soft, even on sensitive areas like around my eyes.

I have multiple sets of the base brushes as well as the setting brushes. They're just really, really nice for the price. Clean up well, never shed, even after years. I think I've had some of my brushes for 5+ years. Only complaint is that as the brushes get older, the black, rubbery bases start to kind of flake or get a bit tacky? Not sure why but it doesn't affect the performance, so I just keep on using them!

I've bought sets for friends and replaced all of my mom's old brushes with them. Everyone loves them.

This brush works particularly well for cream blushes.
Lily W.
(2018 - I have the mini versions of this brush and I love it! I'm so happy they came out with the limited edition short handled but full size brush head of this brush, it makes travelling with the foundation brush so much easier. I wish I picked up the blush brush when I had the chance. That's my only regret, I wasn't into wearing blush as I am now. The brushes were only $5 and it came out around Christmas time and I only found  them in Walgreens. I hope they start selling those again.)

Rating: A+
Price: A+
I love the Real Technique Expert Face Brush. I used to use this brush for liquid foundation applications along with the Stippling Brush. Now I use mainly this brush for my foundation but I switched over powder foundation (MAC Studio Fix Powder) and it works like a dream. I like that it picks up just enough product so I am not wasting more than I need to. It applies the foundation beautifully and never streaky or cakey. The brush hairs are soft and keeps it shape after each washing. I love that this brush is inexpensive compared to a lot of other brushes available.
Ambika D.
Jersey City, NJ
Finally got my hands on this beautiful face brush. The head of the brush is more dense and tightly packed. The synthetic bristles are soft and dense and it doesn’t hurt your skin even if you buff product in.
The Expert Face Brush doesn’t work as well for powder foundation, but it works very well for liquid or creamy foundation, similarly giving an even, flawless finish to skin.

Now I understand the real hype of Real Techniques Brushes and trust me, its worth the hype.
Chris T.
I love the Real Techniques sponge and wanted to try this foundation brush after my Sigma F82 needed to be replaced.  For the price compared to Sigma.  The girl at Ulta recommended this brush over Morphe and Tarte foundation brush.  I had to give it a try.

I love the handle so that after washing, it can stand up and air dry overnight.  The head is plush and very soft on the face.

This is a nice sturdy brush in your hand.  It applies foundation beautifully without streaking.  I use this to both buff and stipple foundation onto my face.  I also use this to stipple in my concealer.

I have only had this brush for 3 months and it is holding up well to use and cleaning.
Hannah N.
Seminole
This is a great foundation brush at a great price. I bought this to blend out all my creams and it does a wonderful job. None of the hairs have fallen out, it washes nicely, has a nice weight to it. Lovely lovely. It blends out my foundation, cream contour, cream blush, cream bronzer, and anything else wonderfully. It is very dense and very soft which means it really evenly applies and distributes product. Any of the real techniques brushes are amazing. You would never know this isn’t a more luxurious brush just by using it.
Jasmine J.
Florence, AL
I loved this for foundation when I first started using this. Then I started using a beauty blender for foundation. I got new foundation brushes and I would use them when my beauty blender was dirty. When I used this brush again I realized how streaky my foundation looked. Granted, every brush is going to make concealer look a little streaky compared to a beauty sponge, but this brush just made my foundation look so much more streaky than any of my other brushes. HOWEVER. I used this to apply a cream contour and I loved it. It's still the brush I reach for to apply my cream contour.
Jessica B.
Homer Glen, IL
I never realized how terrible my old brushes were until I bought new ones. I had been using the original ones that came with my Bare Minerals. This brush is so soft. Wish I had gotten it sooner!
 It distributes evenly and doesn't make it looked like you threw a bucket of powder in your face. Instead just does EXACTLY what a powder brush should do. It's nice and soft and bristles are always falling out like some of the other powder brushes I've tried
Amanda S.
Are these good brushes? I have heard great things about them, and where can i purchase them?
Dominique B.
I am looking to invest in some new brushes and was wondering if these are worth it or not? I see a lot about them but am not sure if they are worth it quality or price wise?
Alexis S.
Roslindale, MA
Where can I get Real Technique brushes in the states
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Which Real Techniques brush is your favorite?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Are these made by pixiwoo?

back